Can anyone point me to a cd quality version of CA?

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 9 2012, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:48 PM)
I refuse to buy the CD unless I first find it worthy of being bought, period.

So how do you ever buy any CD, if you have to hear it in CD-quality first to decide if it's worthy of buying? wacko.gif Illogical, does not compute. fing.gif

Don't worry, I know this thread isn't a serious request, just more grandstanding and looking for attention. beathorse.gif

That's OK. Many have a hard time wrapping their minds around my opinions, whether it be that they refuse to see the hard facts or are cerebrally incapable of doing so.

I usually only buy CDs that hit a home run with me, immediately. Obviously, this Rush CD has failed, imo, BUT, since there are so many posters who rabidly extoll the perfection of this CD, I would like to give it a fair chance, against all odds.

One thing is certain, and that is if you DON'T decide to buy the CD and just give up on it completely, hearts will be breaking all around the world for all of those reading this thread. I don't think you fully understand just how invested we are in you hearing this properly before you give up on it, so here is the link to download the CD quality version!!!

http://downloadanymusic/lossless/rush/ca/freeware.com

PLEASE let us all know what you think of it immediately!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:19 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction to it.  If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a fair listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD.  If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole.  Thank u,

Kurt

Unbelievable.

This is the same guy who's been bitching about how bad the album is, and come to find out that as of July 9th he doesn't even have it and he's only heard YouTube clips of it! wtf.gif

Tell you what, hotshot. You don't get to talk shit about CA until you freaking have it! rage.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz

Gemini - starting this month, rd.io has a one week free trial offer, all you need is any old email address to sign up, it's awesome they have so much music, millions upon millions of tracks, it is almost impossible to "stump them" with obscure stuff!

http://www.rdio.com/

Anyways, go sign up for a free trial, and then do a "search by band" and look for "Strapping Young Lad". On the results page find the song "You F**king Suck" and listen to that!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 10 2012, 08:56 AM)
Gemini - starting this month, rd.io has a one week free trial offer, all you need is any old email address to sign up, it's awesome they have so much music, millions upon millions of tracks, it is almost impossible to "stump them" with obscure stuff!

http://www.rdio.com/

Anyways, go sign up for a free trial, and then do a "search by band" and look for "Strapping Young Lad". On the results page find the song "You F**king Suck" and listen to that!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

so awesome!!!

It has nothing to do with being cheap. Its the principal. I refuse to buy the CD unless I first find it worthy of being bought, period. Why should I financially support Rush if I feel the album is a half-effort on the part of the members of Rush? The recording quality is another issue. From what I've heard thus far, CA is easily at the bottom of the Rush catalog.

You shouldn't...so don't buy it. If you want a CD quality copy, go to Best Buy and shoplift it. If you're that "principled" about it you should at LEAST have the integrity to steal the right way.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 9 2012, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 9 2012, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 9 2012, 06:11 PM)
Yeah, the only thing is that all of his 1600 posts have pretty well been negative comments about Rush. laugh.gif

That plus working out his "feelings" towards the band. confused13.gif

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=35919

OMG, I never read that before. I just don't know what to make of that? That's scary stuff!

Isn't it? b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 9 2012, 01:58 PM)
I refuse to buy the CD unless I first find it worthy of being bought, period.

So how do you ever buy any CD, if you have to hear it in CD-quality first to decide if it's worthy of buying? wacko.gif Illogical, does not compute. fing.gif

Don't worry, I know this thread isn't a serious request, just more grandstanding and looking for attention. beathorse.gif

This ^

Dude, you are a tool.

What did people do before the internet came out?

1)They either heard the song on the radio (wasn't CD quality then)

2) A friend let them borrow the record

3) They purchased the record w/o hearing it first

So, it's doubtful you will hear CA on many radio stations, you have no friends to borrow from and too cheap to spend $9.95 at Best Buy. I don't know what to tell you.

The funniest thing to me is that they are actually a few people that agree with you.

I guess even Manson had his followers.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 10 2012, 11:24 AM)
4 pages.

Mission Accomplished right Gemini?

wink.gif

laugh.gif

A Screwdriver walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, we have a drink named after you!"

The Screwdriver responds, "You have a drink named Murray?"

gumby.gif

Look, dude, buy it, don't buy it. Download it, don't downlaod it. Borrow it, don't borrow it. Do I wish that you liked what you've heard so far? Sure I do, but I wish the everyone liked Rush. Seems to me, however, that your mind was made up loooonnngggg before CA was released, but you do love to stir the pot...which admittedly can be fun to watch.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jul 10 2012, 12:56 PM)
A Screwdriver walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, we have a drink named after you!"

gumby.gif

Look, dude, buy it, don't buy it. Download it, don't downlaod it. Borrow it, don't borrow it. Do I wish that you liked what you've heard so far? Sure I do, but I wish the everyone liked Rush. Seems to me, however, that your mind was made up loooonnngggg before CA was released, but you do love to stir the pot...which admittedly can be fun to watch.

I'm going to be fair and listen to the album (and listen often) at the persistent insistence of others here. I'm really doing this for them, believe or not.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 10 2012, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 10 2012, 01:31 PM)
You are really doing it for us? I'm pretty sure there is a name for that in some sort of psychiatric journal.

cool10.gif

Yes, its called "empathy"

Hahaha!

As I said I am sure there is a name for it, but I'm sure it leans toward some form of delusion, and certainly not empathy.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 10 2012, 01:21 PM)
I'm going to be fair and listen to the album (and listen often) at the persistent insistence of others here. I'm really doing this for them, believe or not.

Why? confused13.gif We already know you're not going to like it. no.gif I'll put on my Nostradamus cap right now and predict with 100% certainty that you'll come back in a week or so and say that CA is a dissapointing, half-hearted effort that's a far cry from classic Rush. With so few fans hating CA, you'll stand out and get much more attention by being a hater. eyesre4.gif

And even if you're being honest (which I sincerely doubt) the audio quality of the CA songs on YouTube is not THAT terrible compared to the CD. So if you already don't like the songs, the CD is not going to change anything for you.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 10 2012, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jul 10 2012, 12:56 PM)

gumby.gif

laugh.gif now you're doing things for people here? Why didn't you leave TRF when it was clamored for? Since you're in the mood, can you go away and never return??

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 10 2012, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 10 2012, 01:31 PM)
You are really doing it for us? I'm pretty sure there is a name for that in some sort of psychiatric journal.

cool10.gif

Yes, its called "empathy"

Yeah, because you're such a sweetheart. Always thinking of others. eyesre4.gif

If you want to do something for us, forget about listening to the CD. How about you just put an ixnay on the ollingtray?