Anyone waiting for setlist details b4 buying tix?

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 18 2012, 06:48 PM)
Personally, I agree with the people who hate the drinkers.

I think it should be BYOB. Or, they should outlaw it altogether. Drinking at a concert is stupid as f**k. If you HAVE TO HAVE beer (which you don't.) to enjoy a show, then there's a problem.

does the same apply for someone who would like to have a coke or some other refreshment?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 18 2012, 06:53 PM)

I think it should be BYOB. Or, they should outlaw it altogether. Drinking at a concert is stupid as f**k. If you HAVE TO HAVE beer (which you don't.) to enjoy a show, then there's a problem.

does the same apply for someone who would like to have a coke or some other refreshment?

No because I'm talking about strictly alcohol.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 18 2012, 07:17 PM)

No because I'm talking about strictly alcohol.

i think the more rush concerts you attend the more you drink or at least that's my take on it. tongue.gif dude i like beer and can hold my liquor. if i feel like a beer or more i'm going to have it. trink38.gif

I usually imbibe Pepsi.

What kind of setlist would prevent a Rush fan from going? I'm seriously curious. Rush is pretty consistent with playing stuff spanning all their albums (though the last two tours had exorbitant S&A and MP songs), so chances are very good that they'll play something that every fan will like.

And yes, the clock's hands keep moving forward, so seems a good idea to make the most of it right now. Who knows if there'll be another tour after this?

Maybe I'm in he minority(hope not!), but I don't worry about a set list of bands I REALLY want to see live. Don't want to see it ether. SURPRISE ME!

Keeping fingers crossed they come back to the U. S. sometime in 2013. Closest show is Houston, the last show of the American leg.

QUOTE (Mika @ Jun 18 2012, 09:44 PM)
What kind of setlist would prevent a Rush fan from going? I'm seriously curious. Rush is pretty consistent with playing stuff spanning all their albums (though the last two tours had exorbitant S&A and MP songs), so chances are very good that they'll play something that every fan will like.

And yes, the clock's hands keep moving forward, so seems a good idea to make the most of it right now. Who knows if there'll be another tour after this?

GeminiRising, obviously

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 10:48 PM)

GeminiRising, obviously

Unlike Pedro2112 who's waiting to find out the menu?

Sorry! No Tacos, Enchiladas, Flautas or empanadas at this show!

no.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 19 2012, 12:13 AM)

GeminiRising, obviously

Unlike Pedro2112 who's waiting to find out the menu?

Sorry! No Tacos, Enchiladas, Flautas or empanadas at this show!

no.gif

Racist

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 18 2012, 07:48 PM)

No offence...but that's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Outlaw alcohol at concerts? wtf.gif

You realize that no-one NEEDS alcohol to enjoy the show...but there is nothing wrong with enjoying a few brewskies and watching your favourite band.

If you honestly see a problem with that...then you my friend, have the problem.

GeminiRising, obviously

Hiya Pedro- You are right. I wasn't impressed with the last tour's setlist, and I'm not optimistic about this tour's. But let's see what they flounder-up with this time.

Kurt

Wow, okay. I don't NEED alcohol to enjoy a Rush concert. I don't need alcohol to enjoy anything. Some people like to down a few cold ones and have a good time. It's a CONCERT for crying out loud. If you don't want to, then don't.

This thread is seriously crazy.

So people can't get drinks or pee during a Rush concert. good to know.

Edited by GeddyLeefan2112

QUOTE (XXXB0BXXX @ Jun 18 2012, 05:51 PM)
No. They seem to be quite good at this whole live performance thing.

rofl3.gif

goodpost.gif

I would like to see a LIMIT on alcohol consumption at concerts- I've been showered with beer, jostled out of the way countless times by dudebros leaving during the show to get beer, and have endured many disgusting drunk comments by Rush fans who don't know when to STFU.

Yeah. Chalk me up as "not a fan" new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Hell no...i buy tickets as soon as I possibly can. Why risk getting stuck with shitty seats, just because you wanted to "wait" and see what the setlist is going to be? eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:48 AM)
Hell no...i buy tickets as soon as I possibly can. Why risk getting stuck with shitty seats, just because you wanted to "wait" and see what the setlist is going to be? eyesre4.gif

Well, in some cases you can still end up with a great seat (if you're willing to pay)!

old.gif

Waaayyyy back in 2008 I found a 3rd row aisle seat, Geddy side, for the Mohegan Sun show on Ticketmaster the day of the concert!

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 19 2012, 10:06 AM)

GeminiRising, obviously

Hiya Pedro- You are right. I wasn't impressed with the last tour's setlist, and I'm not optimistic about this tour's. But let's see what they flounder-up with this time.

Kurt

gotta agree with you on that one. i didn't care for the tm tour setlist at all but lets see what they come up with this time around.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 19 2012, 11:42 AM)
I would like to see a LIMIT on alcohol consumption at concerts- I've been showered with beer, jostled out of the way countless times by dudebros leaving during the show to get beer, and have endured many disgusting drunk comments by Rush fans who don't know when to STFU.

Yeah. Chalk me up as "not a fan" new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I definitely hear you on that one.

BUT...remember that not everyone is like that. I enjoy having a few beers, like maybe 1-2 during the show.

But I've been to many concerts where I don't have any. I'm not a big drinker, but I enjoy a brew or two during Rush. Nothing wrong with it.

But yes...people who take it too far are idiots. Those are the people that need to be "cut off" from the tap.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 19 2012, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:48 AM)

Well, in some cases you can still end up with a great seat (if you're willing to pay)!

old.gif

Waaayyyy back in 2008 I found a 3rd row aisle seat, Geddy side, for the Mohegan Sun show on Ticketmaster the day of the concert!

if i can scrape up the money by then, this is what i'm hoping will happen.

i must be one of the few Rush fans that is poor laugh.gif