Faith restored: There is a woman Rush fan for Me!

ScottT67

QUOTE (ScottT67 @ Jun 19 2012, 05:38 PM)
Where were you girls at, during the 1st 10 tours, beginning with Signals??? smile.gif

Well, I was at the pre-Signals tour (April 5, 1982, Lake Charles, LA, to be exact). I was barely 15 at the time. It was general admission, no seats on the floor back then, of course, and I was in attendance with a female friend. I had to keep moving because if I stayed in one place too long, I'd get my rear end grabbed by whatever guy was standing behind me at the time.

And now I'm an old married lady with four kids. *sigh* At least I can attend a concert now without being molested, though! And the friend who went with me to that first show over 30 years ago is going to join me for the Houston concert this fall!

QUOTE (mstmompj @ Jul 3 2012, 09:24 PM)
Where were you girls at, during the 1st 10 tours, beginning with Signals??? smile.gif

Well, I was at the pre-Signals tour (April 5, 1982, Lake Charles, LA, to be exact). I was barely 15 at the time. It was general admission, no seats on the floor back then, of course, and I was in attendance with a female friend. I had to keep moving because if I stayed in one place too long, I'd get my rear end grabbed by whatever guy was standing behind me at the time.

And now I'm an old married lady with four kids. *sigh* At least I can attend a concert now without being molested, though! And the friend who went with me to that first show over 30 years ago is going to join me for the Houston concert this fall!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Rush girls ROCK!

I seem to have picked up a Rush girl on my radar. She's pretty legit. Likes VT, T4E and Clockwork Angels. She also plays a mean bass, so along with my drumming.........

She also sings........ someone f***ing smash my head with a hammer....

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jul 4 2012, 01:08 AM)
I seem to have picked up a Rush girl on my radar. She's pretty legit. Likes VT, T4E and Clockwork Angels. She also plays a mean bass, so along with my drumming.........

Treasure it. Us chicks that like Rush, play bass, sing and aren't ugly can be kinda rare. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 4 2012, 02:24 AM)
I seem to have picked up a Rush girl on my radar.  She's pretty legit. Likes VT, T4E and Clockwork Angels. She also plays a mean bass, so along with my drumming.........

Treasure it. Us chicks that like Rush, play bass, sing and aren't ugly can be kinda rare. ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif

Preach, Jaime!

I was 23, in 1991. Roll the Bones was my first Rush album :-)

My 68 year old mum has gotten into them in the last year, she has 4 CD's now and is buying them at about 1 a month. Can't tell you how much that makes me smile smile.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 4 2012, 01:24 AM)
I seem to have picked up a Rush girl on my radar.  She's pretty legit. Likes VT, T4E and Clockwork Angels. She also plays a mean bass, so along with my drumming.........

Kinda rare?? That's Holy Grail material...total keeper!

I missed Signals bythismuch. Was at the GUP Warmup tour Sept '83 at RCMH at age 14. That was my first...and I never looked back.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 4 2012, 01:24 AM)

The best part is, we *click*. That can go both ways. playing together, and talking. Philosophical discussions about astronomy and government reform are had.

We're like the cool hip versions of Sheldon and Amy from BBT.

Haven't taken her around my friends yet, because they'd probably all cuss at me for being so lucky. I will one day though. One day. tongue.gif I know she'd fit in though, because we're all major nerds.

NERDS UNITE 1022.gif

Rushchick10 I kinda thought you might go well with Steve I. (facebook) don't know why, but I just do! biggrin.gif

Edited by nobodys hero

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 8 2012, 07:09 PM)

Rushchick10 I kinda thought you might go well with Steve I. (facebook) don't know why, but I just do! biggrin.gif

Steve is my best buddy! I'm Dingus, he's Dufus! wink.gif tongue.gif

Just reading the posts and reactions from you gals has been like an awakening. Nice to know there are so many of you out there!

Well, when Signals came out, I was 9. ohmy.gif

I guess I never knew how few women were "into" Rush, since when I was in high school, a lot of Rush was in pretty heavy rotation on the hard and classic rock stations. I always tended to like stuff that was heavier and a little bit older, so it clicked for me. I would have to say that probably most of the people I was hanging out with at the time would have also liked Rush, so perception becomes reality.

Later, I realized how many people HATE Rush and how many women don't seem to "get" them, and I thought, "Really? You've got to be kidding. They rock!"