Is the album getting any airplay?

SecondNature

I don't have Sirius/XM, but I've heard from people that do that HF has been getting some decent airplay.

Beyond that, I don't know...but do know that it has been getting ZERO regular radio airplay, at least in the Chicago area. One (of two) stations that plays any Rush at all simply refuses to play it. The DJ will say "Great new album out from Rush, coming to town in September,..." and then proceed to play Tom Sawyer or Limelight or maybe Subdivisions if they're feeling wild.

Edited by The Mighty Dudad

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jul 5 2012, 01:16 PM)
I don't have Sirius/XM, but I've heard from people that do that HF has been getting some decent airplay.

Beyonds that, I don't know...but do know that it has been getting ZERO regular radio airplay, at least in the Chicago area. One (of two) stations that plays any Rush at all simply refuses to play it. The DJ will say "Great new album out from Rush, coming to town in September,..." and then proceed to play Tom Sawyer or Limelight or maybe Subdivisions if they're feeling wild.

Sounds like most cities honestly, If I was a DJ i would just keep playing deep cuts from Rush and most likely get fired laugh.gif

Seems to me the problem with satellite radio is - where to play new music from an "old" band.

All the channels are specialized. It doesn't fit on the classic rock type channels where you might normally hear RUSH because its new music. It doesn't get played on Octane and heavy rock because they usually concentrate on new/younger bands. I did hear Headlong Flight once on Octane but just that one time.

I have sirius/xm and I'm not sure there's really a place for Rush on there. You would think there would be a station that only plays classic rock bands but there really isn't. I guess not enough demand for the kind of crowd that would have satellite radio? It costs them money to run those stations.

So anyway, I listen to satellite radio around 1.5 hours everyday during my commute to and from work and no I havent heard any of this album yet. They wont play it on the modern rock stations because of the age of the band. They dont think their listeners will care.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 6 2012, 09:56 AM)
I have sirius/xm and I'm not sure there's really a place for Rush on there. You would think there would be a station that only plays classic rock bands but there really isn't. I guess not enough demand for the kind of crowd that would have satellite radio? It costs them money to run those stations.

So anyway, I listen to satellite radio around 1.5 hours everyday during my commute to and from work and no I havent heard any of this album yet. They wont play it on the modern rock stations because of the age of the band. They dont think their listeners will care.

There are two classic rock stations I know of...Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind.

QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ Jul 6 2012, 09:37 AM)
Here in ontario all the radio stations are playing headlong flight like its the only rush song that exists.

That is awesome! Maybe it will catch on in the States.

I've heard it on the Boneyard. I think that is the same as Octane.

Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind play a lot of older Rush.

Does anybody get super excited when they hear Rush on the radio? I don't know why I do still...just like a kid.

QUOTE (theanalogmiddleagedman @ Jul 6 2012, 04:20 PM)
Does anybody get super excited when they hear Rush on the radio? I don't know why I do still...just like a kid.

Yep! bekloppt.gif

On the Boneyard, I have heard Headlong Flight several times and last week they played the title track of CA. They play a fair amount of Rush on that channel, in fact I have heard 2112 in its entirety a few times on it.

I've heard Caravan, BU2B, Clockwork Angels, Headlong Flight, and 7 Cities on the Boneyard.

I've heard Headlong Flight a couple of times on Octane.

Between Classic Rewind and the Boneyard, I've heard something from just about every Rush album played on those two stations. Sirius XM really supports Rush. 1022.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 6 2012, 08:56 AM)

Are you listening to the same XM that I am? I hear Rush on the Boneyard and Classic rewind regularly...like every day.

The Boneyard even plays stuff off of 2.gif ! I heard In The Mood played on the Boneyard just last Sunday. I've heard obscure stuff (to non Rush freaks like us) like Bytor and the Snowdog, Presto, YYZ, Vital Signs, Xanadu, and Countdown on the Boneyard.

Tom Saywer, Limelight, The Spirit Of Radio, Big Money, Sudivisions, Distant Early Warning, Closer To The Heart, and Freewill all get regular airplay on Classic Rewind.

And you couldn't be more wrong about Clockwork Angels getting airplay either...but I've gone into detail about that already.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 10 2012, 10:16 AM)

Are you listening to the same XM that I am? I hear Rush on the Boneyard and Classic rewind regularly...like every day.

The Boneyard even plays stuff off of 2.gif ! I heard In The Mood played on the Boneyard just last Sunday. I've heard obscure stuff (to non Rush freaks like us) like Bytor and the Snowdog, Presto, YYZ, Vital Signs, Xanadu, and Countdown on the Boneyard.

Tom Saywer, Limelight, The Spirit Of Radio, Big Money, Sudivisions, Distant Early Warning, Closer To The Heart, and Freewill all get regular airplay on Classic Rewind.

And you couldn't be more wrong about Clockwork Angels getting airplay either...but I've gone into detail about that already.

as usual Trenken is talking out his butt. He must listen to Octane which is mostly new crap.

I hear tons of Rush on Boneyard.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 10 2012, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 10 2012, 10:16 AM)

as usual Trenken is talking out his butt. He must listen to Octane which is mostly new crap.

I hear tons of Rush on Boneyard.

yes.gif I don't think there is another band that get's play more than Rush on the Boneyard. They get as much airplay as Ozzie, Sabath, or Iron Maiden.