Which songs will they shelve from CA?

PennSt8r

I think they'll scrap Wish Them Well since the band have as much as admitted they're not nuts about it. It gave them a lot of trouble.

BU2B2 isn't really necessary to tell the story in concert.

Seven Cities of Gold - much as I'd love to hear it, I think repeat performances would be murder on Geddy's vocal cords.

To the poster above who thinks The Garden will be shelved - if the band are going to the effort of bringing a string section on tour, you can damn sure bet The Garden will be on the setlist. And even though I'll be sobbing openly, I'm glad of that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (subdivisor @ Jun 26 2012, 07:25 AM)
CA songs that will NOT be played live this tour:
The Garden
BU2B2
Halo Efect
SCOG... 2.gif

I think a major reason they are bringing strings out on the tour is because they want to play The Garden live...I think that's gonna be a definite.

Honestly, I think the only songs they won't play will be BU2B2 and Wish Them Well. I say Wish Them Well because Neil doesn't like that song and we've heard that they had trouble with that particular song. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent song, but I bet they'd want to play other stuff live before it.

Without a doubt, they'll definitely be playing:

- Caravan

- BU2B

- Clockwork Angels

- The Anarchist

- The Wreckers

- Headlong Flight

- The Garden

Edited by GUP1771

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 07:18 PM)
Aye...sort of, though it was written by Bob Seger (I'm hearing that in Phil Lynott's voice ohmy.gif )...

I like Thin Lizzy better than Bob Seger though tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 26 2012, 05:06 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 07:18 PM)
Aye...sort of, though it was written by Bob Seger (I'm hearing that in Phil Lynott's voice  ohmy.gif )...

I like Thin Lizzy better than Bob Seger though tongue.gif

Thin Lizzy rocks! yes.gif

I have no special information on this but my guess is that they play something like 9 of the 12 songs. No BU2B2. No Wish Them Well. And then one from the following group gets left out initially (BU2B, Carnies, Halo Effect). I think Caravan, Clockwork Angels, Anarchist, Seven Cities of Gold, Headlong Flight & The Garden are a given.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 26 2012, 06:05 PM)
Seven Cities of Gold - much as I'd love to hear it, I think repeat performances would be murder on Geddy's vocal cords.

This may be why we wont get Carnies either.

Wish Them Well I cannot see being played live. The Garden might not make the cut either. BU2B2 as well.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 27 2012, 12:43 AM)

Then why do they insist on playing "Free Will"? They do it anyway even though that song pushes his vocals to the limit.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Jun 26 2012, 09:48 PM)
Wish Them Well I cannot see being played live. The Garden might not make the cut either. BU2B2 as well.

I see The Garden as a song they will definitely play.

And, they are probably most looking forward to playing it live. At least Alex and Geddy.

In fact, I would go out on limb and say that The Garden may be the initial reason they are using a mini orchestra this tour in the first place. At the very least, it probably ignited the conversation.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 27 2012, 08:54 AM)

Then why do they insist on playing "Free Will"? They do it anyway even though that song pushes his vocals to the limit.

i think it's time to shelve freewill.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 27 2012, 07:54 AM)

It's just the one vocal part after the solo on that one. Maybe that isnt as bad as some of the others?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 27 2012, 11:19 AM)

That and Spirit of the Radio

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 27 2012, 11:15 AM)

They'll play TSOR

I wish they would just play the whole damn thing - However, per Alex's comments, if they had to scrap anything I would suggest:

Bu2B2 - unnecessary if not playing the whole thing

Wish Them Well - my least favorite from the disc; However, Ged raves about how this finally turned out in the fan pack interview...

Halo Effect - love this song, but I don't need it live. However, since they are bringing strings on the road, they just might play it

Seven Cities of Gold - good solid tune, just not among my tops for the disc

------------------------------------

My biggest fear - they alternate songs like Anarchist and Carnies. I hope they don't do that, but I wouldn't put it past them. The worst part is they'd probably do that so they could play Presto (again) or worse yet: Stick It Out (again) Meh....

Just play the whole f***ing thing!!!

QUOTE (cygnify @ Jun 29 2012, 03:24 PM)
I wish they would just play the whole damn thing - However, per Alex's comments, if they had to scrap anything I would suggest:

Bu2B2 - unnecessary if not playing the whole thing

Wish Them Well - my least favorite from the disc; However, Ged raves about how this finally turned out in the fan pack interview...

Halo Effect - love this song, but I don't need it live. However, since they are bringing strings on the road, they just might play it

Seven Cities of Gold - good solid tune, just not among my tops for the disc

------------------------------------

My biggest fear - they alternate songs like Anarchist and Carnies. I hope they don't do that, but I wouldn't put it past them. The worst part is they'd probably do that so they could play Presto (again) or worse yet: Stick It Out (again) Meh....

Just play the whole f***ing thing!!!

pLAY THEM ALL DAMMIT!!!!

Is there any Clock Work Angel topic among the 800 " Songs from CA YOU hope they will shelve"

I just don't dig Seven Cities Of Gold, (at this time... subject to change at a moments notice.) tongue.gif

Really i do think it's possible that 7 Cities might be the one to get excluded have some high notes in there might be tough for Geddy to do every other night. confused13.gif

Agreed.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 27 2012, 08:28 PM)

They'll play TSOR

Yeah I don't ever see that leaving their setlist.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jul 2 2012, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 27 2012, 08:28 PM)

They'll play TSOR

Yeah I don't ever see that leaving their setlist.

I'd be pissed if they dropped TSOR.

I'll also be pissed if they don't play all of CA. If they had to pick 1 song not to play, it had better be 7 Cities.

HF and The Wreckers are definitely in, considering that The Wreckers will likely be the next single. CA, Anarchist, Halo Effect and The Garden will also be played considering the orchestra thing. Caravan and BU2B are both probably in because they are still new songs, but they are very familiar to most fans.

This leaves Carnies, 7 Cities and BU2B2/Wish Them Well.

I think that WTW will stay because it's pretty damn catchy and it fits the current trend of self empowerment/anti-bullying lyrics in popular music (I also think it may be a single next year).

I just like Carnies more than 7 Cities so I hope they play it instead. Otherwise it's a toss up between those two.

JUST PLAY THE WHOLE ALBUM! fists crying.gif

I could've sworn I just read that The Wreckers sounds like ... a pop song? I'll be honest, I'm going to pretend I didn't see that, because that's an incredibly well-written piece...

Anyways, both Big Al and Ged have stated at least on two separate occasions that they will be playing MOST (not all) of the record. To me, that doesn't leave a whole lot of room to interpret what songs will be played and which ones will be omitted, regardless of how anyone dictates what Geddy is best-suited-for, vocally. From what I've gathered thus far, I'd expect no less than two-thirds of the record to be performed.

PS - @Kelly, I agree with you about The Garden. I know that my pockets will be lined with Kleenex, and not simply because it's likely to be a chilly evening this coming November.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 26 2012, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 26 2012, 10:58 AM)
I think BU2B2 and Wish Them Well will be dropped. Maybe Halo Effect.

I hope the first two will be! I love everything else (though I'll be weeping like a colicky infant during "The Garden") wub.gif

I think They will drop Hallo Effect only 1022.gif and... yeah... will cry on "The Garden" as well.

Are You working on the airport ? (Sorry for off topic question)

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 26 2012, 07:05 PM)
I think they'll scrap Wish Them Well since the band have as much as admitted they're not nuts about it. It gave them a lot of trouble.

Somehow the fact that it was hard to write has been twisted into them not liking how it turned out. Geddy said in the fan pack magazines that it's one of his favorites from the album.