What are you watching right now?

Maverick

Aliens on Showtime

Like Terminator and Godfather, a sequel that is on the same quality level as the original. Fitting how both are 2 of them are from James Cameron. First time seeing the theatrical unedited since I was only 5 when it came out and saw it on KTTV Fox 11 when the 4th came out. I've only seen the director's cut after that. Both of the 1st two are great but I prefer this since it's so quotable.

"Did IQs drop sharply while I was away?"

Edited by invisible airwave

The Queen's Gambit, on Netflix.

I watched it a couple of years ago, and recall it was a really good show.

Binge watching again (the best procrastination tool in the box) and again, it is a great show.

Chess? Young women wonder? Not predictable, lots of production value, great writing (in my opinion).

With so much stuff to watch, this show is done in episodes, you can decide if it's worth watching more.

...plink plink.

The Queen's Gambit, on Netflix.

I watched it a couple of years ago, and recall it was a really good show.

Binge watching again (the best procrastination tool in the box) and again, it is a great show.

Chess? Young women wonder? Not predictable, lots of production value, great writing (in my opinion).

With so much stuff to watch, this show is done in episodes, you can decide if it's worth watching more.

...plink plink.

I've watched it three times. Love it!
  • Like 1

Olympic curling. Italy has never won a curling medal, yet their mixed doubles team has made it through the round robins (9 wins in 9 matches) and are up 5-0 vs Sweden to advance the gold medal match UNDEFEATED in competition! Incredible.

Gran Torino

I’ve never seen the film in its entirety. I’ve seen the ending, and now I’m watching the middle. I still have to watch the beginning.

Eastwood never disappoints.

• Like 2

Flipping channels....came upon Beyond The Lighted Stage ..... just in time for Ghost Rider. :| Edited by Principled Man

More curling, this time women's with Canada vs Sweden. Canada got schooled by Japan this AM, so they really need this one. Sweden is the winningest women's Olympic team

Just finished a Law & Order episode that featured Chevy Chase as a scumbag racist who coerced his teenage son to murder a Jewish woman, then wouldn’t try to save him from prison. Fascinating to see Chase in such a role.
  • Like 1

Just finished a Law & Order episode that featured Chevy Chase as a scumbag racist who coerced his teenage son to murder a Jewish woman, then wouldn’t try to save him from prison. Fascinating to see Chase in such a role.

That would be interesting! There's a Law and Order:SVU episode with kind of the same thing- Bob Saget is this really jealous husband that plants a tracking chip in his wife's arm so he can always know what she is doing. It's kind of fascinating to see funny guys play against type.

Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance. Though to be honest, I'm only 45 mins. in and am very tempted to abandon it. I'm afraid that not even the mighty Idris Elba and Ciaran Hinds (two of my very favorite actors) can save this one.

Gran Torino

I’ve never seen the film in its entirety. I’ve seen the ending, and now I’m watching the middle. I still have to watch the beginning.

Eastwood never disappoints.

That`s a great watch to watch a film, or read a book. :yes: I`m very impatient and want to know what the story is first, then I can relax and enjoy the performances and cinematography without all that pesky dialogue and action getting in the way.