Signals anniversery being blown out of proportion

Yokkov

So I don't know every line that Geddy has ever said to the croud between songs, and I dont know every setlist by heart, but I think that signals' 30 anniversery is being blown way out of proportion. Rush toured in 2004 right? They didn't play all of the debut, did they, or even more then one full song from it? They also toured in 2007, A Farewell To King's anniversery, and I don't think they played one song from it! So on with 2008, and Hemispheres anniversery, I don't think Geddy even made a mention of it!

Just because they toured all of moving pictures (their biggest album) last year on its anniversery, means 100% nothing about Signals this year!

This tour is in support of Clockwork Angels, last tour was basically another tour for Moving Pictures. There's no reason they should feel inclined to play more signals then usual, even on its anniversery!

Edited by Yokkov

You're probably right.

People saw that tourbook image with the dalmatian dog on it and jumped to conclusions right off the bat.

I agree...and honestly, I don't care to see ANY album in full. I want a nice mix of everything. Please give us a nice variety of music from all eras and albums.

You think it's being blown out of proportion right now? It's nothing like it was two or three months ago where almost every thread was talking about it. The talk has died down on that topic considerably within the last month.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 23 2012, 07:12 AM)
You think it's being blown out of proportion right now? It's nothing like it was two or three months ago where almost every thread was talking about it. The talk has died down on that topic considerably within the last month.

The topic died down, because Clockwork Angels came out to be great. Everyone is more is more consumed with CA than Signals. I for one would like to see a heavy Signals laden set list. However, they should focus on songs that they haven't played as of late:

Losing It

The Weapon

Countdown

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 23 2012, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 23 2012, 07:12 AM)

The topic died down, because Clockwork Angels came out to be great. Everyone is more is more consumed with CA than Signals. I for one would like to see a heavy Signals laden set list. However, they should focus on songs that they haven't played as of late:

Losing It

The Weapon

Countdown

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

yeah, plus

'The Analog Kid' and 'Chemistry'

Signals is my personal favorite album.

But I don't think it's a significant enough record to get the full concert treatment.... really, only Moving Pictures and maybe Permanent Waves or Hemispheres are.

The band doesn't seem to think of it as a milestone record.

Not that I'd have a problem with them doing the whole thing. I love that album.

What if they trolled us all by playing Clockwork Angela, Signals, AND 2112 in their entirety?! tongue.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 23 2012, 08:03 AM)
They BETTER play SUBDIVISIONS WITH STRINGS. That would give Geddy room to play a new bass part where they keyboards would normally be.

God no.....no no no.

Rush will be Rush. The Strings will be nice for the CA stuff and to be a complimentary ambience for some older material.

They will not be used as a lead front and center instrument.

No fricking way.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 24 2012, 07:36 AM)
They BETTER play SUBDIVISIONS WITH STRINGS. That would give Geddy room to play a new bass part where they keyboards would normally be.

God no.....no no no.

Rush will be Rush. The Strings will be nice for the CA stuff and to be a complimentary ambience for some older material.

No fricking way.

I agree...It's fine the way it is, leave the strings on the CA stuff.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 24 2012, 06:36 AM)

God no.....no no no.

No fricking way.

I agree with youu 100%! Leave the strings for songs with Strings.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 24 2012, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 24 2012, 06:36 AM)

God no.....no no no.

No fricking way.

I agree with youu 100%! Leave the strings for songs with Strings.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

No, please no strings...none at all.

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 23 2012, 04:08 PM)

But I don't think it's a significant enough record to get the full concert treatment.... really, only Moving Pictures and maybe Permanent Waves or Hemispheres are.

Personally, I think it's a pretty big deal in Rush's history - I consider it the first album of the synth-era

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 24 2012, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 23 2012, 04:08 PM)

Personally, I think it's a pretty big deal in Rush's history - I consider it the first album of the synth-era

Its the album that introduced me to 2.gif , so in my book its a real big deal!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I am listening to signals right now ,, the DVD from Sector 3 box set,, It sounds amazing,, I can hear it so clearly now,, what a deep rich sounding album,,im rediscovering it now,, never have been a fan of THE WEAPON until today,,,

Losing It is still a beautiful song

2.gif

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 24 2012, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 23 2012, 05:21 PM)
What if they trolled us all by playing Clockwork Angela, Signals, AND 2112 in their entirety?!  tongue.gif

that's not trolling, that's just playing a kick-ass set

MAYBE, but I can think of tons of alternative songs to play instead of "Tears," "Countdown," and "Wish Them Well". . .

On this site ? way out of proportion