RUSH ALBUM SALES

pony2112

QUOTE (BigBob @ Jul 9 2012, 06:18 PM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_discography This is the best I could find

This is about the best info you'll find online about it. For some reason exact album sales numbers are hard to come by. Which is surprising considering how much info there is on the internet today. You can also go to the RIAA web site where they have a searchable database that will tell you on what dates each album was certified gold or platinum. But if an album isn't certified anything, you can't find exact numbers. You must have to be part of the music buisness in some way to find that out.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 10 2012, 05:42 AM)
No U.S. gold albums after T4E? Guess that's an indicator of the music business in the internet age...

net boy, net girl / illegal downloading 'round the world...

ph34r.gif

yes.gif

The time they've taken between albums since then doesn't help either. Still, every studio and live release from their first album all the way up to T4E went gold or platinum. Not too many bands can say they had that good of a sales run for over 20 years straight like that.

QUOTE (pony2112 @ Jul 9 2012, 06:43 PM)
Thanks BigBob! Can't believe some of those earlier albums haven't gone Platinum yet. I was hoping to get a more exact number per album....There was someone that had that info at one time, that posted on here.

If you were around in the eighties trying to find RUSH and FLY and Steel was a freaking nightmare,When I went to Nashville ,Memphis I found them on cassette in a $3 bin in a Gas Station When I had the first three I was a true RUSH fan in Grade 10.....CD was another story of a pain in the ass to find them.......

QUOTE (H82LUZ @ Jul 10 2012, 03:03 PM)
Thanks BigBob! Can't believe some of those earlier albums haven't gone Platinum yet. I was hoping to get a more exact number per album....There was someone that had that info at one time, that posted on here.

If you were around in the eighties trying to find RUSH and FLY and Steel was a freaking nightmare,When I went to Nashville ,Memphis I found them on cassette in a $3 bin in a Gas Station When I had the first three I was a true RUSH fan in Grade 10.....CD was another story of a pain in the ass to find them.......

Are you sure it was not because you were living in Bumphuck, Ontario confused13.gif

I was very lucky, starting with the 1st album, got each one as they were released. I used to listen to the San Antonio station KMAC/KISS everyday. Rush thanks that station on the liner notes in ATWAS. Thanks to everyone for the info!

QUOTE (pony2112 @ Jun 30 2012, 04:09 PM)
Does anyone know of a site, that shows current sales of all of their albums?

My site!

Rush album sales

As for googling, this is showing up on page 1 smile.gif

Working hard to keep it updated and make it more accurate. Help me do that if you can.

Edited by bensommer

QUOTE (bensommer @ Sep 16 2012, 08:32 PM)

My site!

Rush album sales

Working hard to keep it updated and make it more accurate. Help me do that if you can.

How in the world has Fly By Night sold more copies than Permanent Waves?! Bizarre...

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Sep 16 2012, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (bensommer @ Sep 16 2012, 08:32 PM)

My site!

Rush album sales

How in the world has Fly By Night sold more copies than Permanent Waves?! Bizarre...

My guess is that FBN has been out longer. It's had a few extra years to rack up sales over Permanent Waves.

I didn't have a hard time finding the older albums in the '80s, I remember finding the 3 record set of Archives in a record store new for $15. Really wish I wouldn't have traded that in for CDs...