Clockwork Angels, a true concept album

Jmo2112

After listening many times and reading interviews with the boys I have concluded that this is really the ultimate concept album by Rush. While 2112 and Hemispheres are great albums they lack the genuine cohesiveness and maturity that Clockwork Angels has in spades. This makes sense considering Rush have had 30+ years for this one to percolate. Isn't it phenomenal that they are not only more relevant than ever but charting at #2 with a *concept album*?! Edited by Jmo2112

I was just telling someone the story arc of CA is like a direct combination of The Fountain of Lamneth and 2112. A man who wants to see and explore the world, which is run by higher authorties who can be real dicks, and different things happen to him along the way.

QUOTE (jnoble @ Jun 27 2012, 08:25 PM)
I was just telling someone the story arc of CA is like a direct combination of The Fountain of Lamneth and 2112. A man who wants to see and explore the world, which is run by higher authorties who can be real dicks, and different things happen to him along the way.

I can see that. yes.gif

I guess I never saw Hemispheres or 2112 as concept records...just the one side. So, I will say that CA is definitely more of one.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jun 29 2012, 09:58 AM)
I guess I never saw Hemispheres or 2112 as concept records...just the one side. So, I will say that CA is definitely more of one.

yes.gif

Last night I listen to CA on headphones with lyrics and singalong... is way better than it seems. Best lyrics EVER for a Rush album, and emotion to extremes... CA is incredibly good.