wearing shirts of the band you're seeing?

beherit

I've only been to three concerts (don't laugh at me, I haven't had my driver's license very long).

Wore a Rush shirt to the Rush show, a King Crimson shirt to the Dream Theater show, and just a plain shirt with nothing on it to the Beach Boys show. In the future, I plan on wearing a shirt that dedicated fans of the band will like, but the common listener will not. Unless it's a Rush show, then a Rush shirt is a must.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metallithrax @ Jun 28 2012, 01:49 PM)
Usually for me it's whatever I put on that morning. Could be a plain t-shirt or a band one. Last year I wore a Slayer shirt to Rush - why? it's what I put on that morning to go to work.

And yes, I wore the same shirt I worked in to the show.

I have worn all sorts of shirts, to all sorts of shows.

What kind of job do you have that would allow you to wear a Slayer shirt? ohmy.gif

Out of curiousity, why do people wear tshirts bearing some other band's name - say the band you're seeing is Queensryche and your tshirt is Iron Maiden?

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 2 2012, 04:51 PM)
Out of curiousity, why do people wear tshirts bearing some other band's name - say the band you're seeing is Queensryche and your tshirt is Iron Maiden?

I'm on my way out to see Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper tonight and I'm wearing my Beach Boys T Shirt from the show I saw last wednesday.

Sometimes it might be because you don't have a shirt of the band you're seeing. I'm perfectly fine if someone wears the shirt of another band to a show if that's the case. But if you have a perfectly good Iron Maiden shirt hanging in your closet, why on earth would you not wear it when you see them play? To me it just doesn't make sense, if you have a shirt of the band you're going to see then that is the perfect time to wear it.

I remember that scene from PCU where Jeremy Piven's character says "don't be that guy". While I think the movie is alright, it's certainly not good enough to convince me to follow that rule.

No real reason and honestly it didn't start out as an intentional thing for me, but it's just the way it's ended up. I use it now as an opportunity to adverstise another band. I mean, at a Maiden show there are no shortage of Maiden shirts, but I don't see too many Porcupine Tree shirts. And I tell ya, I get LOTS of people comment on it when I do that. I wear Rush to PT and some PT fan points and says, "Yeah, Rush!!!" and at Maiden I wear PT and fans go, "I love Porcupine Tree!!". Wear Maiden to PT and those fans react positively. I wear Maiden to Maiden and NO ONE cares because 8 out of 10 people are wearing something similar.

So it's cool that way.

My allegiance to the band I'm seeing is evident in the ticket I bought to see them, no matter what I wear.

Edited by Presto-digitation

My wife wore a Baroness shirt to Maiden and a guy in front of us in line laughed to his friend and said "look, what are the odds of two Baroness shirts in a row at Maiden?" The guy turned around and he was also wearing a Baroness shirt. We laugh, then he pointed to me and said "and there's the only Skeletonwitch shirt at the show." biggrin.gif

I don't have any personal rule, I just wear whatever's clean that I pick up first. You definitely feel outnumbered while wearing another band's shirt at Maiden though. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 3 2012, 10:18 AM)
We laugh, then he pointed to me and said "and there's the only Skeletonwitch shirt at the show." biggrin.gif

Does Skeletonwitch have SHIRTS now with the new album artwork on them? When I saw them last winter they didn't have any new shirts yet. I was heartbroken, love the design and love the new album.

http://www.webofmetal.com/images/products/forever-abomination-skeletonwitch/forever-abomination-skeletonwitch.jpg

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 3 2012, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 3 2012, 10:18 AM)
We laugh, then he pointed to me and said "and there's the only Skeletonwitch shirt at the show." biggrin.gif

Does Skeletonwitch have SHIRTS now with the new album artwork on them? When I saw them last winter they didn't have any new shirts yet. I was heartbroken, love the design and love the new album.

http://www.webofmetal.com/images/products/forever-abomination-skeletonwitch/forever-abomination-skeletonwitch.jpg

Yeah, I've seen a few people with the album cover shirt. Their shirt artwork rules!

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 29 2012, 12:32 AM)
QUOTE (metallithrax @ Jun 28 2012, 01:49 PM)
Usually for me it's whatever I put on that morning.  Could be a plain t-shirt or a band one.  Last year I wore a Slayer shirt to Rush - why?  it's what I put on that morning to go to work.

And yes, I wore the same shirt I worked in to the show.

I have worn all sorts of shirts, to all sorts of shows.

What kind of job do you have that would allow you to wear a Slayer shirt? ohmy.gif

I'm a supervisor at a Microfilming/Document Scanning Bureau. We wear whatever we like really. For me it's always jeans and t-shirt - would be shorts in hot weather, but they draw the line at that for us supervisors.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jul 3 2012, 08:56 PM)
I wear Rush to see Rush. I've worn a tshirt of the same band I'm seeing to other concerts as well, but Rush is a must. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Thank you - my point exactly..! If you see Rush, you wear a Rush shirt, if you see Iron Maiden - an Iron Maiden shirt. Support the band you're seeing! smile.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif