What are you watching right now?

Maverick

I'm 50 minutes into Out of Africa on Showtime streaming and while far from terrible there have been much better best picture winners.  Color Purple was definitely robbed in that category.  Hell, there are much better 1985 movies that weren't nominated like Back to the Future, After Hours and Brazil.

An intriguing series on HBO Max called The Rehearsal. The host (Nathan) of the show is contacted by people who want to break difficult confessions to friends and or family but are afraid of making it worse so he arranges for the person to rehearse their confession a few times so it will go more smoothly. Recommended!

45 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Dark Winds, on AMC.  Mystery set on the Navajo reservation in Arizona, based on Tony Hillerman's mysteries.  It's been really good!

I'll have to check that out, I love Tony Hillerman.  Leaphorn and Chee :smile:

• Like 1

American Interior - Documentary where Gruff Rhys from the band Super Furry Animals goes to America from his native Wales to retrace the route that John Evans (his English name rather than his original Welsh name) took in the 1700s in order to find Welsh speaking Native American Indians. 

Gruff does this by doing a tour on the way which is a combination of a talk with powerpoint charts interspersed with songs, some of which he's working on as he's going along. 

Amusing and interesting. Especially if you're a fan of his music.

Edited by Malignant Narcissist

Has anyone seen the Lord of the Rings show on Amazon?  I’m hearing very conflicting things about this.  I’m not exactly a Tolkien nut, but I do love the LOTR books and the Hobbit and will need to have a very compelling show to make me overlook straying too dramatically from Tolkien’s mythology.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

Has anyone seen the Lord of the Rings show on Amazon?  I’m hearing very conflicting things about this.  I’m not exactly a Tolkien nut, but I do love the LOTR books and the Hobbit and will need to have a very compelling show to make me overlook straying too dramatically from Tolkien’s mythology.  

I watched half an episode.  I'm a huge fan of the books and pretty much liked the movies.  I hated the bloated Hobbit film series, and  Amazon's Ring of Power smacks too much of that.  Though the imagery is fantastic, the story drags.

• Like 1

I just watched “Yesterday” last night.  The premise is fun, and the music is obviously great, but I didn’t think it was as funny as it could have been.  And I also have a viscerally negative reaction to Kate McKinnon, who apparently only knows how to play one character in one way.  Still, I enjoyed it.  

• Like 1

If you've ever wondered what Jude Law would be like as James Bond, then you'll love this:

Spy2015_TeaserPoster.jpg

• Like 1