Clockwork Angels sucks....

Terrapin

Well, I'm going to hijack this thread and profess my love for CA.

It's one of the most solid albums I've had the pleasure of hearing, where several songs give me goosebumps. Goosebumps! I can't say the same for a lot of new music. I can't wait to start learning a song or two on bass, so I can air-bass with Geddy at my upcoming show! :)

And I don't care about people pulling the album apart and saying it sounds uninspired or cut-and-pasted or muddy or whatever. It is what it is, and it is good in my ears, and that's what matters to me.

And it doesn't really count as feeding a troll if good things are said, does it?

• Like 1

People, stop feeding the Troll's post . He does not deserve 1 page, nevermind 17

You are absolutely right!

It's certainly not their best album but it is not the worst. I really like it, I think it's a really good album. I don't see how someone could absolutly hate it but hey, everyone gets their opinion.

It certainly is one of the best albums they have ever made. Top 5 for sure!!!

• Like 1

Here is where your wrong. Everything was better Signals onward

Anyone who does not like Clockwork Angels smokes dick.
  • Like 1

You go dude :wtf:

Not sure if this thread is still on-topic or not, but while I do enjoy CA, the OP definitely has a point. People are quick to hail this record as one of their best, when in fact it may be one of their most streamlined, basic releases. The riffs are simple meaty distorted power chords for the most part, and the songs are mostly verse-chorus standard rock fare. This album is pleasant but it doesn't hold a candle to the epics of yore, or even the 80's synth material which was highly complex in its own right.

The main gripe I had about this album is that the majority of the songs are the same tempo and time signature. I also sorely miss Alex's shimmering chorus-y odd-voiced guitar chords that seem to have completely disappeared after making a joyful re-appearance on S&A, in favor of chunky simple rock chords

All that being said, I listen to it probably once a day, and have really taken a liking to the title track, The Anarchist, Headlong Flight, and The Garden.

Edited by PlayTheRoot

A little musical breakdown of Clockwork Angels from the "Authentic Guitar Tab Edition: Rush~ Clockwork Angels" . Just going to list keys and time signatures visited within each song.

Caravan: E, F, G~4/4, 2/4, 6/4, 5/4, 3/4

BU2B: G~4/4

Clockwork Angels: B, D~6/8

The Anarchist: D, G~4/4

Carnies: E, C~4/4, 2/4

Halo Effect: D~4/4, 3/4

Seven Cities Of Gold: E~4/4, 3/4

The Wreckers: C, G~4/4

Headlong Flight* Alex uses open E tuning in this song which this transcription totally ignores...grrrr

E~4/4, 3/4

<snip>

Wish Them Well: A, G, B, F~4/4, 2/4

The Garden: F, Bb~4/4

...just stats from a transcription with errors; it is what it is and whatever....Clockwork Angels is a late period Rush Classic Masterpiece, imo.

Why are you even on this board? You're not a Rush fan. If you've hated everything since Signals that's 30 years of dislike for a band whose recording history goes back 38 years. Do yourself a favour, throw out the albums after Signals and close your account here. Once you accept you're not a fan of this band you might stop grumping at people who are.

:goodone:

Insane in the membrane, insane in the BRAIN!!!!!

CA is a KILLER album. Plain and simple. LOL.

• Like 1

Not sure if this thread is still on-topic or not, but while I do enjoy CA, the OP definitely has a point. People are quick to hail this record as one of their best, when in fact it may be one of their most streamlined, basic releases. The riffs are simple meaty distorted power chords for the most part, and the songs are mostly verse-chorus standard rock fare. This album is pleasant but it doesn't hold a candle to the epics of yore, or even the 80's synth material which was highly complex in its own right.

The main gripe I had about this album is that the majority of the songs are the same tempo and time signature. I also sorely miss Alex's shimmering chorus-y odd-voiced guitar chords that seem to have completely disappeared after making a joyful re-appearance on S&A, in favor of chunky simple rock chords

All that being said, I listen to it probably once a day, and have really taken a liking to the title track, The Anarchist, Headlong Flight, and The Garden.

Your an idiot...but I like you.

smokes, penis? :huh:

smokes, penis? :huh:

Not quite. I'm pretty sure he was referring to this:

http://digitalfeast.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/spotted-dick.jpg

I don't understand why anybody would have a problem with this type of album. If you're looking for a personal music project to work on maybe it makes sense, I don't judge Rush albums on how complex they are just on the enjoyment of the listening experience.

Edited by calirush
  • Like 1

Are you kidding me? Have you even listened to Caravan, Carnies, or Clockwork Angels? It's like time signature country in them. That's the beauty of these guys is they can take impossible songs and make them sound so easy to the normal mind.

• Like 2

Clockwork Angels amazed me, I must say. Comfortably the strongest Rush album for over two decades. Have to respect the right of the OP to express his opinion though - it's a sure sign of an insecure person to label an opinion he or she doesn't like as being that of a troll, just because he or she can't deal with it.

Vapor Trails and Snakes & Arrows still suck mightily, and they always will. Two of the worst records I've ever heard in my life. That's just a sincere opinion.

Clockwork Angels amazed me, I must say. Comfortably the strongest Rush album for over two decades. Have to respect the right of the OP to express his opinion though - it's a sure sign of an insecure person to label an opinion he or she doesn't like as being that of a troll, just because he or she can't deal with it.

Vapor Trails and Snakes & Arrows still suck mightily, and they always will. Two of the worst records I've ever heard in my life. That's just a sincere opinion.

Though any opinion expressed in this thread is actually to promote your new Rushfan forum is it not?

Spam!!!

:LOL:

• Like 1