"Meat Without Drugs" Are You Guys Worried About

RUSHHEAD666

I can't watch that video from work, but I will when I get home. I'm all for anitbiotic and hormone free meat. Whenever possible, I buy it. It's super pricey, though. It would be nice if it were actually afordable to feed my kids minimally altered food.

QUOTE (default236 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:31 PM)
We've been eating this meat for what, 50 years since these antibiotics were introduced and we're barely noticing this now? It was never a big deal before and it shouldn't be now. confused13.gif

I think because the effects are becoming more apparent now. Or the link wasn't made until relatively recently. Are you ok with having your food shot up with antibiotics? If you are, then nevermind. I, on the other hand, am not. You also have to consider the reasons for the industry using them. It's not to enhance your food. It's to increase their bottom line with little regard for the possible long-term effects.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 20 2012, 01:21 PM)
I'm all for anitbiotic and hormone free meat. Whenever possible, I buy it. It's super pricey, though. It would be nice if it were actually afordable to feed my kids minimally altered food.

yes.gif

Anyone here ever go to Mrs. Greens ? You can walk out of that store with 2 bags and it's $100 ohmy.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 20 2012, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:31 PM)
We've been eating this meat for what, 50 years since these antibiotics were introduced and we're barely noticing this now? It was never a big deal before and it shouldn't be now.  confused13.gif

I think because the effects are becoming more apparent now. Or the link wasn't made until relatively recently. Are you ok with having your food shot up with antibiotics? If you are, then nevermind. I, on the other hand, am not. You also have to consider the reasons for the industry using them. It's not to enhance your food. It's to increase their bottom line with little regard for the possible long-term effects.

You make a good argument, but I rarely eat meat so it doesn't matter too much to me, but I can see why this concerns so many people. burger2.gif

I can't go without chicken sandwich's , baloney or hamburger's for more than a week....I'm a full-fledged junkie..I admit it!! yes.gif laugh.gif burger2.gif

..Is there a hot-line I can call strictly for addicts??? rofl3.gif

....I might kick the bucket because of it..oh well..life goes on.

I try to buy the hormone/antibiotic free meat when I can. When it goes on sale (it is expensive as SS above said) I stock up.

I have learned that Costco is REALLY choosey about what they sell and the companies that they get the meat from have to go thru way more stringent rules than the FDA requires in order for Costco to use their product, and it's cheaper there.

We are fortunate to have a small farm and we raise our own beef cattle. We know what our cows eat and we like it that way.

Buying organic other types of meat is pricy, but I try to do it as much as I can. Same with dairy products, especially milk.

Eating horomone injected food is unnatural and kinda nasty. I'm not a perfect eater, but trying to eat mainly whole foods has made a big difference in how I feel.

Chicken patties are not food IMO. Ground up chicken waste parts mixed with chemicals and tan food coloring is not my idea of a yummy meal 062802puke_prv.gif