Anyone worried about the strings??

Im not concerned about it all all. I think it will actually be powerful to see an orchestra with them . I don`t think it takes away from them whatsoever. Rush is smart....they will work it well. Put a little trust in your musical hero`s that they know exactly what they are doing . I am so looking forward to it. I haven`t decided when or where i am going but i guarentee i will be happy when all is said and done.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to My Favorite Headache yesterday and there are a lot of tunes that would sound great with strings. The title track, Perfekt, Still, and Slipping. I would love to hear Grace to Grace live even though it isn't a Rush song.

Actually some very comforting responses! Haven't been to a concert yet so that's why I was a little worried. Most of you seem confident that they will be able to pull it off as they have been pulling off the greatest live acts for decades (at least that's what I hear). Not as worried as before. They'll definitely kick ass!

1022.gif

QUOTE (AddictedRushian @ Jun 25 2012, 10:24 AM)
I paid for 2 tickets to see Rush this October. To hear they're going to bring a mini orchestra is incredible! I think this is a superb idea! I know there is a poll on where they should be placed during the concerts but I am still worried about them playing too much. I know Rush will do a great job in making sure they don't get overshadowed by the strings but I'm still a little iffy about bringing other musicians to play with them on their tour... I kind of feel like I just want to see Ged, Alex and Neil and those 3 only...

PS. This is my first post in this forum! smile.gif

The guitars Alex plays have strings.

Some have twelve strings.

I'm guessing there will be 3 or 4 songs they play with the strings (probably one after the other) and then they will gracefully fade away. (or maybe they will blow them up!) ohmy.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 10 2012, 07:51 PM)
the fact that they're bringing an orchestra into the mix, i'm worried that they might overuse them.  sad.gif

Argh! Alex said it's not an orchestra, it's an 8-10 piece string section! banghead.gif

My guess it that they'll play most of CA in the second set (10 songs?), and that the strings will primarily be used for this.

Other than this, I think they'll be used sparingly elsewhere, maybe on songs like Marathon, Manhattan Project, something off HYF?

I hope they do throw us a couple of curveballs. How about a version of Jacob's Ladder with strings? That would be EPIC! 1022.gif

People -please. Everyone needs to friggin' relax. Strings or not, it's going to be a 2.gif concert. They know what they're doing, and it's going to be fine... cool.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Jul 14 2012, 10:04 AM)
Hello AddictedRushian and Welcome. bekloppt.gif

Which location are you going to in October to see RUSH ?

2.gif

Im going on October 14th to the ACC in Toronto! Can't wait!

I know it's not going to happen but, how cool would it be if they had only a string quartet and they played the part of the angels in the show. Rising out of the light rig somehow to be "on high?"

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 15 2012, 01:44 PM)
all i know is with the strings added to the show, i'm definitely looking at the setlist.

Does this mean that you'll consider not attending if there are too many songs with strings?

Or that you'll be taking one of your famous bathroom breaks during all the songs with strings?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 16 2012, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 15 2012, 01:44 PM)
all i know is with the strings added to the show, i'm definitely looking at the setlist.

Does this mean that you'll consider not attending if there are too many songs with strings?

Or that you'll be taking one of your famous bathroom breaks during all the songs with strings?

confused13.gif

i have a ticket that was bought for me already but i just want to know beforehand if they are going to be adding strings to songs other than the ones on ca. take for example neils big band part of the drum solo. i like big band music on occasion but i don't like big band music in neils solo.