Clockwork Angels sucks....

Terrapin

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 24 2012, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 24 2012, 05:08 PM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 24 2012, 07:02 PM)
Fun Fact: Terrapin has only posted in this thread once.

Right. And he has already been called out for his sudden 180 degree turn in opinion. That's why I called him a troll. No one gets it eyesre4.gif

That's fine, but my point is, he wasn't even arguing with any of you.

Hist single opening post was enough to ignite over 120 responses. It would have been nice if everyone didn't have to repeat each other and we could just as a whole move on.

It is what it is.....and whatever.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I don't know, Grace Under Pressure came after Signals, so that pretty much makes your opinion on this matter utter shite to me already.

sad.gif

Sadly, I don't know what is worse... The OP who starts a threads like this which is designed to do nothing more than incite a riot, or the ones who take the bait and grab a bat. This thread should have been 1 post long.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 24 2012, 07:27 PM)
sad.gif

Sadly, I don't know what is worse... The OP who starts a threads like this which is designed to do nothing more than incite a riot, or the ones who take the bait and grab a bat. This thread should have been 1 post long.

Discounting your post? wink.gif

sad.gif

Ideally, yes. But this is not an ideal place.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 24 2012, 07:29 PM)
sad.gif

Sadly, I don't know what is worse... The OP who starts a threads like this which is designed to do nothing more than incite a riot, or the ones who take the bait and grab a bat.  This thread should have been 1 post long.

Ideally, yes. But this is not an ideal place.

It's as close to heaven as we have.

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Jun 24 2012, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 24 2012, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:37 PM)
As I respect you for stating your honest opinion, I highly disagree with you. But hey, every band has one album that doesn't "kick ass", and is yet, critically acclaimed.

Justin Beiber is critically acclaimed. What does critically acclaimed even mean?Some music critic said he liked it?

Critically acclaimed means that it gets praised by music critics. And Beiber doesn't "kick ass" in my book. no.gif

So who qualifies these music critics?

I'd say 40 years of listening to music and 35 years as a musician qualifies me as much as anyone. So my musings here on TRF should be taken much more seriously by you fine people.

Or the flip side. Critical acclaim is meaningless.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 24 2012, 07:02 PM)
As I respect you for stating your honest opinion, I highly disagree with you. But hey, every band has one album that doesn't "kick ass", and is yet, critically acclaimed.

Justin Beiber is critically acclaimed. What does critically acclaimed even mean?Some music critic said he liked it?

Critically acclaimed means that it gets praised by music critics. And Beiber doesn't "kick ass" in my book. no.gif

I'd say 40 years of listening to music and 35 years as a musician qualifies me as much as anyone. So my musings here on TRF should be taken much more seriously by you fine people.

sounds like a pretty meaningless marketing term to me.....

Sometimes people gather round to here other people Fart! Such is the case with your thread! Maybe all of the critically acclaimed praise is wrong, and your right!

And you would be.... who, exactly? -

Assholes are like opinions, only some spew more shit than others!

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jun 24 2012, 08:02 PM)

Exactly. Screw what the critics say! It's what the fans' opinions are that matters.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 24 2012, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 24 2012, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jun 24 2012, 08:56 PM)
you're from Ireland how can you even afford Clockwork Angels did the Germans buy it for you?

Easy, tiger. That's not nice.

Not nice at all. Really shitty, in fact.

Terrapin is entitled to not like CA. But he is getting flak for the provocative delivery in his opening post, and he had that flak coming to him. But we can do that without stooping to a lower level. Some people don't get that, and there is ample evidence of that in this thread. Unfortunately.

Admit it, you laughed. laugh.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 24 2012, 12:28 PM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jun 24 2012, 11:22 AM)
Unfortunately, with five pages we probably made his day. He probably woke up and said, "I think I need some attention." I used to get this stuff all the time when I taught junior high...

My gf is a teacher, and i think you're right. Absolutely right. Now he's hiding as an anonymous user. I can't believe i returned to the scene of the crime.

doh.gif

That's ok...I did too. Hate to admit it, but sometimes I gotta see where these things go.