What are you watching right now?

Maverick

A commercial for a new film….Cocaine Bear.  

Cocaine Bear?!  A bear whacked out on cocaine?!  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

A commercial for a new film….Cocaine Bear.  

Cocaine Bear?!  A bear whacked out on cocaine?!  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

One of the last movies Ray Liotta did.  Also, Keri Russell has not aged at all.  I'm getting a Snakes on a Plane, Sharknado and Hot Tube Time Machine vibe from the movie in that it says it is what it is.

Hello My Name Is Doris on Paramount/Showtime.

Edited by invisible airwave

Fight The Power: How Hip Hop Changed The World

4 part series on public television about the beginnings of hip hop.  Hosted by Chuck D of Public Enemy.  Part One was on tonight and it was very interesting.  It was a history of influences on the Bronx neighborhood where hip hop got started.  I like some hip hop, not always all of it, but it's all someone's musical art; it's all good.

qG8KpiHm.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 7:38 PM, invisible airwave said:

HeUYYoM.jpg

"Three Days..." is such an underrated crime thriller. A nice complex plot and a pretty decent performance from Reford, even though he was playing Robert Redford again. But I really liked the cool, calculated performance from the ever-dependable Max Von Sydow as the Hitman.

I also enjoyed the last 5 minutes with Redford threatening to go to the press to reveal all the covert foreign ops going on by his former government agency; only to be told in no uncertain terms by hi former boss, "Yeah, but how do you know they will print it!?"

• Like 2

MV5BMTc3NjY2OTIwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg1

No, not the bloody awful travesty of a remake starring Sylvester Stallone, but the original 1971 classic with Michael Caine.

A very bleak depressing but very hard-hitting crime thriller that looks rather dated now obviously. And yet it still carries a heavy punch with an amazing performance from Caine (far more believable compared to his earlier Harry Palmer thrillers).

The last 10 minutes is quite shocking, and the entire film is not exactly a barrel of laughs.

Another highlight was the first 5 minutes and the credits-intro while Caine is travelling up to the North of England on a British Rail train. The music fitted the scene perfectly.

Hill-Street-Blues-2.jpg

"Hill Street Blues"

Back in the 80s I thought this show was incredibly raw and true-to-life compared to the usual formulaic cop shows such as Starsky and Hutch,  Cagney and Lacey, Kojak et al.

Some 40 odd years on, and it still has its moments, even though it hasn't aged well. But with  the presence of the late-great, Daniel J. Travanti (as Captain Frank Furillo) in control of things, it is still a pleasure to watch.

Oh, and let's be careful out there!

• Like 2

On 2/13/2023 at 7:26 AM, Sonatine said:

Hill-Street-Blues-2.jpg

"Hill Street Blues"

Back in the 80s I thought this show was incredibly raw and true-to-life compared to the usual formulaic cop shows such as Starsky and Hutch,  Cagney and Lacey, Kojak et al.

Some 40 odd years on, and it still has its moments, even though it hasn't aged well. But with  the presence of the late-great, Daniel J. Travanti (as Captain Frank Furillo) in control of things, it is still a pleasure to watch.

Oh, and let's be careful out there!

I was at Universal Studios on Saturday and heard the Simpsons variation on that theme blaring after I finished it's ride.  Haven't heard Go Simpsonic and Songs in the Key in years.

My yearly V Day tradition of watching my favorite romcom and one of my favorite comfort movies.  Saw it twice in theaters in my first Spring semester of college.  Has Jables humming Jacob's Ladder as well.

v0WDnDM.gif

That short lived Hulu show is decent as well.

Edited by invisible airwave

Independent Lens:  “9 to 5: The Story of a Movement”.  Boston secretaries in the early 1970’s organized and fought for better pay, benefits and NO sexual harassment.  

Awesome news videos of 70’s clothing and indignant and angry men, who just couldn’t understand what the problem was…..:tongue:

The Police live in Oakland, CA September 10, 1983

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 6:42 PM, Krystal said:

The Police live in Oakland, CA September 10, 1983

My cousin saw them with Thompson Twins and Berlin around that time at Hollywood Park in Inglewood,CA.  Didn't know until she posted on Facebook.  I was a month away from turning 3 so I don't remember although I do remember the Synchronicity songs from my earliest memory of pop music around 2 and a few months.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

My cousin saw them with Thompson Twins and Berlin around that time at Hollywood Park in Inglewood,CA.  Didn't know until she posted on Facebook.  I was a month away from turning 3 so I don't remember although I do remember the Synchronicity songs from my earliest memory of pop music around 2 and a few months.

I was also too young for concerts in the 1980s.

They had a reunion in 2007 but they didn't come to my city. 

I didn't even know there was a reunion until it was over. 

Edited by Krystal