Regarding string ensemble?

Godeater2112

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

facepalm.gif fists crying.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif I'm not too excited about this but whatever. I still bought tickets so I'm sure I'm getting what I payed for. We'll see how this plays out. tempted.gif Edited by default236

Anyone who see's this as bad is an idiot. This is Rush and they will use it wisely.

I love the idea. It will add depth in certain songs, and take absolutely nothing away from the power of the bands playing.

QUOTE (default236 @ Jun 18 2012, 11:22 PM)
facepalm.gif fists crying.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif I'm not too excited about this but whatever. I still bought tickets so I'm sure I'm getting what I payed for. We'll see how this plays out. tempted.gif

Thumbs down? Really? eyesre4.gif

I would think that they could play Faithless with the strings as well,

so, a nice little group of older songs(Tears, Nobody's Hero, Losing it, and Faithless) along with the CA stuff would make it worth having a string section.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 05:18 PM)
LOSING IT!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah holy shit I'd say it's ALMOST certain now.

Maybe a version of Different Strings too!

QUOTE (Flying Finn @ Jun 19 2012, 08:08 AM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 19 2012, 03:50 PM)
Maybe a version of Different Strings too!

Different Strings has nothing to do with strings. They haven't played it live probably because of the piano in it.

No but just the title alone puts the whole concert in perspective and The Garden has Strings and a Piano solo. I don't see them droping The Garden from the set list so If they have a piano player with them as well, Different Strings is very probable. They can always rearrange it too.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 19 2012, 07:33 AM)
Anyone who see's this as bad is an idiot. This is Rush and they will use it wisely.
I love the idea. It will add depth in certain songs, and take absolutely nothing away from the power of the bands playing.

Hell yeah!

1022.gif

This smells of GeddyFinal.gif

and I like it 2.gif

anyone remember when he was saying how he'd love to tour with strings sometime in the future?

QUOTE (sb2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 06:41 PM)
I trust them not to overdo it, so we should be okay. It will probably just be used on the new ones and a couple cool old songs, which I would be perfectly fine with.

This is key for me.

I just don't want them to overdo it. If it's subtle in the background, and not used for every single song, then that's cool.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 19 2012, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 19 2012, 07:33 AM)

Hell yeah!

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 19 2012, 05:34 AM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Jun 18 2012, 11:22 PM)
facepalm.gif  fists crying.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif I'm not too excited about this but whatever. I still bought tickets so I'm sure I'm getting what I payed for. We'll see how this plays out.  tempted.gif

Thumbs down? Really? eyesre4.gif

Well, I wanna see, "An Evening With Rush", not "An Evening With Rush and Orchestra". This opens new song possibilities, but I'd much rather see just Rush. confused13.gif

I was disgusted when I read this today, but the more I think about it, the more I'm warming up to the idea. Like others have said, as long as they don't overdo it. It will obviously sound great on the new stuff for sure, and could make for some interesting possibilities for for some older stuff. Let's face it, they were going to have strings on this tour either "triggered" or live.

I'm officially "back from the ledge" .... tongue.gif