Can Geddy not pronounce words anymore?

CantStopThinkingBig

Personally, I think he likes singing like that. I think he can still sing pretty much anything from Moving Pictures on pretty closely to the way he sang them on the albums. He wasn't really singing like that on the songs from Moving Pictures for the last tour. He sang them pretty closely to the way he sang them on the album. I think that for songs like Presto and some of the other later songs from their catalog he changes the singing style purposely to the way he thinks they should have been sung in the first place. Edited by snowdogged

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 26 2012, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 26 2012, 07:27 PM)
Lately he's singing like he's got a mouth full of cotton. At first I thought he was only doing this on live performances, but he's doing it all over CA. Parts of Carnies come to mind... but it's in just about every song. Maybe they really do need to start sticking to instrumentals...

I can't hear you... In fact, YOUR voice seems muffled for some reason.

http://winnietoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/asshole.jpg

Seriously? Listen to him sing "A deadly confrontation"

How can you not hear it?

Lately he's singing like he's got a mouth full of cotton. At first I thought he was only doing this on live performances, but he's doing it all over CA. Parts of Carnies come to mind... but it's in just about every song. Maybe they really do need to start sticking to instrumentals...

facepalm.gif I guess the fanboys are out in full force tonight

It's just sad that people say these things.............I mean don't we all hear his voice and notice stuff? But still these are our brothers, we look up to them. We love them. Yeah, we wish we could deny they are growing old even as we ourselves are but that's not how it is........"Between how it is and how it ought to be"(sorry, had to throw that in.).........these guys are human, and not perfect..................again it's sad people start unnecessary threads just to 'enlighten' us or is it to show how dark and shallow they are?

QUOTE (jc4gd @ Jun 26 2012, 09:35 PM)
It's just sad that people say these things.............I mean don't we all hear his voice and notice stuff? But still these are our brothers, we look up to them. We love them. Yeah, we wish we could deny they are growing old even as we ourselves are but that's not how it is........"Between how it is and how it ought to be"(sorry, had to throw that in.).........these guys are human, and not perfect..................again it's sad people start unnecessary threads just to 'enlighten' us or is it to show how dark and shallow they are?

laugh.gif

Can't coverup reality with blinders due to adoration

I hope you're kidding... I love Rush's music, but Geddy is not my brother and I don't "love him". In fact I've never met him, and I'm guessing you haven't either.

QUOTE (jc4gd @ Jun 26 2012, 07:35 PM)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 26 2012, 09:45 PM)

I hope you're kidding... I love Rush's music, but Geddy is not my brother and I don't "love him". In fact I've never met him, and I'm guessing you haven't either.

I wish Geddy was my brother. I could use a loan right now. 1287.gif

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 26 2012, 07:37 PM)

laugh.gif

.........another with no concept of age and change and reality.........lost in Xanadu? Send me your cover of the CA or any Rush songs with better singing...........otherwise who's blind?

QUOTE (t2s @ Jun 26 2012, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (jc4gd @ Jun 26 2012, 07:35 PM)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Let's not go too hard on the guy. He'll never come back here.

QUOTE (jc4gd @ Jun 26 2012, 09:51 PM)

laugh.gif

.........another with no concept of age and change and reality.........lost in Xanadu? Send me your cover of the CA or any Rush songs with better singing...........otherwise who's blind?

Great argument... because I cannot sing the song as well as him, I am unable to hear slurred speech. Bravo!

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jun 26 2012, 07:47 PM)

.........no he's not...nor have I met him..........but when you listen to him for 30 or so years, it sure feels like he is.

laugh.gif

Sorry, I was wrong, FIRE AWAY! 1287.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 26 2012, 07:53 PM)

laugh.gif

Great argument... because I cannot sing the song as well as him, I am unable to hear slurred speech. Bravo!

...............yeah that's because you're talking/singing out your ass.

Edited by jc4gd

QUOTE (jc4gd @ Jun 26 2012, 09:55 PM)

.........no he's not...nor have I met him..........but when you listen to him for 30 or so years, it sure feels like he is.

You take this way too seriously! The guys from Rush are just guys. They seem like pretty good guys but we all show our age at some point and if anyone is in the spotlight, well can't we just be honest and speak the truth? They are hitting sixty and still putting out some damn good music!

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jun 26 2012, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (jc4gd @ Jun 26 2012, 09:55 PM)

You take this way too seriously! The guys from Rush are just guys. They seem like pretty good guys but we all show our age at some point and if anyone is in the spotlight, well can't we just be honest and speak the truth? They are hitting sixty and still putting out some damn good music!

Damn right they are!

Edited by jc4gd

Age and vocal degradation.

/topic

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 26 2012, 07:38 PM)
Amongst the classic bands, Geddy is one of the easiest vocalists to understand what he is saying. It might be different for other people, but I was always able to hear what he is saying after a few times listening. I'm not having much of a problem with Clockwork Angels.

No he isn't. Jon Anderson is.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 26 2012, 10:31 PM)
Amongst the classic bands, Geddy is one of the easiest vocalists to understand what he is saying. It might be different for other people, but I was always able to hear what he is saying after a few times listening. I'm not having much of a problem with Clockwork Angels.

He did say "Geddy is one of the easiest vocalists to understand.". Not that he was the easiest to understand.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jun 26 2012, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 26 2012, 10:31 PM)

He did say "Geddy is one of the easiest vocalists to understand.". Not that he was the easiest to understand.

Nope, Jon Anderson is all of them unsure.gif

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 26 2012, 09:24 PM)

facepalm.gif I guess the fanboys are out in full force tonight

Yes, fans outnumber the little dweebs who didn't get enough attention from mommy so they troll around the interwebs trying to start shit.

The interwebs, where you can anonymously mouth off and never worry about losing some teeth. (your type couldn't get away with that in High School)

Geddy sings the way he aways sang. RUSH fans dig it.

If u listen to Snakes and Arrows live,, i thought he sounded awesome on Mission which is pretty high on his vocal range,, When i saw them on the Last tour he nailed Closer to The Heart,, i only noticed he struggled maybe a little on Limelight,, overall his voice is there,

No he does not sound as Clear as he did on Show of Hands,, but did u see Paul Mcartney a few weeks back on TV,, what the hell happened to him??? Even Steven Tyler,,Axle Rose is losing his voice,,

Heck i just bought the New Linkin Park CD and and the lead singers voice seems to be softening,,

Its age