Anyone waiting for setlist details b4 buying tix?

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 19 2012, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 19 2012, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:48 AM)
Hell no...i buy tickets as soon as I possibly can. Why risk getting stuck with shitty seats, just because you wanted to "wait" and see what the setlist is going to be? eyesre4.gif

Well, in some cases you can still end up with a great seat (if you're willing to pay)!

old.gif

Waaayyyy back in 2008 I found a 3rd row aisle seat, Geddy side, for the Mohegan Sun show on Ticketmaster the day of the concert!

if i can scrape up the money by then, this is what i'm hoping will happen.

i must be one of the few Rush fans that is poor laugh.gif

Many of us have made huge sacrifices to tour with this band of ours wub.gif Worth every penny, I say. . .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2012, 12:23 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 19 2012, 11:42 AM)
I would like to see a LIMIT on alcohol consumption at concerts- I've been showered with beer, jostled out of the way countless times by dudebros leaving during the show to get beer, and have endured many disgusting drunk comments by Rush fans who don't know when to STFU.

Yeah. Chalk me up as "not a fan"  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I definitely hear you on that one.

BUT...remember that not everyone is like that. I enjoy having a few beers, like maybe 1-2 during the show.

But I've been to many concerts where I don't have any. I'm not a big drinker, but I enjoy a brew or two during Rush. Nothing wrong with it.

But yes...people who take it too far are idiots. Those are the people that need to be "cut off" from the tap.

Most certainly, I know people can hold their liquor and not act like a complete jackass. Hell, I usually don't drink before a Rush concert but I HAVE- it's all about being responsible! It sucks when 40- or 50somethings decide to let loose and pretend they're 25 again and all bets are off dazed025.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:31 AM)
Hell no...i buy tickets as soon as I possibly can. Why risk getting stuck with shitty seats, just because you wanted to "wait" and see what the setlist is going to be? eyesre4.gif

Well, in some cases you can still end up with a great seat (if you're willing to pay)!

old.gif

Waaayyyy back in 2008 I found a 3rd row aisle seat, Geddy side, for the Mohegan Sun show on Ticketmaster the day of the concert!

I'm poor because of Rush rofl3.gif

My tickets were purchased the day they went on sale. I have never waited to see a setlist. There won't be many more chances to see these guys, so I'm not going to miss any of them. 2.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 19 2012, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 19 2012, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Jun 18 2012, 09:44 PM)
What kind of setlist would prevent a Rush fan from going? I'm seriously curious. Rush is pretty consistent with playing stuff spanning all their albums (though the last two tours had exorbitant S&A and MP songs), so chances are very good that they'll play something that every fan will like.

And yes, the clock's hands keep moving forward, so seems a good idea to make the most of it right now. Who knows if there'll be another tour after this?

GeminiRising, obviously

Hiya Pedro- You are right. I wasn't impressed with the last tour's setlist, and I'm not optimistic about this tour's. But let's see what they flounder-up with this time.

Kurt

gotta agree with you on that one. i didn't care for the tm tour setlist at all but lets see what they come up with this time around.

I can see maybe not digging the S&A setlitst, but you guys didn't care for the TM setlist? unsure.gif Moving Pictures in its entirety? confused13.gif The number one fan-requested Camera Eye? confused13.gif About the only dud I can remember was Stick It Out.

Edited by They Bow Defeated

old.gif

This is true yes.gif But still - the whole concept seems pointless to me. It's like choosing NOT to see a movie in the theaters, until AFTER you find out how the movie ends first wacko.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 19 2012, 11:33 AM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 19 2012, 12:31 PM)

old.gif

Many of us have made huge sacrifices to tour with this band of ours wub.gif Worth every penny, I say. . .

pay the electric bill, see Rush... hm... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 19 2012, 10:42 AM)
I would like to see a LIMIT on alcohol consumption at concerts- I've been showered with beer, jostled out of the way countless times by dudebros leaving during the show to get beer, and have endured many disgusting drunk comments by Rush fans who don't know when to STFU.

Yeah. Chalk me up as "not a fan"  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I'm with Kelly on this one. While I certainly like to tie one on at the aftershow party (those who have partied with me know I do!), I don't drink before or during a show. For one thing, I pay too much money (even at face value!) to risk passing out or forgetting the show.

I have also been showered in beer and knocked around by drunk idiots. At The Gorge, one drunk ass started pushing my son out of his seat! MY SON WAS 11 AT THE TIME! Drunk asshole almost found out what it's like to have your ass kicked by a 5'3", 135 lbs bundle of dynamite! angry.gif Only reason he didn't get a fist in the mouth is because I didn't want to risk getting my son and I kicked out of the show, as we had just started the second set. I sure gave him a sturdy shove back and told him to stay in his own f**cking seat! Luckily, he passed out before all of Moving Pictures was over. tongue.gif

Edited by Rushchick10

Let me say that there's a HUGE difference between trashed people being assholes and people who just want to unwind with a few beers.

Trashed people being assholes are, well, assholes. If you were that drunk at a bar, they would tell you to go home. Don't get so drunk that you're a disturbance to everyone around you.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 18 2012, 07:34 PM)
Don't be a sellout....go to the show regardless of the setlist. They never disappoint

I have to disagree here. A setlist of 25% or more inclusive of CA, VT, or S&A material and I'm enjoying myself elsewhere.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 20 2012, 07:50 PM)
Don't be a sellout....go to the show regardless of the setlist.  They never disappoint

I have to disagree here. A setlist of 25% or more inclusive of CA, VT, or S&A material and I'm enjoying myself elsewhere.

I guess you'll be 'elsewhere' then.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 20 2012, 06:50 PM)
Don't be a sellout....go to the show regardless of the setlist.  They never disappoint

Oh, don't worry it wont be 25%. Not at all!

no.gif

More like 50%!

2.gif yes.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 20 2012, 05:50 PM)

Well, if Lifeson is correct (and that's a big if), he said that they'd play about 55 minutes of CA on the first leg. Add 5 minutes for Far Cry, and you are at an hour. If they play as long as they normally do (2 1/2 hours) then you are looking at 40%. And that is before you add any other songs off of S&A and any song off of VT.

Sorry you'll be skipping this tour.

I thought the Snakes & Arrows fives songs in a row during that tour was an absolute lull!!

Some of you guys want the entire CA record to be played all the way through?

I hope that doesn't happen.

They need to mix it up!!!!!!!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 18 2012, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 18 2012, 02:33 PM)
Not I, I have bought mine even though they haven't mailed them yet!

angry.gif

Nope! I have my VIP tix for San Jose. Vegas and Universal Studios are next.

Once the tour starts I won't be in the Rush section much because I am going to do my best not to know any of the set list until I see the show with my own eyes!! I love the element of surprise when it comes to a new Rush tour!

Once you've seen the first gig though you'll be free to come back though right?

And the setlist won't be out in the open till September so you'll be safe till then...

trink36.gif

Yep! No doubt Pat!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 21 2012, 01:06 AM)
I thought the Snakes & Arrows fives songs in a row during that tour was an absolute lull!!

Some of you guys want the entire CA record to be played all the way through?

I hope that doesn't happen.

They need to mix it up!!!!!!!

goodpost.gif

Damn straight Earl!

QUOTE (Karena @ Jun 21 2012, 09:06 AM)
You might be surprised how much of that isn't pretending. laugh.gif

So. . . does that mean they morph into 20somethings again? Are they drinking some anti-aging potion or something? huh.gif

Like most people here, I have my dream setlist.

In the end, I am always absolutely thrilled with whatever they play.

There is nothing like a Rush concert, regardless of what they play or don't play on any given tour.