Margaritas

Guest Xourque

Guest Xourque

Last weekend, I tried some Jose Cuervo Margaritas.

I purchased a bottle of Jose Cuervo Tequilla (gold color), and some Strawberry Jose Cuervo Margarita mix.

I was not impressed. In fact, it was kinda nasty.

So, I want to try again next weekend, however I want to do it right.

What is the best tequilla for Margaritas?

What is the best Margarita mix?

Any tips for their assembly?

THANKS! trink39.gif

Jose Cuervo is what i always stick with, but thats just me,

But i do have a yummy way to make ur next frozen Margaritas

few hours b4 makin em cut up chunks of cantelop,strawberries,mango...any fresh fruit u enjoy...place the chunks on a cookie sheet an put em in the freezer for few hours till they froze...

then when ur makin ur drinks in the blender add the chunks with NO ice..the frozen fruit takes the place of the ice cubes and ur drink wont get watered down like from the ice once it gets to meltin a lil as ur drinkin it drool1.gif

: My fav is.. Cantelop Margarita's with 4Bing cherries throw in the blender with it yes.gif drool1.gif

Guest Xourque

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jun 29 2005, 01:50 PM)
Jose Cuervo is what i always stick with, but thats just me,
few hours b4 makin em cut up chunks of cantelop,strawberries,mango...any fresh fruit u enjoy...place the chunks on a cookie sheet an put em in the freezer for few hours till they froze...
then when ur makin ur drinks in the blender add the chunks with NO ice..the frozen fruit takes the place of the ice cubes and ur drink wont get watered down like from the ice once it gets to meltin a lil as ur drinkin it drool1.gif
: My fav is.. Cantelop Margarita's with 4Bing cherries throw in the blender with it yes.gif drool1.gif

Dear god, I tried your suggestion and it was great!

I got my girl friend's mother intoxicated with them. That is something in which one is never supposed to witness. Especially not from that mother. Good times!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Xourque @ Jun 29 2005, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jun 29 2005, 01:50 PM)
Jose Cuervo  is what i always stick with, but thats just me,
then when ur makin ur drinks in the blender add the chunks with NO ice..the frozen fruit takes the place of the ice cubes and ur drink wont get watered down like from the ice once it gets to meltin a lil as ur drinkin it  drool1.gif
: My fav is.. Cantelop Margarita's with 4Bing cherries throw in the blender with it  yes.gif  drool1.gif

Dear god, I tried your suggestion and it was great!

I got my girl friend's mother intoxicated with them. That is something in which one is never supposed to witness. Especially not from that mother. Good times!

trink39.gif

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I told ya they were Yummmay!

they go down sooo smooth and easy...ur toast b4 u even know it laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xourque @ Jun 13 2005, 07:31 PM)
I purchased a bottle of Jose Cuervo Tequilla (gold color), and some Strawberry Jose Cuervo Margarita mix.

THANKS!  trink39.gif

I have a tip for you. Tequilla is the most sneaky, evil, unforgiving alcohol ever created. Do not trust her, even for one second. She will lure you in with her taste and feelings of good will. She will make you crave her more and more as the night progresses. You will realize that you probably should stop while your ahead, but you don't. She taunts you, calling you back to fill your glass hour after hour. Before you know it you will be naked, crawling across the floor in front of all 50 guests at the party. Then when she realizes she has you in her grasp, she will turn on you, sending you into a world of disarray and confusion not matched by anything in the known universe. Then she will make you very very ill. If you only 062802puke_prv.gif for 3 hours at the end of the night you will be lucky. Then the betrayal begins.

You will awaken the next day feeling disoriented, left wondering what you may or may not have done ( a faint sense of unexplained guilt will linger in the back of your mind). You will then be taken to a whole new level of being hung over that you have never experienced before, lasting for days. Then her betrayal will be complete the next time you go to drink her. You slowly become painfully aware that even the faintest scent of tequilla will send you into the most head spinning, memory induced nausea ever known to you in your entire life.

Tequilla should be renamed to "Takillya". I think it's Mexico's way of paying us back for treating them like the step child you ignore, and keep locked in the closet.

Don't ever trust the tequilla!!!!

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Aug 18 2005, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Xourque @ Jun 13 2005, 07:31 PM)

THANKS!  trink39.gif

I have a tip for you. Tequilla is the most sneaky, evil, unforgiving alcohol ever created. Do not trust her, even for one second. She will lure you in with her taste and feelings of good will. She will make you crave her more and more as the night progresses. You will realize that you probably should stop while your ahead, but you don't. She taunts you, calling you back to fill your glass hour after hour. Before you know it you will be naked, crawling across the floor in front of all 50 guests at the party. Then when she realizes she has you in her grasp, she will turn on you, sending you into a world of disarray and confusion not matched by anything in the known universe. Then she will make you very very ill. If you only 062802puke_prv.gif for 3 hours at the end of the night you will be lucky. Then the betrayal begins.

You will awaken the next day feeling disoriented, left wondering what you may or may not have done ( a faint sense of unexplained guilt will linger in the back of your mind). You will then be taken to a whole new level of being hung over that you have never experienced before, lasting for days. Then her betrayal will be complete the next time you go to drink her. You slowly become painfully aware that even the faintest scent of tequilla will send you into the most head spinning, memory induced nausea ever known to you in your entire life.

Tequilla should be renamed to "Takillya". I think it's Mexico's way of paying us back for treating them like the step child you ignore, and keep locked in the closet.

Don't ever trust the tequilla!!!!

Tequilla is the best booze in the world !!!!!

I love tequila...you do have to pay attention when you are drinking it though laugh.gif

Tequila is the best! I usually drink my tequila straight also but every so often I enjoy a good margarita on the rocks. I love Patron, Don Eduardo, Don Julio and Sauza Tres Generacions. Lately I prefer the silver tequilas for straight shots but if I'm making a margarita, the gold ones seem to give it a better flavor. Sauza Hornitos, Cointreau and a little Gran Marnier with a good lime margarita mix makes a great margarita! yes.gif

QUOTE (bardan @ Aug 18 2005, 10:53 PM)
Tequila is the best! I usually drink my tequila straight also but every so often I enjoy a good margarita on the rocks. I love Patron, Don Eduardo, Don Julio and Sauza Tres Generacions. Lately I prefer the silver tequilas for straight shots but if I'm making a margarita, the gold ones seem to give it a better flavor. Sauza Hornitos, Cointreau and a little Gran Marnier with a good lime margarita mix makes a great margarita! yes.gif

BARDAN!!! Hi there. Good to see you!

~GG

QUOTE (bardan @ Aug 19 2005, 01:40 AM)
Wonderful to see you too GG! smile.gif

I don't make it here very often but I'm trying change that.

Excellent! That's what we like to hear. Come often!

smile.gif