What's the Coolest Thing You've Done For Cash?

Mr. Not

Tough question, but a few come to mind pretty quickly.

-Toured Europe opening for the band Extreme.

-Shooting major fireworks displays all over the country, but specifically a show in St. Louis on barges on the Mississippi river consisting of over 27,000 shells.

-Playing drums in countless bands for 1000's of gigs.

-Working production (sound, lighting, stage mngt) for major concerts.

All my jobs in life have been very cool, I think.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first job was being a dish washer, busboy at a stripe club, I just finished high school the week before, I got to watch naked girls on stage, and cook really bad food, who eats at a strip joint, hand around the strippers, all my friends were jealous, I just wish I was in high school when I got the job, I would have had a hot prom date!, every guy should work at a strip joint at least once in their life. biggrin.gif

My first job was as a Pearl Diver. At Circus Circus in Vegas there was an area known as the Japan Pavilion. The major feature was a large pool and waterfall where one could purchase an oyster, which the ama girl would dive down and get one for you which you'd then take to the counter and have opened. I saw this and HAD to do this! I was only 15 but fudged my application by a year and spent the summer of 1974 as an ama girl. It was lots of fun but the water was warm and the oysters were dead and there wasn't enough chlorine in the water... nobody warned me about ear infections. A nasty one cut my career short. I did have a great time plus I learned how to open an oyster and to value a pearl. cool.gif