cool RUSH story

Yefa

Yesterday I was at the Coolidge Corner Theatre in Brookline, MA to volunteer at a charity event called Can't Stop The Serenity. More info on this charity is linked below in case you'd like to check it out.

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com

I wore my Time Machine tour tshirt to the event. A fellow volunteer and I were doing something in the lobby as folks were filing in for the movie. A staff member from the Coolidge comes up to me and compliments me on the shirt. I thank him. He then tells me that his friend and former coworker who used to live there but now is in Chicago happens to run RushCon (!) and could he take a photo of my shirt to send to her? I say sure thing and ask if she's on TRF. He says it's very likely the case. He told me her first name but I am blanking on it now.

Another guy also complimented me on the shirt and we talked a bit about 2.gif and CA and the upcoming tour.

So I guess you never know when/where you might end up having a conversation related to the band!

QUOTE (Yefa @ Jun 24 2012, 02:30 PM)
Yesterday I was at the Coolidge Corner Theatre in Brookline, MA to volunteer at a charity event called Can't Stop The Serenity. More info on this charity is linked below in case you'd like to check it out.

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com

I wore my Time Machine tour tshirt to the event. A fellow volunteer and I were doing something in the lobby as folks were filing in for the movie. A staff member from the Coolidge comes up to me and compliments me on the shirt. I thank him. He then tells me that his friend and former coworker who used to live there but now is in Chicago happens to run RushCon (!) and could he take a photo of my shirt to send to her? I say sure thing and ask if she's on TRF. He says it's very likely the case. He told me her first name but I am blanking on it now.
Another guy also complimented me on the shirt and we talked a bit about 2.gif and CA and the upcoming tour.

So I guess you never know when/where you might end up having a conversation related to the band!

The Coolidge is a nice theater.

Cool story.

I wore my TM shirt to the mall last year while Christmas shopping in Tevanna this 60 year old lade starts having conniptions!"OMG I LOVE RUSH! Greatest band of all time!" my wife was rolling her eyes at the whole thing.

2o minutes later some stoner looking teenagers came up to me and were like "DUDE, I was at that show, f***ing awesome!"

10 minutes later the same thing,...my looks at me and says, "can you not wear that next time"

QUOTE (briremo @ Jun 24 2012, 02:58 PM)
I wore my TM shirt to the mall last year while Christmas shopping in Tevanna this 60 year old lade starts having conniptions!"OMG I LOVE RUSH! Greatest band of all time!" my wife was rolling her eyes at the whole thing.

2o minutes later some stoner looking teenagers came up to me and were like "DUDE, I was at that show, f***ing awesome!"

10 minutes later the same thing,...my looks at me and says, "can you not wear that next time"

goodpost.gif

My youngest daughter is working at Cedar Point (amusement park) this summer at one of the game stations. Whenever she sees someone in a Rush shirt walk by (doesn't happen too often) she goes absolutely bonkers on her microphone and everyone within earshot gets to hear about how awesome Rush is for like five minutes straight.

Proud dad. bekloppt.gif