What are you watching right now?

Maverick

Just finished this:

http://images3.alphacoders.com/149/149665.jpg

Excellent! Saw all of The Pacific not too long ago and thought that was really good too.

Such an great series! The one soldier, Maj. Dick Winters, retired not far from here in Hershey,Pa. I was stupid not to go see him speak before he passed away.

Oh wow. When did he pass away? In the last 5-10 years?

Just about five years ago, in 2011. He was supposed to be a great guy, by all accounts. He really didn't like to show up to things that honored him but he would go speak at stuff that honored or helped other veterans.

Sounds like an honorable person even well beyond his war time efforts & sacrifices.

He must've been at least in his early 90s when he passed.

• Like 1

Just finished this:

Excellent! Saw all of The Pacific not too long ago and thought that was really good too.

Such an great series! The one soldier, Maj. Dick Winters, retired not far from here in Hershey,Pa. I was stupid not to go see him speak before he passed away.

Just about five years ago, in 2011. He was supposed to be a great guy, by all accounts. He really didn't like to show up to things that honored him but he would go speak at stuff that honored or helped other veterans.

Sounds like an honorable person even well beyond his war time efforts & sacrifices.

I think it said in the paper he was 92. It's poignant, any WWII vets still with us are fairly old. We have a close family friend that enlisted right out of high school and he is a frail 93 now. Husband and I grew up in the 70's :codger: and talk about how when we were in high school, many of us or our friends had fathers that were WWII vets with interesting stories and we just didn't realize it. My late father in law served in North Africa in the fight against Rommel but we didn't hear that for many years.

• Like 1

Just finished this:

I think it said in the paper he was 92. It's poignant, any WWII vets still with us are fairly old. We have a close family friend that enlisted right out of high school and he is a frail 93 now. Husband and I grew up in the 70's :codger: and talk about how when we were in high school, many of us or our friends had fathers that were WWII vets with interesting stories and we just didn't realize it. My late father in law served in North Africa in the fight against Rommel but we didn't hear that for many years.

A late friend of mine was at Pearl Harbor and survived a sunk ship in the Pacific, replete with circling up over night to fend off the sharks. The story that Quint shares in the movie Jaws...he was one of those guys.

Jake was a great man.

• Like 3

Just finished this:

A late friend of mine was at Pearl Harbor and survived a sunk ship in the Pacific, replete with circling up over night to fend off the sharks. The story that Quint shares in the movie Jaws...he was one of those guys.

Jake was a great man.

I'm so sorry you lost your friend. Those sailors are legendary. My dad was in the Navy in the fifties and knew all about that ship; when we saw Jaws, I remember him telling us about those survivors.

• Like 3

Star Wars Holiday Special :facepalm:

My 13 yr old had never seen it and he talked me into it. The copy I found online even had the 70's commercials still in it which IMO was the best part

Just saw this for the first time on Rifftrax last year as well as the Nostalgia Critic review as well. I love the riffing they do on that commercial for The Wiz.

"From the director of Batman and Robin!" :rfl:

Boyz N The Hood on Starz

About to watch some Game of Thrones. I'm up to the middle of season 4. There are so many characters I forget most of their names. And even if I do remember, it's not like I can spell most of them.

That blonde dragon girl (can't spell her name either) is like candy. And I do like candy.

:blaze: