Toronto people?

liddybuck01

anyone here live in/around Toronto, or have visited?

POSSIBLY planning a trip to Toronto at the end of August, and want to spend the least amount of money as possible.

looking for a good hotel at a decent nightly rate, which i'm guessing would not be directly in the city. the ones in the city that i've looked at are all over $100/night. way too much.

also would like deets on all the Rush related places we should visit while in the city.

any info is appreciated.

thanks! bekloppt.gif

we're hoping to come up the weekend of the 24th for Fan Expo. it's just a matter of how much money we can save before then. but seriously, i'm considering just getting a credit card and charging that thing up laugh.gif

i definitely plan on stopping by the orbit room, which i looked up, is not far from where the expo is being held.

i'll let you know tho, for sure!

I always use Hotwire.com to get a room when I stay downtown...cheap rates and the rooms have always been good. Just be sure to select only the 'Downtown Toronto West' or 'Downtown Toronto East' options on the map.

Springsteen is in town that weekend at the Skydome (I'll be there!), so hotels could be busy!

Check out this link for Rush-related Toronto sights (although it is out of date, so you may want to double check on some of the stuff): http://www.sarnia.com/music/rush/to.html

trink39.gif trink39.gif

Edited by Bastille Night

duh! didn't even think of using hot-wire, or a similar site. thanks!

and the fan expo starts on a thursday and goes through sunday, so I'm thinking we might go thursday or friday, might help avoid the weekend crowds downtown.