Queensryche

Rushman14

"Susan Tate brought to the table the idea to record 'Operation: Mindcrime II'. The band was hesitant and did not want to lessen the original. But Susan Tate and Geoff Tate hired a budget producer and took control without really any other input. The manipulation of upfront monies was the Tates' main tool to get what they wanted. Scott Rockenfield, Eddie Jackson and I were squeezed out of having any input in the musical direction or business decisions, thus the project suffered."

I f'n knew it. The exact same stance that I had all along...why would they truly want to mess with the original and make a half-assed sequel?!

Geoff stated that he had "always planned to make the sequel". Yeah, 16 years later right Geoff?! Such bullshit...it was nothing more than a money-making (or so he had hoped) scheme to try and revive a band that was floundering, especially with their older fan-base.

I'm so glad it bombed...because it never should've seen the light of day to begin with. It's no surprise that the others didn't want it to exist. In fact, this really puts my faith back in the remaining members. They were smart enough to know that this never should have been made.

I'm also in a way happy to hear that Chris DeGarmo basically left because he couldn't work with Geoff. Maybe there is still hope of Chris making an appearance again in the future. I am hopeful...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jul 11 2012, 10:06 PM)
"Susan Tate brought to the table the idea to record 'Operation: Mindcrime II'. The band was hesitant and did not want to lessen the original. But Susan Tate and Geoff Tate hired a budget producer and took control without really any other input. The manipulation of upfront monies was the Tates' main tool to get what they wanted. Scott Rockenfield, Eddie Jackson and I were squeezed out of having any input in the musical direction or business decisions, thus the project suffered."

I f'n knew it. The exact same stance that I had all along...why would they truly want to mess with the original and make a half-assed sequel?!

Geoff stated that he had "always planned to make the sequel". Yeah, 16 years later right Geoff?! Such bullshit...it was nothing more than a money-making (or so he had hoped) scheme to try and revive a band that was floundering, especially with their older fan-base.

I'm so glad it bombed...because it never should've seen the light of day to begin with. It's no surprise that the others didn't want it to exist. In fact, this really puts my faith back in the remaining members. They were smart enough to know that this never should have been made.

I'm also in a way happy to hear that Chris DeGarmo basically left because he couldn't work with Geoff. Maybe there is still hope of Chris making an appearance again in the future. I am hopeful...

trink39.gif good point! That one move was a fragile move to make and a foolish and I obvious one to boot. that kinda shit would irritate the hell out of anyone who put time and effort into creating the original. what a yoko ono toting anchor he came to be.

What was tate's problem they didnt specify? Booze, drugs or women??? confused13.gif

QUOTE (adace1 @ Jul 11 2012, 11:30 PM)
Geoff spitting on Scott:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-68ioMFgbc...player_embedded

Btw, I'm not really into this band, but it's pretty entertaining to follow all the drama.

Apart from the spitting doesn't Tate look like real domed douche bag onstage these days? A real prancing little tool! Like he's an over the hill ham actor trying to do shakespeare...

wacko.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 11 2012, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Jul 11 2012, 02:23 PM)
I love the part about not trusting Ray Danniels for management. Because, you know, Rush isn't a class act and a model for career longetivity or anything...

I mean, isn't it easy to imagine Geddy knocking over Neil's drumkit and calling Alex a "pu$$y" and "motherf&%$er" while spitting in his face twenty minutes before the live curtain goes up?

In his Rolling Stone interview Tate acted so confused over why the band was pushing him out. What a joke. Even if the Rockenfield and Wilton accounts are biased and exaggerated in any respect Tate was clearly way out of line. I haven't cared about this band since Empire, but I was intrigued by this story. When I was 14 I caught them on the Empire tour and got to go backstage to meet the band, sans Tate, who wasn't there.

I do have to say that while Michael Wilton's declaration and Scott's were very moving and sound very clear and it sounds like they did everything possible to keep Geoff, but the bit about Ray Danniels I can understand. Ray screwed Van Halen so bad I could see not trusting him. Not saying anything negative about Ray's devotion to Rush and all his hard work he's done for them but Ray set Van Halen up for a Tour of no profits when they should have netted millions of dollars. It's a cut throat business, so cut throat even the van halen brothers fell for Ray's management style which, in hindsight, seems like a bonehead move.

With that said, I'm bummed Tate will have likely a more lucrative career than QR, but at least they will be able to make a living doing what they love, and maybe even climb the charts again. Who knows...

On one final note, these true hollywood stories give me a sense of contentment that maybe in the grand scheme of things I was better off and am still better off having a day job and playing the drums for fun and extra spending cash. To exist in a band like QR for years on end, i think i would have gone completely nuts having to work in a band that was once a titanic, now just a life raft barely floating. That would suck really, really bad to watch all you worked for that once flourished go down the tubes in the name of one selfish and greedy band member.

There's no "I" in Team, kids.

"Sadder still to watch it die then never to have known it".

Ain't that the truth.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 12 2012, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (adace1 @ Jul 11 2012, 11:30 PM)
Geoff spitting on Scott:

Btw, I'm not really into this band, but it's pretty entertaining to follow all the drama.

Apart from the spitting doesn't Tate look like real domed douche bag onstage these days? A real prancing little tool! Like he's an over the hill ham actor trying to do shakespeare...

wacko.gif laugh.gif

I'd sue tate for any/all future income in a civil suit. He deserves a drumstick broken over his head for treating scott like cattle. Jesus. Hes a prancing doucher, td. Totally. Ill bet those leather pants reek of vaseline, baby-batter, + ben gay... cosmo.gif

QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ Jul 11 2012, 06:59 AM)
Actually, anybody wanting to read them all, here's a link containing the lawsuit documents of everyone's statements...

http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownr...hp?topic=2906.0

popcorn.gif wow this good stuff. Geoff Tate is certifiable.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 12 2012, 05:04 AM)
It's like a bloated Anton LaVey squeezing into a vested pantsuit.

rofl3.gif This is the best description of Tate Ever

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 16 2012, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 12 2012, 05:04 AM)
It's like a bloated Anton LaVey squeezing into a vested pantsuit.

rofl3.gif This is the best description of Tate Ever

Aye, an inspired description...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (adace1 @ Jul 12 2012, 12:30 AM)
Geoff spitting on Scott:

Here's an account of what went on before the show.

http://www.anybodylistening.net/fozzy.pdf

Damn, lots of drama.

QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ Jul 11 2012, 09:59 AM)
Actually, anybody wanting to read them all, here's a link containing the lawsuit documents of everyone's statements...

http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownr...hp?topic=2906.0

There is a hell of alot to read there, but I was looking throught Geoff Tate's complaint (which is at the top of the list of links provided)...What is amazing is how little Wilton, Jackson, and Rockenfield make in royalties...Degarmo still makes more than them combined...I know he was the "other half" of the writting team, but still...they don't make shit off of the records.

i think QR has been as good as dead for the last 15 years or so. i've seen them a hand full of times since De Garmo left and always wondered why i bothered (actually, i guess they were supporting DT so they were just part of the package). Goeff Tate is probably the greatest male vocalist of all time IMHO and Scott is great on the drums but i don't really care for the rest of the band and i think they do a mediocre live show. they will not be missed in my book, but i will always rate mindcrime and empire as 2 of the best albums ever.

one thing i think we can all be sure about until the day we die, we will never read a story like this with the names tate, rockenfield and jackson replaced with lee, peart and lifeson

Edited by 2112design

The War of the Queensrike's - East Side Queensryche vs. (Rising) West Side Queensryche just like Great White Vs. Jack Russell's Great White.

This does not create confusion in the marketplace. (sarcasm)

People will comment on Facebook and of course they will ignore it all and go about their business.

I'm surprised Chris Zukas/Zuck-ass (Tate's current son-in-law) isn't playing in Geoff's version of Queensryche.

I also noticed Greg Gilmore (ex-Mother Love Bone) is supposedly the new drummer in Tate's "solo" electric band, not to be confused with Geoff's Queensryche. wub.gif

Tate's new Bass/ Drum combo is Rudy Sarzo and Bobby Blotzer

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

The real Queensryche has Zero to worry about laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 4 2012, 11:49 AM)
Tate's new Bass/ Drum combo is Rudy Sarzo and Bobby Blotzer
rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif
The real Queensryche has Zero to worry about laugh.gif

haha no shit.