Have you cooled on CA yet?

zappafrank

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not cooled on it at all. I listen to it once or twice a day. I always have one of the songs stuck in my head. I'm listening to Seven Cities of Gold as I type and that song ROCKS!!!! 1022.gif

This is easily in my top 7 albums and may crack the top five.

I love this album more with every listen. Its a really fun time now that you know all the changes, lyrics and melodies. I keep discovering new little hidden parts all the time. Its like knowing you've on the Gold, you have to dig deeper now.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jun 27 2012, 05:15 AM)
Well, the tunes are starting to settle into their "roles" for me. Now I have a pretty good idea of which ones are going to be favorites of mine for the long haul, which ones have fantastic parts that I'll always be excited to hear, which ones I'll be perfectly fine with listening to whenever the album is on, and which ones I won't really care about hearing from this point forward. At first, everything was new and exciting or at least seemed worthy of being given a chance, but now I have a clearer view of how the track list truly breaks down for me. I still love the record and still believe it compares very favorably with many of Rush's previous efforts, so in those respects, I haven't cooled on it at all.

goodpost.gif

Could not have said it better myself. I'm also not listening to over and over and over again, which would be a sure-fire way to burn out on it.

Not even a little. If anything, I'm more excited now than I was when I first heard it. Like others, I wake with songs in my head, and find myself singing them during the day.

I had one or two that I was not connecting with as much as others, but after conversations with like minded folk, I got their take and started to listen anew.

This album rocks, this album rolls, this album has exquisitely touched my soul. I'm in wub.gif

If you listen to Anything to much you will get sick of it. The first week i listened to CA atleast 50 times , i took a break and now listen 2 x a day

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 02:18 PM)
If you listen to Anything to much you will get sick of it. The first week i listened to CA atleast 50 times , i took a break and now listen 2 x a day

I doubt I've ever listened to one album 50 times in a week...that would probably ruin it (although does this count in the car too?)

unsure.gif

Good...glad to see you are down to just two times a day...whew!!! We were getting worried there. Do your kids listen? I have two boys 7 and one turning four. they love caravan and seven cities!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 27 2012, 02:20 PM)

I doubt I've ever listened to one album 50 times in a week...that would probably ruin it (although does this count in the car too?)

unsure.gif

yes.gif About half was in my truck

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 02:22 PM)

unsure.gif

Well that might negate the overplay factor a bit...

cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 27 2012, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 02:22 PM)

unsure.gif

Well that might negate the overplay factor a bit...

cool.gif

Ya think ? cool10.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 27 2012, 02:21 PM)

Good...glad to see you are down to just two times a day...whew!!! We were getting worried there. Do your kids listen? I have two boys 7 and one turning four. they love caravan and seven cities!

trink39.gif

My kids are little but love music, i tell them it's Rush and they are like "Can i have a cookie ?" My son plays drums so i always put Neil and other Drummers on you-tube for him to watch . The girls are getting into the drums as well , my garage is very loud 1022.gif

Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 02:33 PM)

trink39.gif

My kids are little but love music, i tell them it's Rush and they are like "Can i have a cookie ?" My son plays drums so i always put Neil and other Drummers on you-tube for him to watch . The girls are getting into the drums as well , my garage is very loud 1022.gif

a hard rocking partridge family. 1022.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 27 2012, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 02:33 PM)

trink39.gif

a hard rocking partridge family. 1022.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif That is what my wife says all the time , we just need a yellow bus

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 26 2012, 05:23 PM)
I'm pacing myself with it, but I'm still loving it and listening to it regularly. It's rare that I put anything else on. That will pass of course, but I'm enjoying that for now! Best album by them in a long, long time. yes.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This covers it for me as well. 653.gif

I thought I was burned out on it, after listening to it for 2 weeks straight, so I stopped. Literally after one day of not listening to it I had to go back. This album is like crack.

Now I am at the point where I AM burned out on listening to the whole album, but I HAVE to have it mixed in my Rush playlist (set on random). This way I get a song from it once in a while and I am learning to appreciate the songs standing alone from the rest of the album. But yes, I do find myself scrolling through my playlist until a CA song comes up quite often now.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 26 2012, 07:14 PM)
I cranked it for the first time in my Truck today, and I really noticed how bad the production is. Especially the mixing.....at a loud volume it certainly doesn't sound too good. It's an very good system too....

Agree, the mixing is terrible. I can't believe I'm saying this but wish they would have let Chycki have a stab at it.

Ive stopped listening to it . I know I will get flammed but its the truth. I maybe listened to it three times since I bought it . I guess its time to move on . Its been a hell of a run these years with RUSH and I will never love a band more . But these last series of works suck . goodbye . I'm not coming back to this forum nor will I go see them in concert. or buy this suck ass derivative crap they are punishing us with . I know Rush is better then this . it is obvious they want to retire but the fans wont let them . I may not know much in life but one thing I know is good music . and this is not good music . I was willing to give Rush a pass on VT because of Neils heartache . and Feedback was probably a stop gap between serious albums but then SnA came out . I sat there and read all the posts about how MalNar was on par with YYZ when basically Alex is playing a A chord throughout the whole mess. When me and my friend first listened to SnA we sat there looking like someone just stole our favorite music cds . When Caravan came out I felt a twing of excitement but I kept my head on a even keel being let down before . and I was right . Its time for Rush to retire . you all may now burn me in effigy. Thanks for all the fish.

QUOTE (patjnev @ Jun 27 2012, 04:31 PM)
Ive stopped listening to it . I know I will get flammed but its the truth. I maybe listened to it three times since I bought it . I guess its time to move on . Its been a hell of a run these years with RUSH and I will never love a band more . But these last series of works suck . goodbye . I'm not coming back to this forum nor will I go see them in concert. or buy this suck ass derivative crap they are punishing us with . I know Rush is better then this . it is obvious they want to retire but the fans wont let them . I may not know much in life but one thing I know is good music . and this is not good music . I was willing to give Rush a pass on VT because of Neils heartache . and Feedback was probably a stop gap between serious albums but then SnA came out . I sat there and read all the posts about how MalNar was on par with YYZ when basically Alex is playing a A chord throughout the whole mess. When me and my friend first listened to SnA we sat there looking like someone just stole our favorite music cds . When Caravan came out I felt a twing of excitement but I kept my head on a even keel being let down before . and I was right . Its time for Rush to retire . you all may now burn me in effigy. Thanks for all the fish.

Oh well.....

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 26 2012, 07:23 PM)
I'm pacing myself with it, but I'm still loving it and listening to it regularly. It's rare that I put anything else on. That will pass of course, but I'm enjoying that for now! Best album by them in a long, long time. yes.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

yes.gif

I try to put other stuff on, but then I go right back to CA. It's that good.

yes.gif

QUOTE (patjnev @ Jun 27 2012, 04:31 PM)

I applaud you for your honesty. I'm not ready to burn you in effigy (especially since I don't know you), but I seriously disagree with you about CA. I don't like Vapor Trails at all. I listened to Feedback ONCE, and only once, and will probably never listen to it again. I got burned out on S&A pretty quickly and haven't really listened to it much since the first couple of weeks...

but CA is a totally different story altogether. They have hit a grand slam home run with this one, IMO.