Regarding string ensemble?

Godeater2112

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a small ensemble for 6-8 songs........

They won't be front and center

It's gonna really flush out a few songs and gets me excited for the back catalog!

I for one will buy a beer for anyone who comes away from their show still thinking it was a bad idea.

Curiouser and curiouser cool.gif Let's see where this takes us!

Fantastic! Excellent! Glad to hear it.

Several songs on CA prominently feature strings...so are we expecting Geddy to foot-pedal some faux strings (along with everything else he has to do) and be done with it? Should they be expected to somehow keyboard-ize (I made up a word) those strings? Now we can hear CA exactly how they recorded it...and how they wanted us to hear it.

And, as an added bonus, we can hear some classic tunes they've never performed live (Losing It!)...as well as a few others that haven't been played in a while. The strings will enable them to play Nobody's Hero as a tribute to Andrew McNaughtan...I'll be very surprised if that doesn't happen.

This probably means we are also going to hear Manhattan Project and Lock And Key. Synth strings are used in songs like Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, Red Barchetta etc so you never know for sure.

Damn forgot Nobody's Hero. doh.gif

Edited by Flying Finn

QUOTE (hermy @ Jun 18 2012, 05:28 PM)
It will be a small ensemble for 6-8 songs........

They won't be front and center

It's gonna really flush out a few songs and gets me excited for the back catalog!

I for one will buy a beer for anyone who comes away from their show still thinking it was a bad idea.

Well said. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This is a game changer for me, I will now make every effort to attend both legs of the tour even though they are not stopping anywhere near me in leg 1 at least. It seems like I have been negative about Rush for several years now as I disliked S&A and their last few tours have all been a little too similar for my tastes with not enough differences in the setlists. I am really liking CA though and hearing this news has me excited to see this. I have been wanting new and different and Rush is providing!

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 18 2012, 06:47 PM)
I am all for this event. Go Rush!

Me too...This is going to be great. I thought everything about the whole live production (except the set list) on the last tour was awesome, and if this is going to be a extension of the last tour, the show should be nothing short of incredible.