Clockwork Angels sucks....

Terrapin

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jun 25 2012, 06:37 PM)
I kinda agree with you. There's only 2 REALLY good songs (Garden, Anarchist). I was never a fan of this "alternate rock" bulls*** that Rush decided to choose. They started out with classic rock, and they tried to fix something that wasn't broken. Ever since Signals, Rush has been very mediocre in their sound. I really expected more because this could be their last album, but I'm still going to this concert hoping there's some old stuff played.

What is your fav Rush record?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 25 2012, 06:41 PM)
I'm still going to this concert hoping there's some old stuff played.

i wouldn't count on it dude. geddy's voice can't handle much from the good ole' days. eh.gif

Something for Nothing and In the End. Bank on it.

Edited by Gedneil Alpeart

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 25 2012, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 25 2012, 06:41 PM)
I'm still going to this concert hoping there's some old stuff played.

i wouldn't count on it dude. geddy's voice can't handle much from the good ole' days. eh.gif

Something for Nothing and In the End. Bank on it.

Ha ha, yeah, I wish! I love SFN, but if they closed the encore with ITE, especially if they included Geddy's "one - two - three - FOUR!" a la, The Fifth Order of Angels . . . holy crap. Right then and there, that would be my favorite Rush concert of all time. I think I'd order tickets to more shows on the ride back the hotel.

Dang, now you got me thinking about that. Listening to TFOofA right now! Yeah, mother effers!

Edited by Rush-O-Matic

Clockwork Angels is a brilliant album, far better to me than S&A, VT, T4E, or RTB. Not that I don't like those albums or songs on them, but CA's just better.

Neil really came through in a big way for CA: Awesome lyrics & story, drumming like he's half his age..

For all the internet woo-haa-boos out there that like to poop on him and his little drum hat ever time he sneezes the wrong way: moon.gif

Agreed. After several listens, CA is consistently good. There are no "dud" songs, and no awkward lyrics IMO (ie virtuality "net boy, net girl", etc). The music and lyrics flow nicely in the songs. The best part is the the overall concept, the "feel" of the music, and how the 2 tie in together.

The only negative thing I can say is in regard to the sound quality (or lack thereof). For me, it's almost as bad as VT. Ok, I don't have a high-end stereo system to fine-tune the sound mix. I just use my standard car CD player, and tweek the bass, treble and volume as needed. To my untrained ear, it just doesn't have a crisp sound like S&A and almost all older Rush CDs (except VT). That's enough to convince me the sound is substandard. I thought the poor sound of VT was an anamoly, especially after things improved with S&A. For me, the repeat offense in CA is inexcusable and a HUGE black eye for such a great album.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 23 2012, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 06:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing

you don't honestly believe we're "pretending" to like it, do you?

at least no one's pretending to like you. wink.gif

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1338580457649193098.jpg

goodpost.gif

I've been a bit absent from here for the past week or so. Work has been crazy and other things have kept me away.

I have been listening to CA quite a bit though...and I am in no way pretending to like it...I genuinely LOVE it!!

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jun 26 2012, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 23 2012, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 06:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing

you don't honestly believe we're "pretending" to like it, do you?

at least no one's pretending to like you. wink.gif

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1338580457649193098.jpg

goodpost.gif

I've been a bit absent from here for the past week or so. Work has been crazy and other things have kept me away.

I have been listening to CA quite a bit though...and I am in no way pretending to like it...I genuinely LOVE it!!

Another satisfied customer!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 08:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

No, it doesn't "Kick Ass" and no, it's not their best since... ?

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

CA is ridiculously sub-par at every conceivable angle. Another wasted, precious opportunity for endstage greatness.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 26 2012, 07:28 AM)
Clockwork Angels is a brilliant album, far better to me than S&A, VT, T4E, or RTB. Not that I don't like those albums or songs on them, but CA's just better.

Neil really came through in a big way for CA: Awesome lyrics

he still manages to take a shot with bu2b. thought he got it all out of his system on s & a but the obsession continues.

I kinda agree with you.  There's only 2 REALLY good songs (Garden, Anarchist).  I was never a fan of this "alternate rock" bulls*** that Rush decided to choose.  They started out with classic rock, and they tried to fix something that wasn't broken.  Ever since Signals, Rush has been very mediocre in their sound.  I really expected more because this could be their last album, but I'm still going to this concert hoping there's some old stuff played.

Well I think they put out some good stuff after MP, some stuff on Signals, GUP, PoW, a few on HYF and Presto, and a few good songs here and there after that, but they definitely went from being a very creative and adventurous band to just being stuck writing these boring alt rock songs for many years now.

On CA I just hear some fairly average playing, nothing overly complex or difficult, not a lot of time changes except for little parts here and there, Peart playing dull 4/4 beats in every damn song, cannot figure out how to write an interesting beat anymore, standard dull Rush choruses Geddy has been trapped in since T4E, really horrid vocal melodies at times. Really, those vocal melodies in the chorus of Halo Effect were the best he could come up with??? Stop being lazy Geddy! Where are the soaring melodies like TSOR, or interesting adventurous arrangements like Red Barchetta, or creative choruses like Circumstances? Writing songs like that takes serious effort, which they just dont seem to want to put in anymore. I can hear it in these lazy songs. Apparently you're hearing it too.

There's some interesting stuff here and there, but overall they're pretty much done right now I think. Maybe they'll be around long enough to do another album in 5 years, but to me it doesn't matter at this point. Others can like this album if they want. That's up to them, I just cant force myself to like songs like these. Really the opposite of what I originally loved about them.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 26 2012, 03:33 PM)
dbl post

What are your favourite albums of the last 5-10 years?

trink38.gif

No answer?

Yes this is a guy who just posts the same old shit but has no answers to pertinent questions...

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 26 2012, 03:56 PM)
You sound like a very sad and isolated person...I think you need a group hug from the boys!

Lol Im not sad or isolated. .

Just want their asses to write some great music.

Mission accomplished. Please pull the head out of the rectum and enjoy some fresh air for a change!!!

1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 03:50 PM)
dbl post

trink38.gif

No answer?

Yes this is a guy who just posts the same old shit but has no answers to pertinent questions...

I don't think he's liked anything or anyone for the past 20 years. sad.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jun 26 2012, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 03:50 PM)
dbl post

trink38.gif

No answer?

I don't think he's liked anything or anyone for the past 20 years. sad.gif

Well why is on a music forum then...? He should be on a nostalgia forum...