Can anyone point me to a cd quality version of CA?

GeminiRising79

I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction to it. If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a fair listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD. If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole. Thank u,

Kurt

Edited by GeminiRising79

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 04:19 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction of it.  If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a good listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD.  If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole.  Thanks,

Kurt

*shakes his head*

Glue yourself to some radio station then I guess cheapskate!

Nobody here is going to point you to an illegal stream or anything and to my knowledge online music services such as rd.io and Spotify do not have it, Rush does not want to be on those "all you can eat" services, although their old stuff is there.

You've been coming here for years, seem to have weekly homoerotic thoughts about the band members and yet you won't chuck $12 to hear the album?

Stuff it buddy!

moon.gif

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:19 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction of it. If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a good listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD. If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole. Thanks,

Kurt

pokey.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 04:19 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction of it.  If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a good listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD.  If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole.  Thanks,

Kurt

*shakes his head*

Glue yourself to some radio station then I guess cheapskate!

Nobody here is going to point you to an illegal stream or anything and to my knowledge online music services such as rd.io and Spotify.

You've been coming here for years, seem to have weekly homoerotic thoughts about the band members and yet you won't chuck $12 to hear the album?

Stuff it buddy!

moon.gif

goodpost.gif

It has nothing to do with being cheap. Its the principal. I refuse to buy the CD unless I first find it worthy of being bought, period. Why should I financially support Rush if I feel the album is a half-effort on the part of the members of Rush? The recording quality is another issue. From what I've heard thus far, CA is easily at the bottom of the Rush catalog.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 04:48 PM)
It has nothing to do with being cheap. Its the principal. I refuse to buy the CD unless I first find it worthy of being bought, period. Why should I financially support Rush if I feel the album is a half-effort on the part of the members of Rush? The recording quality is another issue. From what I've heard thus far, CA is easily at the bottom of the Rush catalog.

ROFL. Go take your meds.

You pay to play.

If I can show you any sign of consolation or kidness I will say that outside the instrumentals and maybe two other tracks on Snakes & Arrows I was not a fan of most of the rest.

Clockwork Angels is far superior. You'd probably like it.

Now go. $12 well spent.

If you don't want to buy the CD, you can download it on iTunes.

tongue.gif

It is a record album; like most songs, they grow on you the more you listen.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:48 PM)
I refuse to buy the CD unless I first find it worthy of being bought, period.

So how do you ever buy any CD, if you have to hear it in CD-quality first to decide if it's worthy of buying? wacko.gif Illogical, does not compute. fing.gif

Don't worry, I know this thread isn't a serious request, just more grandstanding and looking for attention. beathorse.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:19 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction to it.  If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a fair listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD.  If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole.  Thank u,

Kurt

You have the AUDACITY to ask anyone in here for anything when you keep insulting us everyday how our tastes suck and other such insults? I think Goober has kept track of your insult labels. You seriously need help. You are truly shameless. And it has nothing to do with liking or not liking something. You're a pure narcissist and an insensitive jerk. You love trying to piss people off and get a hard on from looking at yourself in the mirror. Buzz off and go away forever.

Edited by Gedneil Alpeart

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 12:19 PM)
I've only heard the lo-res youtube version of CA, and I refuse to purchase the CD based on my initial reaction to it. If anyone would be willing to point me to a good quality recording, I will give a fair listen and see if it "blooms" after a week. If I do see some early glimmers and it grows on me, like so many of you insist, I will buy the CD. If not, I will give an in-depth critique of each song, and the album as a whole. Thank u,

Kurt

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 9 2012, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:48 PM)
I refuse to buy the CD unless I first find it worthy of being bought, period.

So how do you ever buy any CD, if you have to hear it in CD-quality first to decide if it's worthy of buying? wacko.gif Illogical, does not compute. fing.gif

Don't worry, I know this thread isn't a serious request, just more grandstanding and looking for attention. beathorse.gif

That's OK. Many have a hard time wrapping their minds around my opinions, whether it be that they refuse to see the hard facts or are cerebrally incapable of doing so.

I usually only buy CDs that hit a home run with me, immediately. Obviously, this Rush CD has failed, imo, BUT, since there are so many posters who rabidly extoll the perfection of this CD, I would like to give it a fair chance, against all odds.

Edited by GeminiRising79

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75734&st=120.

Just to remind everyone what this dude said recently after looking at Goober's one month poll and all the positive ratings CA has gotten:

"Wow. Didn't realize how many people here that have such low standards in music. Its no wonder that the music, movies and TV shows that are considered popular today are absolute rubbish. I never thought the dumbing-down process could get any worse.

Btw, Nothing personal to anyone, I assure. Just my personal observation."

....what an asshole.....

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 05:16 PM)
I usually only buy CDs that hit a home run with me, immediately. Obviously, this Rush CD has failed, imo, BUT, since there are so many posters who rabidly extoll the perfection of this CD, I would like to give it a fair chance, against all odds.

Don't bother, you're not going to like it. no.gif

And you're not going to like the setlist either, so please don't buy any tickets for this tour. no.gif

By the way, TRF has a policy against sharing or asking for pirated music, so even if your OP is honest eyesre4.gif you're out of line.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 9 2012, 05:24 PM)
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75734&st=120.

Just to remind everyone what this dude said recently after looking at Goober's one month poll and all the positive ratings CA has gotten:

"Wow. Didn't realize how many people here that have such low standards in music. Its no wonder that the music, movies and TV shows that are considered popular today are absolute rubbish. I never thought the dumbing-down process could get any worse.

Btw, Nothing personal to anyone, I assure. Just my personal observation."

....what an asshole.....

It's really sad. I'll bet he has no friends or social life. Why else would someone go through these kind of motions? There is no joy in what the poster brings...I'll bet he's not allowed 200 feet near a school.

fing.gif