The Return of Taurus

Ranger J

Seeing as there is a thread on just about everything else CA - I thought the return of the pronounced use of the Taurus bass pedals deserved its own too!

I don't know about everyone else, but one of the first things I noticed in the first couple of listens to this album (loud) is the bass. My hifi speakers haven't copped a <120Hz beating like that since 'The Analog Kid'. I like it. It's added that extra low-end body to the songs that has been missing for almost two decades of 2.gif .

What about you?

Love it? Hate it? Couldn't care less?

Discuss.

ph34r.gif

Edited by Ranger J

I so far haven't been able to hear it much as I've only been playing it on my laptop and through some cruddy earphones!... I can't wait till I can get back home and hear the full range biggrin.gif

I love taurus hehe.

Could someone tell me which songs the taurus pedals feature most prominently?

I can hear it quite a lot in Caravan... that's actually all I know lol, because I had been listening to that back home with proper speakers, the singel version

QUOTE (Xanaseb @ Jun 21 2012, 01:09 PM)
Could someone tell me which songs the taurus pedals feature most prominently?
I can hear it quite a lot in Caravan... that's actually all I know lol, because I had been listening to that back home with proper speakers, the singel version

Headlong Flight, The Anarchist and The Wreckers feature some cool Taurus sounds.

Being a Taurus pedal owner, I was thrilled to hear that they were using them on this album. There's just something about that rumble-thunder awesomeness.... cool.gif