Finally listened to the vinyl

micgtr71

QUOTE (shail @ Jun 27 2012, 06:30 PM)
Cd does sound better. Also have the vinyl. Analog recording please. Big miss. What could have been. Shame technology is ruining the recoding process even though it's more efficient.

what did I tell you?

(some kids never learn...)

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jun 22 2012, 07:17 PM)
Ok, I am a vinyl fan. I purchased every album (except RTB through VT) in this format when they were released. The vinyl is much more dynamic and that may be due to the amplifier/speakers involved.

First, I love the packaging. Heavy 180 gram discs are amazing. I love the clock showing 1 o'clock through 4 o'clock for the four sides. The gatefold brings me back to the glory days of vinyl. I almost wish the cover was a bit more ornate to use that medium a bit more.

The sound is amazing. It is much more warm and dynamic. It doesn't feel like I am being hit in the face. Though it was almost 3 times the price of the cd opening week, I feel that it is worth it for the sound. This is Geddy's best bass sound in years.

I just wanted to share this because it made me feel like I was a kid again. Anyone else get the vinyl and felt transported back to the days of your youth? Please share.

for us geeky audiophiles in the crowd, please describe your gear!

cheer.gif

QUOTE (shail @ Jun 22 2012, 10:18 PM)
Waiste of money vinyl. Its a freakin digital product. Warmer? What? Same as a cd. Christ.

unless you've experienced great audio, try not to sound so uninformed

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 23 2012, 08:28 AM)
Thanks for the recommendations!

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_10500/Turntables.html?tp=48766

here's a link to a couple great ones. All of these are great but if you can stretch above the $300 price range you'll be happy you did. The Marantz unit is nice.

I'm a home audio dealer for a long time

I picked up a vinyl copy a few weeks back to add to my collection.....Found it at a local record store for $22. Looks like it's unavailable at Amazon and Backstage Club now....

We still have our stereo of Carver equipment and Mordant-Shourt speakers. We bought it in 1981 and it all still works. In fact, we have a surround setting on the pre-amp and are using my old Denon speakers as the back part of that (I got them when I was 12!!). Our Sony turntable still works, too. Unfortunately I have to wait to get the vinyl.... sad.gif