I love Wish Them Well.

Bonghitsforjesus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 20 2012, 01:32 AM)
glad you like it but i can't get into it. no melody and incredibly boring.

No melody? Dude....it's one of the most singable things on CA. The.........thanks your stars you're not that way.......part just flows so well.

wub.gif Loving it! This is the first song from CA that has really stood out to me. I love the "All that you can do is wish them well" followed by the higher-pitched Geddy in the background. And I like how Geddy emphasizes the 'do' in the second repitition. And I love the beat of the song. It had been playing in my head for the past couple of days, and I thought it finally got replaced with 'Clockwork Angels' but now it's back! Which certainly isn't a bad thing.

I was thinking about starting my own thread about how much I like 'Wish Them Well', but thought that would be too exuberant of me, so trink39.gif for doing it first and letting me rave about it!

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:39 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 20 2012, 01:32 AM)
glad you like it but i can't get into it.  no melody and incredibly boring.

No melody? Dude....it's one of the most singable things on CA. The.........thanks your stars you're not that way.......part just flows so well.

sorry dude i don't hear it. it's not geddy at his best and when he sings all that we can do is wish them well, it sounds like he's trying too hard especially when he emphasizes "do". anyway glad you enjoy it.

It's one of my favorites, too. I love the advice - my Hubby and I did that long ago - walk away from people like that. Makes life so much easier.

I also love the paraphrase of Winston Churchill "If you are going through hell, keep going."

It's one of my favorites too, but I think we're in the minority judging from the fan reviews I've seen this week. One critic's review, before the album came out, announced that this song would be the most divisive on the album... and it seems he was right. People love it or hate it.

I think there's a lot of catchy choruses on CA, with lots of good vocal melodies (a change from what Rush has given us since 1996), and this is one of the songs that has both. The "thank your stars" part grabbed me early and demanded my attention. It's still the part that makes the song for me - the song's "hook."

LOVE the verses

Spirits turned bitter by the poison of envy

Always angry and dissatisfied

Even the lost ones, the frightened and mean ones

Even the ones with a devil inside

Edited by Rushman14

One of my least favs

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 20 2012, 03:43 PM)
It's certainly not the VT-style yelling 'Wish Them Wells' from Ged.

That's easily the worst part of the song.

Hmm, that's what I like most about this song, and maybe that explains why I like Vapor Trails so much! tongue.gif

wish them well coming so soon after the wreckers on CA i find the two of them clash a little having the same sort of feel about them, neither extremely up or slow tempo, but heck it aint a huge problem

I listened to it at the gym today while cooling down, I really listened to it telling myself to find something good, better than average Rush anyways. Well, the chorus back up Geddy voice still blows. But the changes in musical phrasing really caught me in the middle section of the song. It was better that I remember hearing before. Next ime I hear it, I will again focus on this.

Let me add, I purchased a new MP3 player with BOSE earphones. Maybe this is why... unsure.gif ...nah...not that much of a difference.

Also, misheard lyric:

Even though you're going to hell

Just keep on going

Let the demons dwell

Just wish them well

Edited by Gompers