Clockwork Angel rehearsels

On Geddy's side, in a two level riser. They'll need to be close to the side of the stage so they can sneak off when they're not needed on songs.

None of this behind the band, or in front of the band stuff. They're not taking a full orchestra like Sting did. Just 6-8 people.

Look up live videos of the band 'Trans-Siberian Orchestra'. You'll see what I mean.

And actually, the more I read about this show and production, it sounds like they're taking more from TSO. Guess Howard likes what he sees when he see their shows every year, and wants to borrow from their ideas.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 28 2012, 09:22 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 28 2012, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jun 27 2012, 08:09 PM)
I would say that IF they bring an orchestra they would likely be seated between Alex and Neil to balance out all of the machinery around Ged like the keys and stage props. Hopefully they will sit in the audience without instruments or mics.

There is no IF. They actually are touring with an Orchestra.

If it happens it happens but things happen sometimes where what was said was going to happen doesn't actually happen. wacko.gif

I remember waaaaaaay back when Lifeson said they're planning and really wanting to make 5 or 6 videos for the Signals album. How many did they make for that album eventually? Just sayin' old.gif

Exactly. Lerxst tends to speak from his ass rather than his brain when making announcements. During the last tour Alex said they were going to play Jacob's ladder. Lerxst also said the Clockwork Angels epic would only be about 5 songs long and the rest would be misc tracks that had nothing to do with it. Take anything he says with a massive grain of salt.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 2 2012, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 28 2012, 09:22 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 28 2012, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jun 27 2012, 08:09 PM)
I would say that IF they bring an orchestra they would likely be seated between Alex and Neil to balance out all of the machinery around Ged like the keys and stage props. Hopefully they will sit in the audience without instruments or mics.

There is no IF. They actually are touring with an Orchestra.

If it happens it happens but things happen sometimes where what was said was going to happen doesn't actually happen. wacko.gif

I remember waaaaaaay back when Lifeson said they're planning and really wanting to make 5 or 6 videos for the Signals album. How many did they make for that album eventually? Just sayin' old.gif

Exactly. Lerxst tends to speak from his ass rather than his brain when making announcements. During the last tour Alex said they were going to play Jacob's ladder. Lerxst also said the Clockwork Angels epic would only be about 5 songs long and the rest would be misc tracks that had nothing to do with it. Take anything he says with a massive grain of salt.

if you notice in old video interviews he is mum...doesn't say a whole lot. Now we now why. Look up the old Le Studio PeW interview. It's cool though, he is a stream of conscience kind of talker...whatever that means!

cool10.gif

I think some strings would be cool. That may help explain all the venues that are ampitheatres ... they have the "orchestra pit" already built in. I think some of the GUP songs would be cool with an orchestra.

QUOTE (Aikenrooster @ Jul 11 2012, 06:14 PM)
I think some strings would be cool. That may help explain all the venues that are ampitheatres ... they have the "orchestra pit" already built in. I think some of the GUP songs would be cool with an orchestra.

It will be odd to see the band "share" the stage with anybody. I'm really excited about what they will play. CA songs aside, I'm thinking they have to play losing it with strings. Manhattan Project. But really, I want them to surprise me with something really cool, outdside the box thinking. If they did some kind of symphonic rendition of 2112, or perhaps Jacobs Ladder...man, i can't wait for this tour. Charlotte and Atlanta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trink39.gif

They will shrink the orchestra musicians and line them up around Alex's pedal board - replacing the barbies.

It's only way to make them all fit!

QUOTE (spock @ Jul 12 2012, 01:59 PM)
They will shrink the orchestra musicians and line them up around Alex's pedal board - replacing the barbies.

It's only way to make them all fit!

Good one spock...hadn't thought about that one. A logical conclusion I might add.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 12 2012, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (Aikenrooster @ Jul 11 2012, 06:14 PM)
I think some strings would be cool.  That may help explain all the venues that are ampitheatres  ... they have the "orchestra pit" already built in.  I think some of the GUP songs would be cool with an orchestra.

It will be odd to see the band "share" the stage with anybody. I'm really excited about what they will play. CA songs aside, I'm thinking they have to play losing it with strings. Manhattan Project. But really, I want them to surprise me with something really cool, outdside the box thinking. If they did some kind of symphonic rendition of 2112, or perhaps Jacobs Ladder...man, i can't wait for this tour. Charlotte and Atlanta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trink39.gif

Envy here. That's such a short wait for you. Think of us over here - May 22nd 2013!!! It's hard.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 27 2012, 01:30 PM)
How is the orchestra going to be seated? on the sides...in front?

Seated?

Bitches need to stand perfectly still for 3 hours.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Aikenrooster @ Jul 11 2012, 03:14 PM)

I think the only logical place for them to be, is on a riser behind Geddy.

It's a 8-10 players. Not a full orchestra.

I don't think they will be hidden, or split up or in a pit as some have suggested.

I for one am not at all upset about the strings. I think it's a cool addition if done correctly. And I have no doubt my favorite band will do just that.

I don't think it will be overdone. They will obviously use them on the CA songs with strings and maybe 3-4 older tunes that would benefit from have that additional sound.

I don't think any of the "classics" are going to be ruined with strings.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 19 2012, 07:51 AM)
I read on the forum that tour rehearsals start on the 23rd of July...does anybody here have a confirmation of that?

2.gif
1022.gif
trink39.gif

i guess this means they have a very good idea of what the setlist is going to be or maybe they are going to see how certain songs feel.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jul 19 2012, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 19 2012, 07:51 AM)
I read on the forum that tour rehearsals start on the 23rd of July...does anybody here have a confirmation of that?

Already under way.

C'mon man throw us a bone. Don't make me write another fake news story. Anything...just a morsel of information. I know your close to the action. PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 19 2012, 04:51 AM)

2.gif
1022.gif
trink39.gif

I heard they are in pre-rehearsal right now. But they start actual rehearsals on July 23rd.

I'm guessing that's with the full crew etc.

I still maintain that Neil will be on a Higher Riser than usual as will Geddy And Alex and the String Section will be in the Center right infront of Neil in a pit. RUSH are classy guys and they don't need to hide a string section, on the contrary I think they'll do everything possible to show them off.

yes.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 19 2012, 08:13 AM)
I still maintain that Neil will be on a Higher Riser than usual as will Geddy And Alex and the String Section will be in the Center right infront of Neil in a pit. RUSH are classy guys and they don't need to hide a string section, on the contrary I think they'll do everything possible to show them off.

yes.gif

no.gif

You can't put a string section right in front of Neil's drums.

Or, as some have suggested.... in front of Alex's amps.

They would not even hear their own instruments.

The only thing that makes sense is behind Geddy (where his fake amps would be)...since he has no amps, and his bass goes thru the mains.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jul 19 2012, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 19 2012, 08:13 AM)

yes.gif

no.gif

You can't put a string section right in front of Neil's drums.

Or, as some have suggested.... in front of Alex's amps.

They would not even hear their own instruments.

The only thing that makes sense is behind Geddy (where his fake amps would be)...since he has no amps, and his bass goes thru the mains.

what will the orchestra wear? That is something I've been thinking about. Will they be in tuxedos and dress? Red Jump suits? It's gonna be weird...they gotta be in "steampunk" garb right? what makes sense?