The I Love Clockwork Angels Thread!

rushgoober

QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Jul 4 2012, 11:10 AM)
I agree with you. At any angle, Clockwork Angels is indeed a GREAT album. I too am loving it for what it is worth. Worthy of high praise because it is a fabulous release!

well said

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clockwork Angels is truly one of the best Rush albums ever!

better than... S&A, Vapor Trails, T4E, Counterparts, RTB, COS, Rush, Fly By Night, Hold Your Fire, Power Windows.

Equal to many others. Its just flat out great!

I'm a homer, I'm a homer!!!!!!

common001.gif

atickhum.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 4 2012, 05:08 PM)
Isn't this like having a I love Madonna's Arse thread on a Madonna forum...

tongue.gif

It does make more sense however than let's say in a Bon Jovi forum for a member to say Johhny's vocals now suck, and to record themselves singing the vocals 'better' and posting them on the forum and expecting a positive reaction!

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Animate @ Jul 4 2012, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 4 2012, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 4 2012, 02:08 PM)

tongue.gif

You would think, but with some of the threads lately filled with so much horse manure, I declare this thread entirely necessarily! yes.gif 1287.gif

Yes! Say it!!!! 1287.gif

Never been on a Madonna fan site- but if the tone there were like it is here, then there would be many threads pointing out the flaws, as opposed to the attributes of her derriere.

CA is Fantastic!! Thank you 2.gif !!!! 1022.gif wub.gif

Actually, they would be discussing how her arse used to be so much sexier, offering suggestions about exercises she should be doing to make her arse more appealing, and qualifying the whole thing with "Of course, it will never get me as hard as her 1985 arse did but for an old broad it's okay."

I love Clockwork Angels a lot, and was pleasantly very surprised by an album I had little in the way of expectations for. I don't see the point in qualifying my love for this new record that I've listened to sparingly in order to savour it properly in terms of whether it's "not as good as" or "better than" records Rush did half their lives ago that I've listened to a million times, but I will say that it is far better than I thought it would be. I wasn't very moved by Caravan and BU2B though I liked their heavy edge, and I expected that the album would be filled with near-misses like those songs were for me (I love those two songs now as part of the album, go figure!). I thought that if there were three songs that I really liked, I'd be ecstatic, so I was hardly expecting an album that would totally immerse me, with only one song that I don't particularly care for (not counting BU2B2 which I think of as a link and not as a song and don't have much in the way of feelings about). I'm also quite startled and impressed by the fact that it's a full concept album that holds together, that I want to listen to as a whole piece, while also having some individual songs that work by themselves and are up there with my all-time favourites.

This album is an incredible achievement, and every time I think about it I am filled with wonder and appreciation for the incomparable entity that is 2.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 5 2012, 06:34 AM)
Clockwork Angels is truly one of the best Rush albums ever!

better than... S&A, Vapor Trails, T4E, Counterparts, RTB, COS, Rush, Fly By Night, Hold Your Fire, Power Windows.

Equal to many others. Its just flat out great!

Right On!

I remember my first full listen. Two minutes into "BU2B," I thought, "Oh! I'm going to love this album!" Think about it: up until then, I'd only heard "Caravan" and the first two minutes of "BU2B" - two songs I'd already heard two years earlier! So why the prediction now that I'd love the whole album? Answer: having those two songs in the context of the larger "concept album" made them better!

I couldn't really understand the lyrics but I was loving the music, the hard-rockingness of it all, the instrumental virtuosity. "This is fantastic!" Lots of great bass playing (something which is important to me) and lots of HARD ROCK. Yeah! I was shaking my head in disbelief over the greatness of it all.

The album was flying by, and then "The Garden" came. I wanted to cry. What a perfect ending to the story, a perfect ending to the album, and - if this is Rush's last album - a perfect ending to a career. I was left feeling grateful to these guys for all they'd given me, both for this album and also for the past thirty years.

My opinion of the album has only grown, now that I know what the lyrics are and what happens in the story. But now, the thing I like most about the album isn't the "hard-rockingness" or the "Progginess" or the bass playing or even "The Garden" per se. What I like most is: catchy choruses and strong vocal melodies are back! I'm very stoked, because they'd been missing from the last several Rush albums. Today, my favorite songs on CA are the ones with the most singable choruses, not the "hardest" songs or the songs with the most bass. But the great thing about CA is, the guys have given me these great vocal melodies and choruses AND have given me hard rock! And tears, too! CA is an awesome, full package of everything I could ever want. I'm going to be loving this album for a very long time. Sometimes it's fun to settle down with the lyric sheet in front of me, the album on headphones, and enjoy the entire story/album uninterrupted, the way I'd watch a movie.

Thanks, guys! For this album and for thirty years. If this is your last album and "The Garden" your last statement, I'd miss you but I'd be okay with it.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 5 2012, 09:32 AM)
I remember my first full listen. Two minutes into "BU2B," I thought, "Oh! I'm going to love this album!" Think about it: up until then, I'd only heard "Caravan" and the first two minutes of "BU2B" - two songs I'd already heard two years earlier! So why the prediction now that I'd love the whole album? Answer: having those two songs in the context of the larger "concept album" made them better!

I couldn't really understand the lyrics but I was loving the music, the hard-rockingness of it all, the instrumental virtuosity. "This is fantastic!" Lots of great bass playing (something which is important to me) and lots of HARD ROCK. Yeah! I was shaking my head in disbelief over the greatness of it all.

The album was flying by, and then "The Garden" came. I wanted to cry. What a perfect ending to the story, a perfect ending to the album, and - if this is Rush's last album - a perfect ending to a career. I was left feeling grateful to these guys for all they'd given me, both for this album and also for the past thirty years.

My opinion of the album has only grown, now that I know what the lyrics are and what happens in the story. But now, the thing I like most about the album isn't the "hard-rockingness" or the "Progginess" or the bass playing or even "The Garden" per se. What I like most is: catchy choruses and strong vocal melodies are back! I'm very stoked, because they'd been missing from the last several Rush albums. Today, my favorite songs on CA are the ones with the most singable choruses, not the "hardest" songs or the songs with the most bass. But the great thing about CA is, the guys have given me these great vocal melodies and choruses AND have given me hard rock! And tears, too! CA is an awesome, full package of everything I could ever want. I'm going to be loving this album for a very long time. Sometimes it's fun to settle down with the lyric sheet in front of me, the album on headphones, and enjoy the entire story/album uninterrupted, the way I'd watch a movie.

Thanks, guys! For this album and for thirty years. If this is your last album and "The Garden" your last statement, I'd miss you but I'd be okay with it.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 5 2012, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 5 2012, 09:32 AM)
I remember my first full listen.  Two minutes into "BU2B," I thought, "Oh!  I'm going to love this album!"  Think about it: up until then, I'd only heard "Caravan" and the first two minutes of "BU2B" - two songs I'd already heard two years earlier!  So why the prediction now that I'd love the whole album?  Answer: having those two songs in the context of the larger "concept album" made them better!

I couldn't really understand the lyrics but I was loving the music, the hard-rockingness of it all, the instrumental virtuosity.  "This is fantastic!"  Lots of great bass playing (something which is important to me) and lots of HARD ROCK.  Yeah!  I was shaking my head in disbelief over the greatness of it all.

The album was flying by, and then "The Garden" came.  I wanted to cry.  What a perfect ending to the story, a perfect ending to the album, and - if this is Rush's last album - a perfect ending to a career.  I was left feeling grateful to these guys for all they'd given me, both for this album and also for the past thirty years.

My opinion of the album has only grown, now that I know what the lyrics are and what happens in the story.  But now, the thing I like most about the album isn't the "hard-rockingness" or the "Progginess" or the bass playing or even "The Garden" per se.  What I like most is: catchy choruses and strong vocal melodies are back!  I'm very stoked, because they'd been missing from the last several Rush albums.  Today, my favorite songs on CA are the ones with the most singable choruses, not the "hardest" songs or the songs with the most bass.  But the great thing about CA is, the guys have given me these great vocal melodies and choruses AND have given me hard rock!  And tears, too!  CA is an awesome, full package of everything I could ever want.  I'm going to be loving this album for a very long time.  Sometimes it's fun to settle down with the lyric sheet in front of me, the album on headphones, and enjoy the entire story/album uninterrupted, the way I'd watch a movie.

Thanks, guys!  For this album and for thirty years.  If this is your last album and "The Garden" your last statement, I'd miss you but I'd be okay with it.

goodpost.gif

+1

This thread has to be No. 1 - CA is incomparable good. I must say it again: 'I love this album'!!!

tongue.gif

You would think, but with some of the threads lately filled with so much horse manure, I declare this thread entirely necessarily! yes.gif 1287.gif

Agreed! trink39.gif The haters get much more attention than they deserve, and can overwhelm the board at times. But at least they don't dominate TRF like they dominate Counterparts. facepalm.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 5 2012, 03:36 PM)

tongue.gif

Agreed! trink39.gif The haters get much more attention than they deserve, and can overwhelm the board at times. But at least they don't dominate TRF like they dominate Counterparts. facepalm.gif

I cant stand Counterparts forum. It's more a Rush bashing site than a fan forum as far as Im concerned. I dont go there anymore.

I also love Clockwork Angels...

I really enjoy the feel of 'one story' with a 12 part song evolving through the ups and downs of the character.

And of course there is the music....amazing musicianship, as if we needed to be reminded, but still....there pushing 60 yrs. old and just flat out tearing it up on there respective instruments.

It's hard to compare CA with other RUSH albums and I try not to because this music is so modern and in the now for me.

CA is a 'stand on it's own merit' album.

It's 2012.....Nearing the end of a hopefully 40 - 50 year career and RUSH has put out an intense, modern, cerebral, heavy sounding album while still keeping their unique RUSH power trio sound.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 5 2012, 02:54 PM)

tongue.gif

I cant stand Counterparts forum. It's more a Rush bashing site than a fan forum as far as Im concerned. I dont go there anymore.

AND STAY OUT!!!!

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Jul 5 2012, 07:16 PM)

tongue.gif

AND STAY OUT!!!!

Don't worry, I will. eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

AND STAY OUT!!!!

Or what? tongue.gif

Will GLADLY stay from that trash site.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jul 5 2012, 08:07 PM)
I also love Clockwork Angels...

I really enjoy the feel of 'one story' with a 12 part song evolving through the ups and downs of the character.

And of course there is the music....amazing musicianship, as if we needed to be reminded, but still....there pushing 60 yrs. old and just flat out tearing it up on there respective instruments.

It's hard to compare CA with other RUSH albums and I try not to because this music is so modern and in the now for me.

CA is a 'stand on it's own merit' album.

It's 2012.....Nearing the end of a hopefully 40 - 50 year career and RUSH has put out an intense, modern, cerebral, heavy sounding album while still keeping their unique RUSH power trio sound.

yes.gif

And isn't it glorious?

2.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 5 2012, 06:57 PM)

tongue.gif

AND STAY OUT!!!!

Don't worry, I will. eyesre4.gif

Well thank f*ck!

Wank on...

Wow, I am logging back in...to get my Clockwork Angels out!!

THIS ALBUM IS UNREAL. CAPS. UH HUH.

Ya, ya ya, old RUSH...pffft...

ALL RUSH.

And this has become the epitome of all RUSH for me.

After S+A, I said I could be satisfied if...

But NO!!!

RUSH answers back with an almighty record that seemingly declares abjection to any previous release and gives us fans, ohhhh, gives us fans a truly remarkable release which, in my opinion, characterizes EVERY prior release.

Thank you RUSH...press play/replay CA...

2.gif cheer.gif boarder.gif bolt.gif atickhum.gif bacon.gif pizza.gif