How do you feel about CA about 1 month in?

rushgoober

CA was released about a month ago. Pick the option that fits best for you. Note: If the sound quality is a big concern for you, drop your score down one or two points and specify that.  

235 members have voted

1. 1. CA was released about a month ago. Pick the option that fits best for you. Note: If the sound quality is a big concern for you, drop your score down one or two points and specify that.

• 10 - Absolute Perfection all the way through - a masterpiece - their best or right up there with their very best.
    • 9 - Excellent, not one weak track and nearly perfect. One of their very best.
    • 8 - Great album - one or two weaker tracks - a must-own.
    • 7 - Very good album - mostly very strong - well worth owning.
    • 6 - Not their best, but still pretty darn good.
    • 5 - I don't listen too often, but it's a good album.
    • 4 - It's not bad, a good bit of weaker material - pretty good.
    • 3 - It's ok - I'll listen and enjoy some tracks occasionally, but not that great overall.
    • 2 - There are a couple of good or great tracks, but overall fairly weak.
    • 1 - Barely listenable - for completists only, only one or two even halfway-decent tracks. A real dud.
    • 0 - Just really bad, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Garbage.

QUOTE (The Body Electric @ Jul 16 2012, 05:18 PM)
Personally, I think it's up there with their very best.

I think it's beyond many people's ability to reconcile their present with their past, and so they will always look with rose-tinted specs at older material but are incapable of either realising or admitting to themselves that something current from an older band can be just as good as during the halcyon days when they (the listener) were younger and life seemed so much more full of promise, and they were generally less curmudgeonly and world weary.

I think Clockwork Angels is an album that has musical depth, power, emotion, real cohesiveness as a piece of work and shows a band that is really pushing themselves.

I also think that this is the first Rush album I have heard since Counterparts that I will always take pleasure from listening to on an ongoing basis, and it is the first since g/p that genuinely stirs my emotions when I listen to it and speaks to me in the here and now of my existence and my beliefs and experiences.

I want to sing (well, shout loudly) along with it and parts of it have already had me in tears of joy, and as far as i'm concerned, that makes me further indebted to and respectful of a band that have basically been my favourite band over my whole teenage and adult lifespan.

Rush albums used to (in the 80s at least) take a good 10 -15 listens to get properly involved with. This was like going back to the 70s (how I wish that I could live it all again) because it only took 5 to really start reaping the benefits.

I cannot wait to see them do this album next year. I may be 47 now but I will be 16 again on 22nd May 2013.

BU2B in Rush. I still very much do.

Very well said. Welcome to the Forum

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! So we've had 226 votes so far, which was probably a good 200 more than I was expecting! tongue.gif

The results are most definitively in:

77.4 % rate it from 8-10

89.3% rate it from 7-10

92.9% rate it from 6-10

7.1% rate it from 0-5

That is not bad at all for a band making their 19th album 38 years after their debut! That's as close as any band in that position will ever get to universal acceptance.

So, the results are in, and almost everyone likes it a lot or loves it. The haters can basically go suck an egg. yes.gif moon.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 17 2012, 03:53 PM)
Wow! So we've had 226 votes so far, which was probably a good 200 more than I was expecting! tongue.gif

The results are most definitively in:

77.4 % rate it from 8-10
89.3% rate it from 7-10
92.9% rate it from 6-10
7.1% rate it from 0-5

That is not bad at all for a band making their 19th album 38 years after their debut! That's as close as any band in that position will ever get to universal acceptance.

So, the results are in, and almost everyone likes it a lot or loves it. The haters can basically go suck an egg. yes.gif moon.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 16 2012, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (The Body Electric @ Jul 16 2012, 05:18 PM)
Personally, I think it's up there with their very best.

I think it's beyond many people's ability to reconcile their present with their past, and so they will always look with rose-tinted specs at older material but are incapable of either realising or admitting to themselves that something current from an older band can be just as good as during the halcyon days when they (the listener) were younger and life seemed so much more full of promise, and they were generally less curmudgeonly and world weary.

I think Clockwork Angels is an album that has musical depth, power, emotion, real cohesiveness as a piece of work and shows a band that is really pushing themselves.

I also think that this is the first Rush album I have heard since Counterparts that I will always take pleasure from listening to on an ongoing basis, and it is the first since g/p that genuinely stirs my emotions when I listen to it and speaks to me in the here and now of my existence and my beliefs and experiences.

I want to sing (well, shout loudly) along with it and parts of it have already had me in tears of joy, and as far as i'm concerned, that makes me further indebted to and respectful of a band that have basically been my favourite band over my whole teenage and adult lifespan.

Rush albums used to (in the 80s at least) take a good 10 -15 listens to get properly involved with. This was like going back to the 70s (how I wish that I could live it all again) because it only took 5 to really start reaping the benefits.

I cannot wait to see them do this album next year. I may be 47 now but I will be 16 again on 22nd May 2013.

BU2B in Rush. I still very much do.

Very well said. Welcome to the Forum

Agreed. Beautiful post.

trink39.gif