Help Singing

briremo

Now that I'm playing guitar my family has been kind enough to tell me Iam a horrible singer. I suspected this but it has been confirmed.

ANyway, can it help for me to take voice lessons? Can bad be fixed, at least to a point where I'm at least better than awful. Let me know if you guys have had any experience with improving. Thanks!

Better singing can be learned and practiced...finding a style and range that works for your natural voice is key, though, as is singing songs that match it.

Bob Dylan found a way. wink.gif

Start with breathing excercises. Get aroebic excercise and your breathing will be deep and natural. Also you can match your pitch to notes on your guitar. Record yourself singing a song and listen to the recording, you can learn alot. Sing in the mirror and make sure that your mouth is completely open and every complete lyric is sung with one breath.

I had trouble singing too, but I have improved quite a bit.

I sang in the church choir as a kid so I know the fundamentals of annunciation, projection etc, but the ability to actually stay in pitch or key has eluded me over the last 30 years.

I will try recording myself to see what i hear and work on it. Just bought a new ZoomH2 microphone so I'll see what happens.

Problem is getting some quiet time to work on it with a family of four around all the time...mocking me mercilessly. laugh.gif