Today's rock wouldn't exist if the Beatles Hadn't

Mr. Not

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps if The Beatles never existed some group of similar influence would have come around and music would have gone on a similar path than it has, but it WAS The Beatles, and they were HUGELY influential, and that's just how it is. I personally don't like Elvis, but I wouldn't try and deny his major, major influence on music, even though I feel his influence is a lot less obvious these days than The Beatles.

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE! wub.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 19 2012, 10:56 AM)
but it WAS The Beatles, and they were HUGELY influential, and that's just how it is.  I personally don't like Elvis, but I wouldn't try and deny his major, major influence on music, even though I feel his influence is a lot less obvious these days than The Beatles.

I'm not denying an influence, just their actual importance.

(and that's another thing - hardly ever are any other influences noted. And no one even cares or knows who Bart C. is.)

Edited by Ovningskora

The Beatles started modern pop-rock/rock music---Fact

End of story---Next.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:28 AM)
The Beatles started modern pop-rock/rock music---Fact
End of story---Next.

And progressive rock / heavy metal. FACT

end of story, no questions asked.

All bands formed in the late 70s owe credit to The Beatles. FACT.

QUOTE (adace1 @ Jun 19 2012, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 19 2012, 09:48 AM)
653.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5kqe3ku2c8

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif Got 2 question's though..was that Herman Munster

on lead vocals or Frankenstein??!!?! Just curious... confused13.gif laugh.gif

That was frickin' funnier'n sh*t!!

Edited by go2wrk@95974

Before I became a huge Rush fan, I used to list The Beatles as my favorite all-time band. Of course, that changed when I started getting into Rush. Despite them for being one of the most influential bands to ever come out of the 60's, I view them as an overrated group, just like how I see Rush as being underrated.

I'm not saying that The Beatles weren't important on impacting musical culture, I'm just simply saying that they're given more credit then what should have been given.

No matter what, they're one of my favorite bands. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Jun 19 2012, 04:59 PM)
I'm not saying that The Beatles weren't important on impacting musical culture, I'm just simply saying that they're given more credit then what should have been given.

this is very close to my point.

I like the Beatles quite a bit - Magical Mystery Tour and Abbey Road are particularly great. I simply don't believe their influence is anywhere near as grand as people claim.

Edited by Ovningskora

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Jun 19 2012, 07:59 PM)

Why?

The reason they get so much credit is, when it comes to pop/rock music, the Beatles funneled everything that came before them; Beatlised it and released it out to the world. They didn't invent a lot of things like studio experimentation but they made it known to the world. None of the usual things would matter if they didn;t write great songs/great melodies and big (albeit naive) statements. They inspired a generation to pick up their instruments by a simple television appearance. These are people who had no musical calling before the Beatles and could do nothing else after seeing them. This generation was the one before mine but I get it.

I'm putting together a list of things that all other bands have The Beatles to thank for.

I'll post back in 1 Month.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 07:12 PM)

I like the Beatles quite a bit - Magical Mystery Tour and Abbey Road are particularly great. I simply don't believe their influence is anywhere near as grand as people claim.

but you're wrong though smile.gif

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 19 2012, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 07:12 PM)

but you're wrong though smile.gif

You foolish pious!

1287.gif