Songs from CA to NOT be played live.

UltimoGuitarist

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only see Wish Them Well and BU2B2 not being played live, if they decide not to do the album in full. Wish Them Well is catchy and decent, but it seems like from interviews that the band isn't crazy about it. BU2B2 is obvious though. Neat to have on the album, but the guys will probably think it's not needed (that is if they don't play the album in full.)

Everything else they'll probably like to sink their teeth into and play live. Regardless, we know they want to play as much as they can from this album. We'll see.

Edited by GUP1771

Even though 7 Cities is upbeat and would certainly translate live much better than songs like HE, Garden, but with the highs in it, even though they arent THAT high, are at the top of his current range, I can definitely picture that sounding like a disaster. He struggles to hit notes lower than that on a nightly basis during a tour.

If they skip it, it wouldnt surprise me if that was why.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2012, 09:41 PM)
Even though 7 Cities is upbeat and would certainly translate live much better than songs like HE, Garden, but with the highs in it, even though they arent THAT high, are at the top of his current range, I can definitely picture that sounding like a disaster. He struggles to hit notes lower than that on a nightly basis during a tour.

You kill me, you could not even carry Ged's throat lozenges.Yet you have the punk ass arrogance to crtique his singing?, Get a grip, and don't quit your day job. Geeeesh

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 29 2012, 10:01 PM)
Even though 7 Cities is upbeat and would certainly translate live much better than songs like HE, Garden, but with the highs in it, even though they arent THAT high, are at the top of his current range, I can definitely picture that sounding like a disaster.  He struggles to hit notes lower than that on a nightly basis during a tour.

You kill me, you could not even carry Ged's throat lozenges.Yet you have the punk ass arrogance to crtique his singing?, Get a grip, and don't quit your day job. Geeeesh

Oh and by the way, your lame attempt at immatating Ged, was an EPIC FAIL..

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 29 2012, 06:55 PM)
I think Seven Cities Of Gold has a 50/50 shot of getting played. Geddy hits some pretty high notes on that song and it all depends on weather he's able to pull that off on a nightly basis or not. If it isn't played, I wouldn't be surprised.

The same will apply to Headlong Flight. Not gonna be an easy one to pull of on a nightly basis. Hopefully there will be more youtube videos of on than off nights.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 29 2012, 10:01 PM)
Even though 7 Cities is upbeat and would certainly translate live much better than songs like HE, Garden, but with the highs in it, even though they arent THAT high, are at the top of his current range, I can definitely picture that sounding like a disaster.  He struggles to hit notes lower than that on a nightly basis during a tour.

I'm not understanding what's so bad about Trenken's post. A lot of truth to it.

f**k all of CA live. Play Signals. The entire album. They did MP last tour. Why not. It would be quite the crowd pleaser. What rush fan given a choice wouldn't choose signals over CA. How about power windows. Oh wait. They can't perform that album live. They are over 45 years of age.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 29 2012, 05:09 PM)
I don't really need to hear Caravan/BU2B again, but they'll probably play them

My guess is they won't play 7COG, WTW, BU2B, HE

Please stop reducing Rush songs/albums to acronyms. 7COG?!?!?!

BU2B2 - This would only work if they played the whole thing in order, which I really hope they won't

Caravan/BU2B - I think they will be dropping at least one of them because of the last tour

Songs I think will ABSOLUTELY be in the set:

Headlong Flight - How can they not? It's their brand new single that has gotten a TON of air time. People will be annoyed if they don't.

Halo Effect or The Garden - Neil needs a break after his solo, these are perfect for it

Wish them well - This just has setlist closer written all over it

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 30 2012, 01:30 PM)
I don't care what they play or don't play. I'd be happy if they picked any 3 songs from the album at random.

no.gif

Carefully choose! yes.gif