What's with all the Clockwork Angels hate?

rushgoober

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rushgoober6/crazy-pills.jpg

So this must be what people feel like when I've put down VT, because honestly, I'm not fathoming why people are hating on this really amazing new album Rush just put out. I know it's still early on in the game, but it's surpassed my expectations by such a wide margin that I wouldn't have thought it possible.

This album really has a ridiculous level of depth to it. I was hoping against hope for 2 or 3 great songs, and it's got more like 8 or 9 or 10, and a few of those are some real classics! The only song I really don't dig is BU2B2, and that's only 90 seconds! Seriously, a band at this age making music THIS good is virtually unheard of, especially considering their track record for the past 25 years has not been without its low points.

Anyway, I've been hesitant to express quite this level of enthusiasm before, as I know it takes a good 6 months to a year for an album to really sink in, and it's possible my opinion of the album could still drop over time as it did with S&A to an extent, but some of the recent hate has seriously puzzled me, and I had to write about it.

Surely some of those who aren't liking CA will be commenting in this thread, and just know that that in my mind, and in many others' minds, that you are SERIOUSLY missing out. I feel sorry for you, because this is a great, great latter day Rush album. yes.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, its the best album since the early 80's! I knew that 2 weeks into listening to the Downloads and once the CD came out and the sound improved. I knew we had something special, As for the hate? Maybe its written in the dead sea scrolls that the world will end when the three kings return with incredible offerings of Angels.

Fear I think its fear of the End of Days!

yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 26 2012, 08:10 PM)

So this must be what people feel like when I've put down VT, because honestly, I'm not fathoming why people are hating on this really amazing new album Rush just put out. I know it's still early on in the game, but it's surpassed my expectations by such a wide margin that I wouldn't have thought it possible.

This album really has a ridiculous level of depth to it. I was hoping against hope for 2 or 3 great songs, and it's got more like 8 or 9 or 10, and a few of those are some real classics! The only song I really don't dig is BU2B2, and that's only 90 seconds! Seriously, a band at this age making music THIS good is virtually unheard of, especially considering their track record for the past 25 years has not been without its low points.

Anyway, I've been hesitant to express quite this level of enthusiasm before, as I know it takes a good 6 months to a year for an album to really sink in, and it's possible my opinion of the album could still drop over time as it did with S&A to an extent, but some of the recent hate has seriously puzzled me, and I had to write about it.

Surely some of those who aren't liking CA will be commenting in this thread, and just know that that in my mind, and in many others' minds, that you are SERIOUSLY missing out. I feel sorry for you, because this is a great, great latter day Rush album. yes.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif

different strokes for different folks. someone else's enthusiasm for a song or album isn't going to make me like certain songs that i don't care for. i don't feel like i'm "missing out", because if you don't like certain songs or an an album there's plenty of other music out there to enjoy. i'm liking some of it but certainly not all of it.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 26 2012, 06:17 PM)
I don't see a lot of hate. It's the same few predictable posters going through the motions basically.

True... I guess I'm surprised to see any hate for it as it seems so obviously stellar to me, and because most people do sincerely seem to love it.

I'm honestly surprised you like it, since it more closely resembles VT in style and energy than it does the horrid S&A.

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 26 2012, 06:22 PM)

So this must be what people feel like when I've put down VT, because honestly, I'm not fathoming why people are hating on this really amazing new album Rush just put out.  I know it's still early on in the game, but it's surpassed my expectations by such a wide margin that I wouldn't have thought it possible.

This album really has a ridiculous level of depth to it.  I was hoping against hope for 2 or 3 great songs, and it's got more like 8 or 9 or 10, and a few of those are some real classics!  The only song I really don't dig is BU2B2, and that's only 90 seconds!  Seriously, a band at this age making music THIS good is virtually unheard of, especially considering their track record for the past 25 years has not been without its low points.

Surely some of those who aren't liking CA will be commenting in this thread, and just know that that in my mind,  and in many others' minds, that you are SERIOUSLY missing out.  I feel sorry for you, because this is a great, great latter day Rush album. yes.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif

I'm honestly surprised you like it, since it more closely resembles VT in style and energy than it does the horrid S&A.

I don't think it really sounds like either of them. As I said in another recent thread, I hear touches of other albums in CA from time to time, but mostly it sounds pretty fresh and unique to my ears.

Anyway, all I can do is judge the songs for what they are, regardless of whether any song has any kind of stylistic similarities with any other album, and from sitting here, I think most all of these songs are pretty great! yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 26 2012, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 26 2012, 06:17 PM)
I don't see a lot of hate. It's the same few predictable posters going through the motions basically.

True... I guess I'm surprised to see any hate for it as it seems so obviously stellar to me, and because most people do sincerely seem to love it.

Gary you're just taken a back because you were pessimistic towards it at first and have become aware of its potential and brilliance. Its like a double Rainbow!

Really it is!

653.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 26 2012, 08:22 PM)

So this must be what people feel like when I've put down VT, because honestly, I'm not fathoming why people are hating on this really amazing new album Rush just put out.  I know it's still early on in the game, but it's surpassed my expectations by such a wide margin that I wouldn't have thought it possible.

This album really has a ridiculous level of depth to it.  I was hoping against hope for 2 or 3 great songs, and it's got more like 8 or 9 or 10, and a few of those are some real classics!  The only song I really don't dig is BU2B2, and that's only 90 seconds!  Seriously, a band at this age making music THIS good is virtually unheard of, especially considering their track record for the past 25 years has not been without its low points.

Surely some of those who aren't liking CA will be commenting in this thread, and just know that that in my mind,  and in many others' minds, that you are SERIOUSLY missing out.  I feel sorry for you, because this is a great, great latter day Rush album. yes.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif

S & A is far from Horrid? An album with 8-9 good tracks is far from Horrid!

no.gif

QUOTE (t2s @ Jun 26 2012, 08:36 PM)
As much as I enjoyed like.. half of S&A, this album only has 4 songs that I can bring myself to listen to, the rest either seem boring or uninspired

Well that's no reason to hate it? Just dislike it and be done. Why do people just plain out hate it and wish it were never created? Why? Oh lord Why?

Help a sinner out, Why?

fists crying.gif

I suspect the people who don't like it feel sickened by all the positive response, and feel the need to be all the more vocal to provide a counterpoint. I also suspect some folks feel the need to go against anything that is popular, even if it is only popular on this board.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 26 2012, 08:46 PM)
It's the usual kneejerk backlash to good news. People clamor to be the "first on their block" to say it didn't live up the hype. This only applies to EVERY album.

I think you're on to something!

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 26 2012, 07:22 PM)

this...

goodpost.gif

now ya know how I feel arguing with you about VT buddy...HA

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 26 2012, 08:03 PM)

now ya know how I feel arguing with you about VT buddy...HA

this album is the closest sounding album to VT by far, IMO.....

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 26 2012, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (t2s @ Jun 26 2012, 08:36 PM)
As much as I enjoyed like.. half of S&A, this album only has 4 songs that I can bring myself to listen to, the rest either seem boring or uninspired

Well that's no reason to hate it? Just dislike it and be done. Why do people just plain out hate it and wish it were never created? Why? Oh lord Why?

Help a sinner out, Why?

fists crying.gif

I think S&A is a damn good album! The only song that I don't really like on it is Faithless. IMO S&A ranks right up there with Signals, GUP and Power Windows. My favorite Rush albums are their first eight studio albums. Right now I still can't decide if I like CA or S&A better. They are pretty close. The only Rush album that I really do not like is TFE.