Can anyone point me to a cd quality version of CA?

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (sammy @ Jul 9 2012, 05:25 PM)
Over 1600 posts on a Rush forum and you won't buy their CD until you're absolutely sure that it's worthy of your dollars icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Yeah, the only thing is that all of his 1600 posts have pretty well been negative comments about Rush. laugh.gif

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not defending anybody but i do get what he is saying since i have done the same thing.......countless times.

An example is when i downloaded a copy of a studio recording software. 30 days is no where near enough time to figure out if i want to spend $500.00 on it. I had it for six months before i decided to purchase it.

Of course $500.00 IS a lot more then the cost of a cd but the principal is still the same.

Had i not liked it in the end, just like his opinion of the music....it ends up in the recycle bin. If i like it, I buy it.

The only difference would be in the honesty of doing the right thing in the end.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:19 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction to it. If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a fair listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD. If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole. Thank u,

Kurt

Hey Kurt,

Check out your local library.

That's where I listen to all new releases that I'm not 100% certain about buying.

I hope you like the new album.

~RGLT cool.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 9 2012, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 9 2012, 06:11 PM)
Yeah, the only thing is that all of his 1600 posts have pretty well been negative comments about Rush. laugh.gif

That plus working out his "feelings" towards the band. confused13.gif

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=35919

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

But but but.....

"The said Rush member then suggests that you join him and his wife upstairs in the Master bedroom. You gaze up at the spiral stair, and then to the Rush member where you notice his hungry eyes, and open mind. Are you prepared to indulge in both sides of the hemispheres or do you politely decline, suggesting that the hour is late and you feel you've got to move, (yes, you do?) Or do you proceed, tricked by circumstances?"

Whoa............ unsure.gif

Edited by Gedneil Alpeart

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 9 2012, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 9 2012, 05:24 PM)
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75734&st=120.

Just to remind everyone what this dude said recently after looking at Goober's one month poll and all the positive ratings CA has gotten:

"Wow. Didn't realize how many people here that have such low standards in music. Its no wonder that the music, movies and TV shows that are considered popular today are absolute rubbish. I never thought the dumbing-down process could get any worse.

Btw, Nothing personal to anyone, I assure. Just my personal observation."

....what an asshole.....

It's really sad. I'll bet he has no friends or social life. Why else would someone go through these kind of motions? There is no joy in what the poster brings...I'll bet he's not allowed 200 feet near a school.

fing.gif

It is obviously a sad existence that this guy is living. All he seems to have is discontentment towards everything and everyone. I honestly hope that he will see this and do something to try and change it. Life's too short to have so much hatred in you for the majority of it!

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jul 9 2012, 06:48 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction to it.  If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a fair listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD.  If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole.  Thank u,

Kurt

Hey Kurt,

Check out your local library.

That's where I listen to all new releases that I'm not 100% certain about buying.

I hope you like the new album.

~RGLT cool.gif

Thank you, R. You are the first to offer a real solution. I appreciate it very much smile.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 9 2012, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 9 2012, 06:11 PM)

That plus working out his "feelings" towards the band. confused13.gif

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=35919

OMG, I never read that before. I just don't know what to make of that? That's scary stuff!

QUOTE (Ghostnotes @ Jul 9 2012, 06:36 PM)
I'm not defending anybody but i do get what he is saying since i have done the same thing.......countless times.

An example is when i downloaded a copy of a studio recording software. 30 days is no where near enough time to figure out if i want to spend $500.00 on it. I had it for six months before i decided to purchase it.
Of course $500.00 IS a lot more then the cost of a cd but the principal is still the same.

Had i not liked it in the end, just like his opinion of the music....it ends up in the recycle bin. If i like it, I buy it.
The only difference would be in the honesty of doing the right thing in the end.

Thanks, Ghostnote. Many here are mortified when presented with alternative points of view.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 04:19 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction to it. If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a fair listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD. If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole. Thank u,

Kurt

You will like the album. The recording is decent, far better than VT. Trust me....this is coming from someone who hasn't taken too kindly to the newer stuff. This is easily their 7th or 8th best album.

Lol imagine if someone said this back in the 70's or even 80's? "Can anyone point me to the direction of a good quality copy of Rush's new album?"

"Uhh......*points to record store* ?

Think about how many albums were chanced on back when the internet didnt exist. The only way to know whether something is good or not, is by radio or a friend showing you the album etc. Nobody is going to give you free handouts. Buy the album or GTFO.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 9 2012, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 04:19 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction to it.  If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a fair listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD.  If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole.  Thank u,

Kurt

You will like the album. The recording is decent, far better than VT. Trust me....this is coming from someone who hasn't taken too kindly to the newer stuff. This is easily their 7th or 8th best album.

Thank u, M!

QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ Jul 9 2012, 09:41 PM)
Lol imagine if someone said this back in the 70's or even 80's? "Can anyone point me to the direction of a good quality copy of Rush's new album?"

Think about how many albums were chanced on back when the internet didnt exist. The only way to know whether something is good or not, is by radio or a friend showing you the album etc. Nobody is going to give you free handouts. Buy the album or GTFO.

And that's kind of the beauty of buying an album. You get into some hidden gems that you wouldn't hear by just buying a single on ITunes.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 9 2012, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ Jul 9 2012, 09:41 PM)

And that's kind of the beauty of buying an album. You get into some hidden gems that you wouldn't hear by just buying a single on ITunes.

When I was in my twenties I use to go to second hand record stores and walk out with a pile of albums and some of the bands/artists that I would buy albums of I had never heard of. The albums just looked like they might have a little promise. It was fun to take chances and sometimes I'd find a real gem in one of those albums.

The music industry is designed to rip you off. Gemini is right here. It is designed so that you buy something based on what other people say about it. Usually before buying a product you get to test it out and kind of get a feel for it. With music that is not the case. It is a gamble. I don't buy anything until I am sure that I like it.

Why would he buy something he doesn't enjoy?

I'd recommend a Cambridge amplifier, it processes the signal digitally then analogally? through valves to give the sound that vinyl warmth. Clockwork Angels sounds good to me although I understand all the mastering issues people have been arguing about. Edited by tas7

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 02:48 PM)
It has nothing to do with being cheap. Its the principal.  I refuse to buy the CD unless I first find it worthy of being bought, period.  Why should I financially support Rush if I feel the album is a half-effort on the part of the members of Rush?  The recording quality is another issue.  From what I've heard thus far, CA is easily at the bottom of the Rush catalog.

Really?

There has never been any such thing as a half hearted effert by RUSH. You might not like it, but that 's what they felt the need to express at the the time. A lot of it I love, some of it is crap, but the bottom line is that there has never been a band more devoted to excellence.

Perhaps YES.

But RUSH is still my fav.

Edited by Weakly Criminal

Kurt

Paraphrasing:

I'm crapping on an album most people like, if someone would give me some free stuff, I 'may' change my mind.

Fo Guck yourself.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jul 10 2012, 05:35 AM)

Kurt

Paraphrasing:

I'm crapping on an album most people like, if someone would give me some free stuff, I 'may' change my mind.

Fo Guck yourself.

This

yes.gif

Kurt

Go to a record store and ask to listen to CA saying I can't believe is SO good... wink.gif