BU2B2 is not a song

jc4gd

Just the way it fades out and how WTW bounces in, and being that it's the begining of The Pedlar 2.

It does have a beauty to it..................if it seen by some as "dull" then parts of the song 2112 are equally "dull"........don't get me wrong, 2112 is a great song, but the tempo does change dramatically.......and so it is with BU2B2/WTW.

.......I guess we'll find out in concert if they play them together.........hope so....

Edited by jc4gd

I like it. It fits perfectly on the album. Kind of like "Stop" from The Wall

BU2B is a song, and a damn good one at that when you're listening to the full album. Otherwise it seems at little out of place.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jul 7 2012, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (BigBob @ Jul 7 2012, 05:20 PM)

Damn right...I love it.

yes.gif

QUOTE (jc4gd @ Jul 7 2012, 04:03 PM)
Just the way it fades out and how WTW bounces in, and being that it's the begining of The Pedlar 2.

It does have a beauty to it..................if it seen by some as "dull" then parts of the song 2112 are equally "dull"........don't get me wrong, 2112 is a great song, but the tempo does change dramatically.......and so it is with BU2B2/WTW.

.......I guess we'll find out in concert if they play them together.........hope so....

Interestingly, in one of the interviews with Geddy and Alex, BU2B2 was played with Wish Them Well immediately following almost as if they were "one". Regardless, I agree, I don't consider BU2B2 a song, but it fits so well on the album and I enjoy hearing something different that Rush hasn't done before, or at the very least seldom.

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 7 2012, 04:17 PM)
It's not a song it's a good composition. BU2B2 has an own special mood. wink.gif

Let's call it badass let's call it music.

The boys let it all hang out on this effort!!!

2.gif

QUOTE (BigBob @ Jul 7 2012, 04:20 PM)

GREAT analogy! I agree completely. At first, I didn't think it worked but as an intro to the end of the album, it works perfectly.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jul 8 2012, 08:17 AM)
QUOTE (BigBob @ Jul 7 2012, 04:20 PM)

GREAT analogy! I agree completely. At first, I didn't think it worked but as an intro to the end of the album, it works perfectly.

goodpost.gif

It strikes me as a transition, as if the main character is dreamily reflecting on his past life and what he always believed, and then when WTW kicks in, he's reached a moment of clarity about it all. I think it works fine in that respect.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jul 8 2012, 03:58 AM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jul 7 2012, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (BigBob @ Jul 7 2012, 05:20 PM)

Damn right...I love it.

yes.gif

I think it's great. Might be just 90 seconds, but I think it's a song.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 7 2012, 04:52 PM)
BU2B is a song, and a damn good one at that when you're listening to the full album. Otherwise it seems at little out of place.

goodpost.gif

If I'm listening to the album, front to back, I let it play... if it comes up while on shuffle, it gets skipped.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 9 2012, 02:15 PM)
Am I the only one who sees the title BU2B2 and sings it to the melody to the chorus of "Strangers In The Night"...?

biggrin.gif

Uhm, probably. I'm thinking most likely, yes.

But if you want to talk about it call me. I'm bored and lonely too.

I think it serves its purpose. It seems very Tool-esque or Pinkish Floyd, where short "songs" serve to make the transition. I've come to appreciate it and listen all the way through because it's a great set-up for the first blast of WTW!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 9 2012, 01:15 PM)
Am I the only one who sees the title BU2B2 and sings it to the melody to the chorus of "Strangers In The Night"...?

biggrin.gif

Creepy penguins singing Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo...

yes, you're the only one. biggrin.gif