How do you feel about CA about 1 month in?

rushgoober

CA was released about a month ago. Pick the option that fits best for you. Note: If the sound quality is a big concern for you, drop your score down one or two points and specify that.  

235 members have voted

1. 1. CA was released about a month ago. Pick the option that fits best for you. Note: If the sound quality is a big concern for you, drop your score down one or two points and specify that.

• 10 - Absolute Perfection all the way through - a masterpiece - their best or right up there with their very best.
    • 9 - Excellent, not one weak track and nearly perfect. One of their very best.
    • 8 - Great album - one or two weaker tracks - a must-own.
    • 7 - Very good album - mostly very strong - well worth owning.
    • 6 - Not their best, but still pretty darn good.
    • 5 - I don't listen too often, but it's a good album.
    • 4 - It's not bad, a good bit of weaker material - pretty good.
    • 3 - It's ok - I'll listen and enjoy some tracks occasionally, but not that great overall.
    • 2 - There are a couple of good or great tracks, but overall fairly weak.
    • 1 - Barely listenable - for completists only, only one or two even halfway-decent tracks. A real dud.
    • 0 - Just really bad, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Garbage.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 5 2012, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jul 5 2012, 03:30 PM)
Shit

This drive-by shitting has been brought to you by Tony R. McPoopypants. We now continue with your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress. wink.gif

He missed "sandwich" out...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, I still think you're blowing the "negative comments" out of proportion. I think the detractors are few, the lovers of the album are many, and we should just continue to enjoy CA without worrying 'bout those few nattering nabobs of negativity. Why empower those people by giving them so much attention? Don't create another thread trying to figure them out! Just wish them well; thank your stars you're not that way, turn your back and walk away. wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 5 2012, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 5 2012, 04:04 PM)
Gary, I still think you're blowing the "negative comments" out of proportion.  I think the detractors are few, the lovers of the album are many, and we should just continue to enjoy CA without worrying 'bout those few nattering nabobs of negativity.  Why empower those people by giving them so much attention?  Don't create another thread trying to figure them out!  Just wish them well; thank your stars you're not that way, turn your back and walk away.  wink.gif

Well, regardless the results of this poll are encouraging to me. It seemed to me like the opinions towards the album were being overwhelmed by negativity, but really it's only a small group who aren't enjoying it - their loss!

yes.gif

A very small group, and they're not "overwhelming" anything.

I don't know why you've given them so much attention and free rental space in your mind. I don't even notice them. Really! Are there even any detractors here?? I'm not seeing much complaint about the album at all, but you're reacting as though negativity is all around and has taken over.

A quick look at the first page of the CA sub-forum shows only TWO threads which are negative, and one of those two threads is just a complaint about the production, not the actual songs. Where are you seeing so much negativity? Because I don't see much at all. confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 5 2012, 05:24 PM)
As of right now, I give the album a solid 8 based on my scoring system. It's maybe even an 8.5, but the description for 8 is much closer to how I feel. A really great album, and completely unexpected this late in the game! trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This is about whee I am. Actually, I think I may be solid 8.5- to call the "weak" tracks "weak" is a bit of a stretch of that term, but there are definitely tracks I like more than others.

6. It's been a 6 since release. It's got some great stuff. Wreckers, the title tracck, Anarchist, The Garden. But most is meh to ok to me. Nothing really special. 2 songs I never liked in Caravan snd BU2B. I was shocked to read this reception here. I'll be interested to see where opinions are in a year.

6 for me.

Mick

Solid 9. There isn't a bad song on there, even the weaker tracks are pretty damn good. A month in and I still wake up with a different song playing in my head. And I still listen to it at least once a day. The only thing preventing me from calling this a masterpiece is the test of time. If I still like it this much in a year I think it will settle in at number 5 on my list behind PeW, MP Hemi and 2112. And by the way, I'm no fanboi. I have greeted each release since Signals with a healthy dose of skepticism. In fact after the embarassment of RTB I was completely out and lost track of Rush. I still listened to my old collection but was completely unaware of CP-SnA until last year. Needless to say its been a great year discovering new 2.gif music and CA is the icing on the cake.

1022.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 5 2012, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (Transcendent Pilgrim @ Jul 5 2012, 07:43 PM)
In fact after the embarassment of RTB I was completely out and lost track of Rush.

it was tough being a rush fan during the 90's. eh.gif

Yea I was a 19 year metalhead when HYF came out. Definitely was disappointed by HYF-RTB. Funny thing is, I rediscovered HYF while going through a divorce many years later and it really touched me deeply, especially Open Secrets. Now HYF is a top ten for me, but while there are many songs on Presto and RTB that I have since come to really like, those are still bottom tier albums for me.

QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jul 6 2012, 12:34 PM)
6. It's been a 6 since release. It's got some great stuff. Wreckers, the title tracck, Anarchist, The Garden. But most is meh to ok to me. Nothing really special. 2 songs I never liked in Caravan snd BU2B. I was shocked to read this reception here. I'll be interested to see where opinions are in a year.

6 for me.

Mick

Yup, exactly. The reaction here is nothing short of shocking. I went for 6 as well as it happens.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 5 2012, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jul 6 2012, 12:34 PM)
6.  It's been a 6 since release.  It's got some great stuff.  Wreckers, the title tracck, Anarchist, The Garden.  But most is meh to ok to me.  Nothing really special.  2 songs I never liked in Caravan snd BU2B.  I was shocked to read this reception here.  I'll be interested to see where opinions are in a year.

6 for me.

Mick

Yup, exactly. The reaction here is nothing short of shocking. I went for 6 as well as it happens.

there are certainly a bunch of track i like but yea not a fan of caravan, bu2b, and the wreckers. 6

I went with, 9.

Who is the fool who voted 0? Come forth and admit you are a brain damaged troll with screwed up ears.

9 for me. So many of the classic Rush elements are back even in the way the boys are playing their instruments. It's probably been a couple of decades or more since the goosebump factor was prevalent and it's in full force on this record.

i think its there best work since HYF,, and i loved Counterparts and snakes and arrows...i voted an 8 overall 1022.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 5 2012, 04:16 PM)
A strong 7.

This. And, much to my surprise, it has stayed that way from the beginning.