Caravan is my favorite song on CA

Owen Hardy

there I said it. Damn I love CA. music and a concept so complex, so full of differing interpretations of the story line. so full of kick ass tunes as only Rush can bring it. But Caravan starts the story and kicks some major middle tooth. Since getting to know the rest of the album, which I love so much, I still keep coming back to this raucous tune. I love it so much even though it's been so familiar to us all. I can't stop thinking big...without that line there is no CA.

Great song and it for some reason is the perfect opener. Love the bassline...

Perfect opener to a phenomenal album. I won't say it's my favorite as I like BU2B better, but it's a song I never get tired of. The jam in the middle is classic Rush.

Despite what others have said, I think Alex's solo is perfect for the song. It's weird and funky like the rest of the song, and he was clearly intentionally going for that

the single version was excellent but the tweeks of the album version make it go stratospheric i luv caravan today even more than when first released

gotta say though, Bu2b still my fav off the album

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 5 2012, 10:19 AM)
Perfect opener to a phenomenal album. I won't say it's my favorite as I like BU2B better, but it's a song I never get tired of. The jam in the middle is classic Rush.

Despite what others have said, I think Alex's solo is perfect for the song. It's weird and funky like the rest of the song, and he was clearly intentionally going for that

I agree about the solo...intended weird and I like it.

I missed the TM tour (3 years of unemployment will do that). So when I finally got my hands on the Cleveland DVD and saw the live version of Caravan I was blown away (I had seen it on YT obviously but that's not the same as watching/listening through my home system). I love the rest of the album - I would even say there are better songs than Caravan on the album (define "better": it's ALL GOOD!!). Caravan will forever be the most important song on CA for me. Edited by Owen Hardy

With the pre-release, I loved both Caravan and BU2B, but I placed Caravan a little higher.

However, with the release of CA, the new mixes, mastering, and in the context of the album, I have to say I was blown away by BU2B and actually like Caravan a bit less. I still like the songs, but my overall vibe for them has changed. It all comes down to the kick drum for me - with the album release, Nick added a phase effect to Geddy's bass in the breakdown section AND the mastering really boosted the extreme bottom end - this resulted in loosing a touch of the bass drum punch. This particularly bothers me during the great breakdown section - Neil is nicely accenting with double kick pedal, but without the same punch it doesn't sound as "clean" to me. BU2B doesn't seem as impacted (perhaps without the phase effect and less busy kick pattern, it still cuts.) I just prefer the clarity of the pre-release on Caravan.

Overall a great tune, but rank somewhere in the middle of CA for me - I think BU2B, CA, The Anarchist, Wreckers, and The Garden are stellar!

I love every song on this album...they are all with merit of several types.