Know Why I Love WTW?

spock

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 28 2012, 09:40 PM)
Oh it's a solo, and one of Alex's best on the album. Anyway Wish them Well is probably the most important Song in the Context of the Concept. Here is where Owen Hardy choose to turn the other cheek, forgive those who have wronged him and move on with his life. Its a much deeper song than the music portrays.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Sounds like Owen needs to grow a sack. 1287.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 28 2012, 04:07 PM)
Perhaps I should post some guitar solos for you guys to enjoy.

Alex breaking from his wall of sound and kind of playing something different for a couple bars is far from a guitar solo. At best, its a mutual jam. Its ok. Its the only part of the song that I like. But its hardly a guitar solo.

Just cause he plays chords during the latter part doesn't negate it as a solo.

wink.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 28 2012, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 28 2012, 09:40 PM)
Oh it's a solo, and one of Alex's best on the album. Anyway Wish them Well is probably the most important Song in the Context of the Concept. Here is where Owen Hardy choose to turn the other cheek, forgive those who have wronged him and move on with his life. Its a much deeper song than the music portrays.

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Sounds like Owen needs to grow a sack. 1287.gif

Didn't they steal his sack during The Wreckers?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 28 2012, 10:40 PM)

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

goodpost.gif

It is a very deep song. I do, however, think the music does portray the depth of the song regarding the narrative.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Jul 28 2012, 10:27 PM)
I'm not debating something that is clearly a fact.

So you are admitting defeat?

Be consoled. There is no shame in this for you.

I AM POUND OF OBSCURE!!!!!!! ROOOAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note. I see I've been increased in rank to Superconductor.

That song irritates the crap out of me. How long will this last?

On another side note. Has everyone noticed that this years summer games are rated XXX?

Now I've been watching intently since the first minute and have yet to see even one naked athlete. There was one chick with long legs, not much in the way of clothes and fruit in her hair from some country I've not heard of. But she just waived to the crowd and walked by. Nothing.

Phelps has a look on his face like he has been Sandusky'd but no pics.

False advertising.

One of my favorites on the album but sadly I don't believe they'll play it live since it's been reported that it gave them trouble when it was being written. It had to be re-written once IIRC. Sincerely hope I am wrong. Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (spock @ Jul 3 2012, 09:21 PM)
I've always loved smart lyrics and most Rush songs have more than one "layer" - some universal truth - you know what I mean.

I think I love Wish Them Well because it takes me right back to Something for Nothing and Anthem. Simple ROCK with a straightforward point.

The lyrics are, as always, solid. However, I gave CA another spin this morning. I have to say that musically this is my least favorite real song (BU2B2 not counting as such) on the album. I can't say why, and it's not a bad song per se. The others are just better.