In Case You Missed It - Clockwork Angels Geekfest!

rushgoober

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 22 2012, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 22 2012, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 22 2012, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 22 2012, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 22 2012, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 20 2012, 04:41 PM)
Thanks everyone, it was a lot of fun to do. there will def be more RUSHCASTS coming. Its so easy to talk about this band for over an hr. Hell, ive been doin it since I was 12. But its even harder to stop talking about this band. I cut out some, and could have talked for another hour no prob...Thanks again Goobs, Chris, and everyone fer listening

My office listened to the entire show. everyone I work with knows that I'm a huge fan of the band who's been counting down the hours for this release. Now, we've all listened to the album multiple times together. The men and women I work with absolutely love this music--especially the harder edged rockers. The women's perspective was most interesting, especially when it came to your show. It was fun listening to your reactions to each other and to the music. The way you all explained your different appreciations for RUSH was at times (please take no offense) hilarious, annoying, insightful, and flabbergasting...which is why we liked it so much more upon further reflection. Enjoyed it!

trink39.gif

thank you very kindly. those were some nice words. I am curious...what flabberghatsed yas? the rest is completely understandable heh

The whole sound thing. My favorite comment was: "boy, are those guys the wine and cheese crowd RUSH fans or what?"

Obviously you guys are hearing things in the recording that bother you, and it's mostly a personal/production thing I suppose. We listen to this and hear so many nuances...we really just don't grasp what the fuss is about. We hear the instruments with great clarity, appreciate the wall of sound as a dynamic in this music, and find it not lacking for anything...in terms of sound. Anyway, relatively minor point but it caused a re-action on the female side I thought was amusing.

trink39.gif

its pretty good, but i also eq'ed the music a lil. I boosted the highs, giving it a lil more clarity that you all heard. compare it to the CD, and then listen to MP heh. But Im stoked you all like MY SHOW

Yeah...the one thing that would make it better is to have a musician's voice amongst the roundtable.

Im a drummer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 22 2012, 07:11 AM)
Thanks everyone, it was a lot of fun to do. there will def be more RUSHCASTS coming. Its so easy to talk about this band for over an hr. Hell, ive been doin it since I was 12. But its even harder to stop talking about this band. I cut out some, and could have talked for another hour no prob...Thanks again Goobs, Chris, and everyone fer listening

My office listened to the entire show. everyone I work with knows that I'm a huge fan of the band who's been counting down the hours for this release. Now, we've all listened to the album multiple times together. The men and women I work with absolutely love this music--especially the harder edged rockers. The women's perspective was most interesting, especially when it came to your show. It was fun listening to your reactions to each other and to the music. The way you all explained your different appreciations for RUSH was at times (please take no offense) hilarious, annoying, insightful, and flabbergasting...which is why we liked it so much more upon further reflection. Enjoyed it!

trink39.gif

thank you very kindly. those were some nice words. I am curious...what flabberghatsed yas? the rest is completely understandable heh

The whole sound thing. My favorite comment was: "boy, are those guys the wine and cheese crowd RUSH fans or what?"

Obviously you guys are hearing things in the recording that bother you, and it's mostly a personal/production thing I suppose. We listen to this and hear so many nuances...we really just don't grasp what the fuss is about. We hear the instruments with great clarity, appreciate the wall of sound as a dynamic in this music, and find it not lacking for anything...in terms of sound. Anyway, relatively minor point but it caused a re-action on the female side I thought was amusing.

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

THAT was the main point of contention! I thought it'd be more of a disagreement about the quality of different songs or our interpretations of them, etc.

Anyway, like I said on the recording, the quality of the recording overall is a minor issue for me.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 22 2012, 02:52 PM)

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

THAT was the main point of contention! I thought it'd be more of a disagreement about the quality of different songs or our interpretations of them, etc.

Anyway, like I said on the recording, the quality of the recording overall is a minor issue for me.

agreed, and I feel that way about the podcast as well...heh

Fun show, and it was interesting to hear your takes on the tunes. I love hearing all the different thoughts on these songs, and many of the comments have made me go back to a song with different ears. Good stuff!

Gotta agree with some of the comments here though, the production was gawdawful....sounded like Goobs was talking through a tin can phone most of the time.....I used to like his booming bass voice back in the Interdimensional era. WTF, did you hire Nick R to mix this?!?! ( wink.gif tongue.gif )

trink39.gif trink39.gif

Edited by Bastille Night

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Jun 22 2012, 05:12 PM)
Fun show, and it was interesting to hear your takes on the tunes. I love hearing all the different thoughts on these songs, and many of the comments have made me go back to a song with different ears. Good stuff!

Gotta agree with some of the comments here though, the production was gawdawful....sounded like Goobs was talking through a tin can phone most of the time.....I used to like his booming bass voice back in the Interdimensional era. WTF, did you hire Nick R to mix this?!?! ( wink.gif tongue.gif )

trink39.gif trink39.gif

it was a skype conversation, best I could do. If Goobs wasnt 3000 miles away, and Chris is like 1500 or so, I could record it better. But that aside I appreciate ya checkin it out and all.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 22 2012, 06:20 PM)

Gotta agree with some of the comments here though, the production was gawdawful....sounded like Goobs was talking through a tin can phone most of the time.....I used to like his booming bass voice back in the Interdimensional era. WTF, did you hire Nick R to mix this?!?! (  wink.gif  tongue.gif )

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

it was a skype conversation, best I could do. If Goobs wasnt 3000 miles away, and Chris is like 1500 or so, I could record it better. But that aside I appreciate ya checkin it out and all.

I did check it out----very nice job fellas 2.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

"Anyway, like I said on the recording, the quality of the recording overall is a minor issue for me."

Goober, I could see myself strangling you right now. bitchslap.gif

My God Man! The Sound Quality is numero uno for a lot of us.

I just don't understand how anyone could take such an important part of an album and say "meh" its a minor issue?

No! no...no...no.... laugh.gif

Come to the dark side goober........SQ is important!

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 22 2012, 06:36 PM)

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

"Anyway, like I said on the recording, the quality of the recording overall is a minor issue for me."

I just don't understand how anyone could take such an important part of an album and say "meh" its a minor issue?

yeah, but then I wouldnt love this record...

user posted image

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 22 2012, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 22 2012, 04:47 PM)
yeah, but then I wouldnt love this record...
user posted image

nice! looks like it branded onto your arm 1022.gif

its def branded into my heart

(aaawwwwwww)

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 22 2012, 07:20 PM)

Gotta agree with some of the comments here though, the production was gawdawful....sounded like Goobs was talking through a tin can phone most of the time.....I used to like his booming bass voice back in the Interdimensional era. WTF, did you hire Nick R to mix this?!?! (  wink.gif  tongue.gif )

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

I was trying to be ironic since the sound quality of CA seemed to be a bone of contention on the podcast (and here). Minor ball-busting, once again ruined by the typed word on the internet! Seriously, loved the podcast! smile.gif

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 22 2012, 04:36 PM)

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

being completely honest, my stereo system is in storage (LONG story i won't go into here), so i've still never been able to hear it on really good equipment to know how it sounds optimally. the ways i have been able to hear it have made it sound decent, but not stellar, but at minimum it's acceptable. it was a far cry from the SQ of VT. wink.gif

what i'd really love is to see a waveform for this show where we talked about CA - i bet it's a heavily clipped brickwalled mess with no dynamic range whatsoever! tongue.gif

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 22 2012, 03:23 PM)

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

its pretty good, but i also eq'ed the music a lil. I boosted the highs, giving it a lil more clarity that you all heard. compare it to the CD, and then listen to MP heh. But Im stoked you all like MY SHOW

Yeah...the one thing that would make it better is to have a musician's voice amongst the roundtable.

Im a drummer

A drummer? Like he said, it would be nice to have a musician's point of view... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 23 2012, 04:52 AM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 22 2012, 03:23 PM)

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

Im a drummer

A drummer? Like he said, it would be nice to have a musician's point of view... tongue.gif

without us, everyone would sound like hippy campfire bands

BAH!

Edited by ucsteve667

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 22 2012, 11:06 PM)
QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 22 2012, 04:36 PM)

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

being completely honest, my stereo system is in storage (LONG story i won't go into here), so i've still never been able to hear it on really good equipment to know how it sounds optimally. the ways i have been able to hear it have made it sound decent, but not stellar, but at minimum it's acceptable. it was a far cry from the SQ of VT. wink.gif

what i'd really love is to see a waveform for this show where we talked about CA - i bet it's a heavily clipped brickwalled mess with no dynamic range whatsoever! tongue.gif

Oh my. unsure.gif

Dig it out. Its worth it. laugh.gif

330 plays, thanks everyone!