How do you feel about CA about 1 month in?

rushgoober

CA was released about a month ago. Pick the option that fits best for you. Note: If the sound quality is a big concern for you, drop your score down one or two points and specify that.  

235 members have voted

1. 1. CA was released about a month ago. Pick the option that fits best for you. Note: If the sound quality is a big concern for you, drop your score down one or two points and specify that.

• 10 - Absolute Perfection all the way through - a masterpiece - their best or right up there with their very best.
    • 9 - Excellent, not one weak track and nearly perfect. One of their very best.
    • 8 - Great album - one or two weaker tracks - a must-own.
    • 7 - Very good album - mostly very strong - well worth owning.
    • 6 - Not their best, but still pretty darn good.
    • 5 - I don't listen too often, but it's a good album.
    • 4 - It's not bad, a good bit of weaker material - pretty good.
    • 3 - It's ok - I'll listen and enjoy some tracks occasionally, but not that great overall.
    • 2 - There are a couple of good or great tracks, but overall fairly weak.
    • 1 - Barely listenable - for completists only, only one or two even halfway-decent tracks. A real dud.
    • 0 - Just really bad, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Garbage.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with an 8. I am really, really loving the album as a whole. There is only one sleeper track for me, and that's Halo Effect. I just cannot get into it. This however, is seriously some of the best *&^% that they have written in years.

And I cannot get that damn Anarchist out of my head!

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 7 2012, 08:42 AM)
Wow. Didn't realize how many people here that have such low standards in music.  Its no wonder that the music, movies and TV shows that are considered popular today are absolute rubbish.  I never thought the dumbing-down process could get any worse. 

Btw, Nothing personal to anyone, I assure. Just my personal observation.

No, of course nothing personal - why would we take it personally that you say we have low standards in music? eyesre4.gif

Another way to look at it, since you're in such an extreme minority, is that YOU'RE wrong! I know you've probably never considered the concept that you could be wrong before, but let me just say that even though it is an incredibly radical and alien concept to you, that you might want to consider it... because you ARE wrong. yes.gif wink.gif

GeminiRising79 is getting the exact experiance he wants from a messegeboard. He is a miserable guy that gains joy from disrespecting people and generally just being a dickhead for sport.

He has an agenda, and its anyones guess why trolls feel the need to do what they do.

Whatever. Sorry ass bastard he is.

QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 7 2012, 01:15 PM)
GeminiRising79 is getting the exact experiance he wants from a messegeboard. He is a miserable guy that gains joy from disrespecting people and generally just being a dickhead for sport.
He has an agenda, and its anyones guess why trolls feel the need to do what they do.

Whatever. Sorry ass bastard he is.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 7 2012, 12:34 AM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 6 2012, 06:45 AM)
QUOTE (tas7 @ Jul 6 2012, 08:09 AM)
I onlyhave little niggles like that annoying wobble board/keyboard effect in the title track. Keep thinking was that necessary?

Opposite here. I love that effect and therefore yes.gif it was necessary. wink.gif

I agree Grey...every note was necessary...whether or not it suits our tastes.

An artist never completes a project...they abandon it!!!

Luckily we will continue to see an evolution with these songs live.

trink39.gif

Sorry but the wobbly keyboard effect annoys me.Still I think this will be rock album of the year and should win awards if there is any justice.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:42 AM)
Wow. Didn't realize how many people here that have such low standards in music. Its no wonder that the music, movies and TV shows that are considered popular today are absolute rubbish. I never thought the dumbing-down process could get any worse.

You're a dickhead.

Btw, Nothing personal to you, I assure. Just my personal observation.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 8 2012, 07:53 AM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:42 AM)
Wow. Didn't realize how many people here that have such low standards in music.  Its no wonder that the music, movies and TV shows that are considered popular today are absolute rubbish.  I never thought the dumbing-down process could get any worse. 

You're a dickhead.

Btw, Nothing personal to you, I assure. Just my personal observation.

1022.gif trink39.gif

Edited by Tick

I gave it a 10! I've been listening to it almost non-stop since before it was released. I love the entire album. I've even come around to BU2B2...I don't really consider it a "song" but kind of a segue into the end of the album. It works very well in context.

I'll give it an 8. I'm a new RUSH fanatic and have constantly listened to RUSH for only one month or so. That means CA competes of my listening time with such classic albums as Moving Pictures , Permanent Waves and A Farewell to Kings. If I find time for CA besides these it can't be worse than 8. The only instant classic song is The Anarchist (The Garden comes close) but there are plenty of songs that are great and then some that still need more listening.

QUOTE (Oakhugginghippie @ Jul 8 2012, 02:20 PM)
I'll give it an 8. I'm a new RUSH fanatic and have constantly listened to RUSH for only one month or so. That means CA competes of my listening time with such classic albums as Moving Pictures , Permanent Waves and A Farewell to Kings. If I find time for CA besides these it can't be worse than 8. The only instant classic song is The Anarchist (The Garden comes close) but there are plenty of songs that are great and then some that still need more listening.

I envy you right now. How did you find the band?

I voted 10... even though Goober has obviously rigged this poll to make a 10 ridiculously hard to achieve. Absolute perfection?? Come on. How 'bout make 10 "F***in awesome" Maybe we'd get more people voting 10.

Off topic thought - Why isn't CA in the banner slideshow up at the top of the page yet?