Clockwork Angels passed the lawn mowing test

Pags

To me, the album gets stronger and stronger the more I listen to it and become familiar with the intricacies of the songs. But nothing tests music more than when I'm on my riding mower with my earbuds cranked to full. CA just continues to take me to another place. I got 'that' feeling on just about every song. Each one has it's own hook that grabs me and doesn't let go. It's a set of songs that I don't need to skip anything from beginning to end.

Sun... beer in right hand... steering with the left... shades... heat... the rumble and the sound of the tractor... and Clockwork Angels rockin' my ass.

So I'm happy to report, Clockwork Angles passes the lawn mower test. cool.gif

Good job, guys. trink39.gif

1022.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 23 2012, 08:52 PM)
To me, the album gets stronger and stronger the more I listen to it and become familiar with the intricacies of the songs. But nothing tests music more than when I'm on my riding mower with my earbuds cranked to full. CA just continues to take me to another place. I got 'that' feeling on just about every song. Each one has it's own hook that grabs me and doesn't let go. It's a set of songs that I don't need to skip anything from beginning to end.

Sun... beer in right hand... steering with the left... shades... heat... the rumble and the sound of the tractor... and Clockwork Angels rockin' my ass.

Keep rockin and mowin!

trink39.gif

that is exactly how I got hooked on it today

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 23 2012, 06:52 PM)

Ive done this twice now and will do a third on sunday am. My ipod full of all RUSH is the only thing that makes it fun mowing the lawn.

QUOTE (briremo @ Jun 23 2012, 09:03 PM)
To me, the album gets stronger and stronger the more I listen to it and become familiar with the intricacies of the songs.  But nothing tests music more than when I'm on my riding mower with my earbuds cranked to full.  CA just continues to take me to another place.  I got 'that' feeling on just about every song.  Each one has it's own hook that grabs me and doesn't let go.  It's a set of songs that I don't need to skip anything from beginning to end.

So I'm happy to report, Clockwork Angles passes the lawn mower test.  cool.gif

Good job, guys.  trink39.gif

1022.gif  2.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  2.gif  1022.gif

that is exactly how I got hooked on it today

1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 23 2012, 09:52 PM)

Ah, takes me back to my high school days when mowing the lawn (with a non-riding mower) was the one chore I looked forward to. Something about the music cranked, the vibration of the engine, the smell of the grass, the sun on my back... just a feast for the senses. Very therapeutic.

One of the things I miss most living in a city apartment. Thanks for the flashback. cool.gif

QUOTE (AndroidOnTheRun @ Jun 23 2012, 11:30 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 23 2012, 09:52 PM)
To me, the album gets stronger and stronger the more I listen to it and become familiar with the intricacies of the songs.  But nothing tests music more than when I'm on my riding mower with my earbuds cranked to full.  CA just continues to take me to another place.  I got 'that' feeling on just about every song.  Each one has it's own hook that grabs me and doesn't let go.  It's a set of songs that I don't need to skip anything from beginning to end.

So I'm happy to report, Clockwork Angles passes the lawn mower test.  cool.gif

Good job, guys.  trink39.gif

1022.gif  2.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  2.gif  1022.gif

Ah, takes me back to my high school days when mowing the lawn (with a non-riding mower) was the one chore I looked forward to. Something about the music cranked, the vibration of the engine, the smell of the grass, the sun on my back... just a feast for the senses. Very therapeutic.

One of the things I miss most living in a city apartment. Thanks for the flashback. cool.gif

Taking me back too. Mowing my Grandma's yard and the Church yard is how I got some money to buy all the Rush discography on vinyl. I mowed with a smile on my face because each new Rush record I hadn't heard brought new treasures.

Listened again last night after an attitude adjustment from my Ipod with Bose headphones. I'm starting to actually believe this puppy may be as good as I think it is.

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Jun 23 2012, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2012, 09:10 PM)
I'd try this, but I don't have ear buds. Or an iPod. I'm probably the only one who doesn't, right?

Wait, how do you listen to music then?

us older guys use our old gramaphones lol

QUOTE (hellion @ Jun 24 2012, 01:23 AM)
I'd try this, but I don't have ear buds. Or an iPod. I'm probably the only one who doesn't, right?

old.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 24 2012, 02:52 AM)

trink39.gif

Sounds great. You might inspire me to buy a lawn mower again! Actually, I think I'll just lend my Ipod to the gardener and watch to see if he gets into it.

wink.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 24 2012, 05:39 AM)
QUOTE (hellion @ Jun 24 2012, 01:23 AM)

old.gif

old.gif cool.gif 2.gif

Nothing to add, except that I'm glad CA makes mowing almost enjoyable.

Mainly I am bumping this so that dick thread, "Clockwork Angels sucks" drops off the top spot.

Seriously, people, just let that one die. I hate opening the forum and seeing that at the top of the page.

(Sorry for momentarily hijacking, Pags. Back to your regularly scheduled thread).

How does it stand up to vacuuming and laundry?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 24 2012, 03:29 PM)
Nothing to add, except that I'm glad CA makes mowing almost enjoyable.

Mainly I am bumping this so that dick thread, "Clockwork Angels sucks" drops off the top spot.

Seriously, people, just let that one die. I hate opening the forum and seeing that at the top of the page.

(Sorry for momentarily hijacking, Pags. Back to your regularly scheduled thread).

How does it stand up to vacuuming and laundry?
tongue.gif

I've yet to do housework to it. I'll let you know!

Its totally lawn mower worthy! 1022.gif

and 1001...

When I am using technology that others don't they should worry. I have yet to ever send a text message. Damn it Jim, get an IPod!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2012, 10:10 PM)

no.gif

I don't even have a smartphone. A flat-screen monitor is as advanced as I've managed thus far.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 24 2012, 10:52 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2012, 10:10 PM)

no.gif

I don't even have a smartphone. A flat-screen monitor is as advanced as I've managed thus far.

no.gif I also do not have an iPod or a smartphone. I wouldn't even buy a DVD player until I could get one that recorded. I am a geezer set in my ways. old.gif tongue.gif

I couldn't survive without my IPod!!!

I could but it would suck not having it.

anyhooo...I'm going outside to put CA to the wash the car test! atickhum.gif