String Ensembles

Mr. Not

Hi.

So, you probably have heard of "The Vitamin String Quartet", a group from nearby here, San Francisco, who cover a myriad amount of albums by various artists. I was wondering if there's more modern groups such as this I should know: with the exception that they don't cover songs but make their own smile.gif

Preferably something beautifully upbeat similar to this:

I prefer this instead of another typical one which goes for that hit and miss "epic" thing I'm not so into. But any contributions are thanked.

Note:

I do know of

and
and it is NOT what I'm looking for (though they do kick ass. just, no thanks on the whole electronic thing) Edited by Ovningskora

So I'm way late to this but just across this other string quartet doing Losing It, which lead me to Vitamin String.

So I'm way late to this but just across this other string quartet doing Losing It, which lead me to Vitamin String.

Vitamin did a whole bunch of band tributes. Have no idea if they still do.

The only Vitamin releases I have is a Dream Theater tribute which I listen to sometimes and is OK and four Rush tributes.

The best of the four is the Exit...Stage Right album.

I love that one and listen it quite a bit but they've also done a baroque tribute, a piano tribute, and a string quartet tribute of 2112 (Those have their moments too, but it largely depends on the song.)

The Royal Philharmonic tribute (not a vitamin release) I also enjoy quite a bit as well.

Depending on how they songs arranged they can be very good and sometimes not so good.

• Like 1

I love stuff like this. There’s those android lullabies or something I forget what it’s called exactly but I remember there was a Radiohead song that I really liked. That wasn’t a string Quartet, it was just a totally different instrumental arrangement, there’s a bunch of them .

I just got a Coldplay vitamin out of the library .

• Like 1

I love stuff like this. There’s those android lullabies or something I forget what it’s called exactly but I remember there was a Radiohead song that I really liked. That wasn’t a string Quartet, it was just a totally different instrumental arrangement, there’s a bunch of them .

I just got a Coldplay vitamin out of the library .

There's one of the Rush lullabies too from Rockabyebaby records and it's much better than I expected to be. Don't have any others so I don't know what they are like..

• Like 1