What ever happened to the possibility

glennb2112

I have numerous items i would like to sell and or trade. I remember months ago the idea of a subforum was thrown around and had some positive feedback...so mods any chance we could see this in the near future??

i am always looking to make a few $$$ to help with rush "tour costs".

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Jul 1 2012, 01:03 PM)
I have numerous items i would like to sell and or trade. I remember months ago the idea of a subforum was thrown around and had some positive feedback...so mods any chance we could see this in the near future??

Would be nice to do some trades of stuff Im looking for like some RUSH golf balls.

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Jul 1 2012, 03:03 PM)

I like this idea a lot. As a programmer, I CAN, could, create a website whereby users can trade and or sell their RUSH related items. Naturally, I as the site creator, would like to profit off of each transaction. Would you be interested in a new site like this or not? If you are, what would you expect the "new" site to do and what fees would you tolerate?

QUOTE (noisorroCmrotS @ Jul 2 2012, 04:51 PM)
I like this idea a lot. As a programmer, I CAN, could, create a website whereby users can trade and or sell their RUSH related items. Naturally, I as the site creator, would like to profit off of each transaction. Would you be interested in a new site like this or not? If you are, what would you expect the "new" site to do and what fees would you tolerate?

Yeah. Thanks but no thanks. I can upload a template to some webspace as well and don't feel the need to charge anyone anything for it. A subforum here is all that's required anyway and I'm sure the admins can do that if they feel it's a good idea for absolutely nothing.

QUOTE (Smegger68 @ Jul 2 2012, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (noisorroCmrotS @ Jul 2 2012, 04:51 PM)

Yeah. Thanks but no thanks. I can upload a template to some webspace as well and don't feel the need to charge anyone anything for it. A subforum here is all that's required anyway and I'm sure the admins can do that if they feel it's a good idea for absolutely nothing.

ok but can you elaborate on what you mean a template? To my knowledge there is no "template" that is pre-programmed to give multiple users the ability to "sell" their stuff.

QUOTE (noisorroCmrotS @ Jul 2 2012, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Jul 1 2012, 03:03 PM)
I have numerous items i would like to sell and or trade.  I remember months ago the idea of a subforum was thrown around and had some positive feedback...so mods any chance we could see this in the near future??

WOW!!!!!!!

I think that would be a good thing. I'm very interested in buying, selling, trading Rush items. It also would be a lot of fun seeing collections of other people.

1001001 thanks for considering. Though I dont post much I am an active member in the rush community and I appreciate what you have done to make this forum a success.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 3 2012, 09:43 AM)
As for the subforum idea, we've always been hesitant to add a section where items are bought/sold/traded and money is exchanged, because that's when bad things happen, and we didn't want to be in the middle of it.

If we do something, maybe we start off with just a pinned thread? We mods are kicking the idea around.

Another reason we were always hesitant to start such a section is, we don't want people joining the board just to sell stuff. That WOULD happen, and that's not what we're about. Something else for us to think about.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 3 2012, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 3 2012, 09:43 AM)
As for the subforum idea, we've always been hesitant to add a section where items are bought/sold/traded and money is exchanged, because that's when bad things happen, and we didn't want to be in the middle of it.

If we do something, maybe we start off with just a pinned thread? We mods are kicking the idea around.

Another reason we were always hesitant to start such a section is, we don't want people joining the board just to sell stuff. That WOULD happen, and that's not what we're about. Something else for us to think about.

I would think a bit of hesitancy would be the quarrels that may occur if the seller/buyer have a dispute, and we all know somebody, somewhere will not be happy with their deal. Then everyone would expect the mods to step in, to settle a dispute they knew nothing about.

I don't know a way around this, unfortunately, and I'm sure 1001 doesn't want to play referee tongue.gif

edited: totally just my 2 cents ^^^

Edited by nobodys hero

I spend (waste? hehe) plenty of time on eBay searching for cool Rush items to add to the collection. I'm always interested in other options though.

A hi-fi board I belong to doesn't allow member to trade until they have 100 posts. This prevents people from joining just to trade items. A simple disclaimer stating Caveat Emptor will remove any need for mods here to get involved in disputes. There is a locked feedback thread so people can post their experiences of trading with members,. This quickly builds up and then a quick search allows for a simple method of finding out if people are trustworthy. In this way, trading between members has been almost trouble free for 7 years now. And this is for much higher value items.

when I become savy enough I will post photos of my collection. i have photos on my myspace page ohmy.gif if anyone is interested in looking.

glennb2112 is my member name.

Another option is to allow established (the mods/admins can define that based on post count/time on board) members to post links to an ebay listing in a specified thread. That way the selling is happening elsewhere but we still have a way to communicate the posting.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 5 2012, 05:58 PM)
Another option is to allow established (the mods/admins can define that based on post count/time on board) members to post links to an ebay listing in a specified thread. That way the selling is happening elsewhere but we still have a way to communicate the posting.

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jul 1 2012, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Jul 1 2012, 01:03 PM)
I have numerous items i would like to sell and or trade.  I remember months ago the idea of a subforum was thrown around and had some positive feedback...so mods any chance we could see this in the near future??

Would be nice to do some trades of stuff Im looking for like some RUSH golf balls.

i have those golf balls you are looking for. PM me.

QUOTE (Smegger68 @ Jul 4 2012, 07:31 AM)
A hi-fi board I belong to doesn't allow member to trade until they have 100 posts. This prevents people from joining just to trade items. A simple disclaimer stating Caveat Emptor will remove any need for mods here to get involved in disputes. There is a locked feedback thread so people can post their experiences of trading with members,. This quickly builds up and then a quick search allows for a simple method of finding out if people are trustworthy. In this way, trading between members has been almost trouble free for 7 years now. And this is for much higher value items.

Is it the Hoffman forum? You can also leave feedback detailing your experiences.

I'd welcome a thread here too as I'm looking to cull my collection a little bit although I still have this habit of adding more than I subtract.

Not much of an Ebay guy myself. Too expensive and too many "custom" items for my taste.