Clockwork Angels passed the lawn mowing test

Pags

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 24 2012, 10:53 AM)
I couldn't survive without my IPod!!!

I could but it would suck not having it.

anyhooo...I'm going outside to put CA to the wash the car test! atickhum.gif

I just got an image of Tick doing the Cool Hand Luke car wash scene while listening to CA! Gah! I can't un-see it!

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 23 2012, 10:23 PM)
Listened again last night after an attitude adjustment from my Ipod with Bose headphones. I'm starting to actually believe this puppy may be as good as I think it is.

definitely sounds great with your head between a nice pair of cans smile.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 24 2012, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 24 2012, 10:52 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2012, 10:10 PM)
I'd try this, but I don't have ear buds. Or an iPod. I'm probably the only one who doesn't, right?

no.gif

I don't even have a smartphone. A flat-screen monitor is as advanced as I've managed thus far.

no.gif I also do not have an iPod or a smartphone. I wouldn't even buy a DVD player until I could get one that recorded. I am a geezer set in my ways. old.gif tongue.gif

I still use a flip phone. It makes calls and it lets me text. Which is all I need a phone to do.

Somehow, I've managed to survive not being able to play Angry Birds on my cell phone.

I might need to borrow an iPod so I can try Pags' lawnmower test, though...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 24 2012, 12:14 PM)
I'd try this, but I don't have ear buds. Or an iPod. I'm probably the only one who doesn't, right?

no.gif

I don't even have a smartphone. A flat-screen monitor is as advanced as I've managed thus far.

no.gif I also do not have an iPod or a smartphone. I wouldn't even buy a DVD player until I could get one that recorded. I am a geezer set in my ways. old.gif tongue.gif

I still use a flip phone. It makes calls and it lets me text. Which is all I need a phone to do.

Somehow, I've managed to survive not being able to play Angry Birds on my cell phone.

I have a Go phone I load with minutes.

My wife got me an IPod for Christmas, and I love it!

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 24 2012, 09:57 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 24 2012, 12:14 PM)

no.gif

I have a Go phone I load with minutes.

My wife got me an IPod for Christmas, and I love it!

iPod is a must have. I remember carrying around a big cassette case full of homemade cassettes for the car. Now I almost have my entire music collection on one little device. plug it in and go.

What a cool thread! I mowed the lawn yesterday and seriously thought about putting CA through the lawn mower test too, but felt like getting it over with quickly before it rained, so I passed. But looking forward to next time! 2.gif

Incidentally, the first time I ever listened to a Rush album all the way through was while I was mowing the lawn. I had just gone to a Waxy Maxies in the mall and purchased Moving Pictures on cassette. I popped it into my walkman and cranked it. I had only heard Tom Sawyer before that. I became a Rush fan that day, while mowing! 1022.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2012, 08:10 PM)

Nope. I have been meaning to get some Bose headphones though.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2012, 09:10 PM)

I don't have them either...

I used to do it with a walkman back in the day though...

while we're on the subject of ipods and earbuds.

if you have a bucks in you pocket, buy these

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4.html

simply the greatest sounding buds on the market, at any price. and they are pricey. Ive had several different models over the past 12 years. The warranty is awesome and the company takes care of everything. I just blew a 4 yr old pair through the washer/dryer and twisted the cable into a knot.

They replaced everything for $50. brand new set. Awesome people!

I just put this in another thread, but i listened to CA for the first time, non-stop, this weekend on my ipod, while doing about 4 hours of yard work. I have been a fan since 1975 and this album rocks! I was a little leery with all the over the top love on this site (fans can be a little biased), but this is by far their strongest effort in a long, long time.

It definitely passes the Minecraft test. For some reason, listening to the album and thinking of the steampunk asthetic makes me want to build grand things in that game. Clockwork Angels passes every test, and has not left my cd player in my car since it was released!

QUOTE (JoenataArctica @ Jun 25 2012, 02:36 PM)
It definitely passes the Minecraft test. For some reason, listening to the album and thinking of the steampunk asthetic makes me want to build grand things in that game. Clockwork Angels passes every test, and has not left my cd player in my car since it was released!

I failed the Minecraft test. I bought it yesterday and don't have the slightest idea what I'm doing!

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 25 2012, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (JoenataArctica @ Jun 25 2012, 02:36 PM)
It definitely passes the Minecraft test.  For some reason, listening to the album and thinking of the steampunk asthetic makes me want to build grand things in that game. Clockwork Angels passes every test, and has not left my cd player in my car since it was released!

I failed the Minecraft test. I bought it yesterday and don't have the slightest idea what I'm doing!

Start with a house for yourself, then move on to bigger things. A few friends and I have built an underwater glass castle and a couple great lighthouses as well as a fortress in the side of a cliff with a torch lit staircase leading up to it. It is a world lit only by fire (and glowstone biggrin.gif ) If you need any pointers let me know! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink38.gif